Quote Originally Posted by KylunFan View Post
Hopes

We get more of a focus on character beats. Hickman may have had interesting plots, but a lot of his stories lacked the emotional character beats I like in my X-Books. Hopefully the new books fill that void.

Marvel keep up with the characterisation of Betsy. Excalibur might have not been super popular on this board (or good at handling team dynamics) , but it's done wonders merging the 80's Marvel UK Character with modern day Betsy. It helps I love all the old Alan Moore Captain Britain stuff.

We get pleasantly suprised by a wild strange team line-up. How has a team with Nanny & Orphan-Maker been as good as Hellions?

Rockslide remerges in Otherworld and has been alive this whole time.

Worries

Nightcrawler gets stuck as the awful pious religious characterisation that Spurrier used in Way of X in his Legionnaires title.

Duggan keeps writing Laura as female Logan and she gets stuck in a boring romance with Synch.

The Academy X Kids get left out again or poorly characterised when they do show up. I'm a big fan of Ayala/Reis New Mutants but Anole has been written so poorly there for example.

Marvel keep queerbaiting us with Kate/Rachel/Illyana and/or Dani/Xian/Rahne. Just let these sapphics kiss already.
I thought Laura calls herself Wolverine..