Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

That depends...which Betsy are you talking about?
    The one who Claremont wrote when she officially joined the X-Men during the Mutant Massacre? His Outback Betsy? His Kwannon/Psylocke Betsy?
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    While the sudden return of Betsy and Satr9 at the start was a bit "choppy" considering how the previous issue ended...I really enjoyed this issue. And while I would have preferred to read a full on battle the cliff-hanger ending works for me. I have patience (unlike 90% of the readership apparently) so...I am quite happy to wait for KoX in April 22 to see how it all continues.

LOVED that last page of Betsy charging forth! I will miss Marcus To.

Is Satr9's teleportation ability new? I can't recall it in her early Excalibur appearances.
    I loved it too and To posted this on his instagram yesterday.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    https://twitter.com/isaacikeda/statu...99613978075138

Can someone explain this.Why is Betsy acting like this because she never really did before
    Although i have issues w Tini's depiction of Betsy I do not agree with those tweets at all.

Betsy is not acting like a victim.

She's just finally has a live person in front of her.

Who's body she used to be in.

She is really REALLY finally having to see and think and reflect about it.

Other writers never explored this when she was in the Kwannon body. Most of them were males writers who proabably had no interest in writing that.

The only people that started to explore this are Leah and Tini. Two writers who happen to be female.

So these perspectives arent incorrect. They are just different insights into the character.

The only issue I really have w TH writing and dialogue is that I really think that Betsy should have thought bubbles or narration.

We need more insight into what she is going through instead of always having to read between the lines.

Which is THs writing style. She trusts the reader to know what she means when sometimes it needs to be on panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I loved it too and To posted this on his instagram yesterday.

I know some readers have an issue with CB Betsy but...She has definitely grown on me especially over the last few issues. I see this Betsy as a natural extension developing from the Outback Era Psylocke if the mind/body-merge with Kwannon had not happened. (All I really need is for her to use her psycho blast again...hopefully on Arthur...and I'll be happy like pappy)
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I need her to stop being so insecure, unsure and flip floppy. I miss confident bad ass Betsy. And we got a glimmer of that when she was out of uniform.

This issue especially the last few pages and her appearances overall in this final arc puts her in that confident bad-ass category.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Although i have issues w Tini's depiction of Betsy I do not agree with those tweets at all.

Betsy is not acting like a victim.

She's just finally has a live person in front of her.

Who's body she used to be in.

She is really REALLY finally having to see and think and reflect about it.

Other writers never explored this when she was in the Kwannon body. Most of them were males writers who proabably had no interest in writing that.

The only people that started to explore this are Leah and Tini. Two writers who happen to be female.

So these perspectives arent incorrect. They are just different insights into the character.

The only issue I really have w TH writing and dialogue is that I really think that Betsy should have thought bubbles or narration.

We need more insight into what she is going through instead of always having to read between the lines.

Which is THs writing style. She trusts the reader to know what she means when sometimes it needs to be on panel.
    She says she felt like she never had a choice, could you elaborate on why so?Because in most of her history even though she was in someone else body she made her own choices.

The closest I get is that the body swap made her more violent, and someone pointed out this is basically saying being in Kwannon's body was corrupting her.Which isn't a thing in the first place

What choice did she not have? Kwannon saying that makes sense because she didn't, she was trapped.Betsy made her own choices and used Kwannon's body to do whatever she wanted whether it was sleeping w/ people or killing them and she made all those choices on her own.

Also while I agree we need more female writers(a no-brainer), Leah and Tini have regularly been the worst of the Krakoan era X-office.So idk if saying these 2 writers are the only ones who did something is a good thing...

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I need her to stop being so insecure, unsure and flip floppy. I miss confident bad ass Betsy. And we got a glimmer of that when she was out of uniform.
    Literally what I said.Tini's adding insecurities that were never their as if they always have been, and that's how she's been the entire run

I can't consider her a badass when she's lost most of the fights she's been in. Even now they're basically getting their asses kicked even with a reality warper on their side.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I can't consider her a badass when she's lost most of the fights she's been in.
    In terms of badassery your win rate matters less than the fact that you keep getting up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Having been recently reading Alan Davis’ Excalibur, it’s amazing how this Merlin and Roma are like totally different characters from those days.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Having been recently reading Alan Davis’ Excalibur, it’s amazing how this Merlin and Roma are like totally different characters from those days.
    Almost every Marvel character is totally different from who they were last century...

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    She says she felt like she never had a choice, could you elaborate on why so?Because in most of her history even though she was in someone else body she made her own choices.

The closest I get is that the body swap made her more violent, and someone pointed out this is basically saying being in Kwannon's body was corrupting her.Which isn't a thing in the first place

What choice did she not have? Kwannon saying that makes sense because she didn't, she was trapped.Betsy made her own choices and used Kwannon's body to do whatever she wanted whether it was sleeping w/ people or killing them and she made all those choices on her own.

Also while I agree we need more female writers(a no-brainer), Leah and Tini have regularly been the worst of the Krakoan era X-office.So idk if saying these 2 writers are the only ones who did something is a good thing...

Literally what I said.Tini's adding insecurities that were never their as if they always have been, and that's how she's been the entire run
    I don't know the context of the questions. But the thing she never had a choice about was being put in the body. If you have some comic examples I could maybe get a better sense.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I can't consider her a badass when she's lost most of the fights she's been in. Even now they're basically getting their asses kicked even with a reality warper on their side.
    Just because a character has lost some battles doesnt mean they havent had any bad ass moments in their published history.

That's absolutely fair, but I'm basing that mostly on what I've seen from her in Excalibur, not her whole history.

She could have left the Corps behind and retreated to the safety of Krakoa, but she went right back in to fight for them, Saturnyne, and the Citadel.

Bad. Ass.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!