Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

I hope this story starts kicking it into high gear. Right now it's reading like a palate cleanser to Coates run but it's missing the high octane action needed to really make it it's own high end espionage story with big risks and high stakes. Who knows maybe the 3rd issue Will be what's sets it on motion, but I needs to start ramping up now. We got the set up issues now let's get into the meat and potatoes

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I hope this story starts kicking it into high gear. Right now it's reading like a palate cleanser to Coates run but it's missing the high octane action needed to really make it it's own high end espionage story with big risks and high stakes. Who knows maybe the 3rd issue Will be what's sets it on motion, but I needs to start ramping up now. We got the set up issues now let's get into the meat and potatoes
    2nd.

I hope we see exactly where the sleepers were placed. Having just go live in another country is about as harmless as espionage gets

We're only 2 issues in so the pace isn't bad.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    We're only 2 issues in so the pace isn't bad.
    Yea, the pacing has been decent. Issues #3 and 4 hint in the solicits we’ll get some more info on the assassins, which is fair pacing.

I do think the stakes could be better established if we got a better sense of exactly where these spies were placed. Like that one spy at the Russian construction site, it would’ve been nice to get a hint of why he was there. Is that a secret headquarters for the Winter Guard? A storage facility for super weapons?

But see when you dig into those details you slow down the story. We’ve gone through like 6 spies already and we’re probably gonna get focus on one of them next issue so all in all I think Ridley’s balanced the need for brevity with the appropriate amount of detail. Plus with Omolola acting as T’Challa’s main ally here we’ll probably get some more info about her missions real soon