Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Absolutely crushed. He's on my Mount Rushmore of artists. I absolutely love his work.

That is one of the worst news. I love his art, and his Aveger run with Busiek was my absolute favorite. Is rare that I follow an artist between different titles but Perez is one of those few. His art is so good. This is really really a bad news.

AS I suggested in the thread over at the DC forum, we should fill these threads with as much of his fantastic art as we can.

One of the greatest frustrations of my life as a comic fan was not seeing THIS story complete (even if we did get another excelent one a couple of decades later).

Peace

Astonishing Member

He was one of the brilliant creators of the colossal crossover between Marvel and DC in "JLA/Avengers". He will be missed enormously.

You know? I got the comics and there's a potential story that I would have liked to see in the crossover. You see, DC's charactes are basically more powerful than Marvel's characters, and Darkseid is DC's top villain against Marvel's Thanos. But, I just thought, there's ONE Marvel character that could actually kill Darkseid: Mangog.

Mangog is the gathering of the hate of a billion beings killed by Odin, but its hatred extend not only to the Asgardians, but ALL Gods. So I just thought, what could happen if Mangog suddenly appeared on Apokolips? Darkseid has beaten everyone he has encountered, but maybe Mangog could be too much for him. I mean, one of Mangog's powers is to get stronger through the sins commited by the Gods. So in a place like Apokolipse, where everything is a ruin caused by evol Gods, Mangog's powers would escalate out of the charts. With such overload of power, Mangog pretty sure could kill Darkseid's armies and Darkseid himself. Don't you agree?

Thank you, Mr. Perez, for helping make Wanda Maximoff, the Scarlet Witch, my favorite comic book character ever.

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

Cool

nice pictures..
    Last edited by SplinteringHeart; 12-10-2021 at 07:05 AM.

Astonishing Member

sad about his cancer diagnosis,,,

No one else will ever be able to give us masterpieces like these.

Peace