Page 25 of 955 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125525 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LukeCagefan View Post
    I was enjoying the Black Panther dlc but I kinda lost interest when the Avengers showed up. Still a fun game to play.
    I lost interest after I completed the story for WFW. Still the foundation for a great Black Panther game is there. Though I’d honestly give it to a different developer like Sucker Punch or Eidos Montreal.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

For sure. So, is it considered controversial to enjoy Hudlin's run over Priest's? I did enjoy Priest's world building, but Hudlin's, despite it's flaws, was pretty fun. I still don't care for the Storm marriage but I enjoyed T'Challa kicking butt.

For sure. So, is it considered controversial to enjoy Hudlin's run over Priest's? I did enjoy Priest's world building, but Hudlin's, despite it's flaws, was pretty fun. I still don't care for the Storm marriage but I enjoyed T'Challa kicking butt.
    Priest is my personal favorite but I get why others may not love it as much due to it very much being tied up in 90s culture with T’Challa’s design or the Dora looking like Halle Berry. It also has the flaw of T’Challa not being the POV character and instead having Ross - basically BP’s Jimmy Olsen - being the audience self-insert since Priest was trying to get a white audience to give the book a chance. Hudlin is more in line with what people would expect and I did enjoy his run with a few exceptions - the Storm marriage being an albatross around the BP franchises neck, some of his dialogue was off-putting - but I’d say Hudlin was the one who really elevated Wakanda by making it always have been more advanced than the rest of the world, while Priest elevated T’Challa specifically by transforming his image from the token into the premiere Badass of the MU.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Damn what could have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Really I don't see how BP Quest suffered. Everyone pretty much said it was one of the best showings they've seen from Marvel.

If you're talking about the art or production, that would have stayed the same even if it was a separate show.
    From a marketing standpoint. Getting billed as its own NEW thing rather than season 5 of an already lackluster series in Avenger Assemble (the hated follow up to EMH) resuled in less eye on the product.

Can you guys think of some good choices for voice actors for the following characters?

Madame Slay
    Kiber
    Baron Macabre
    Achebe
    Monica Lynne
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Smile Hudlin's Black Panther run is my favorite!

LukeCagefan,

You are not alone in loving Reginald Hudlin's run on Black Panther. I originally signed on to this board in 2007, right in the middle of his run, and was very clear in my appreciation and preference of Hudlin's run over Priest's.

Hudlin even got me to like Storm (LOL) as I loved Hudlin's writing of the marriage of T'Challa and Storm!

The X-men can, of course, **** off and I no longer support their relationship unless there is a massive overhaul of Marvel Comics editorial management in general and the X-office's hating ass in particular.

Anyway, Hudlin's Black Panther series flowed like a movie and T'Challa was portrayed as wise, confident and decisive.

Black Panther 09 (2005)

Like a BOSS!

Excelsior!

Daoud

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yeah it's pretty stupid how people pretend to "Honor" Chad by removing a character who's existed for 55+ years because the guy who played him first passed. It's completely idiotic yet some people actually believe it would be respectful and others have an agenda
    The more I think about it, the madder I get. It's ridiculous.

Nah, just don't come in here saying that "Coates wrote the best BP ever!"

Seriously don't say that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    From a marketing standpoint. Getting billed as its own NEW thing rather than season 5 of an already lackluster series in Avenger Assemble (the hated follow up to EMH) resuled in less eye on the product.
    Other than BP fans, who else was going to put eyes on this if it were separate tho'? At least Avengers fans would follow.

And we don't know how they would have marketed this. They sure don't promote the heck out of Hudlin's cartoon.

Other than BP fans, who else was going to put eyes on this if it were separate tho'? At least Avengers fans would follow.

And we don't know how they would have marketed this. They sure don't promote the heck out of Hudlin's cartoon.
    Speaking of Hudlins Cartoon, it still has yet to come to Disney +. Though it being produced solely for BET is the reason.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Quote Originally Posted by Daoud View Post
    LukeCagefan,

You are not alone in loving Reginald Hudlin's run on Black Panther. I originally signed on to this board in 2007, right in the middle of his run, and was very clear in my appreciation and preference of Hudlin's run over Priest's.

Hudlin even got me to like Storm (LOL) as I loved Hudlin's writing of the marriage of T'Challa and Storm!

The X-men can, of course, **** off and I no longer support their relationship unless there is a massive overhaul of Marvel Comics editorial management in general and the X-office's hating ass in particular.

Anyway, Hudlin's Black Panther series flowed like a movie and T'Challa was portrayed as wise, confident and decisive.

Black Panther 09 (2005)

Like a BOSS!

Excelsior!

Daoud
    Lol, love this.

The more I think about it, the madder I get. It's ridiculous.
    I know you don't want to get into MCU stuff so I won't keep pushing it, but yeah, it's crazy.. obviously there are folks that don't like how T'Challa cane in and smashed all vox office records and beat their favorite heroes in numbers from his first solo movie. They made it abundantly clear where they stood. Then when Chad died all of a sudden they changed gears, they started to play on the "Chad was so good NO ONE can ever top his version, best to just let BP be it's own standalone movie and retire the franchise" then they started attacking people who were using reason to say hey this isn't what Chad would of wanted, he STATED as much when he was alive. But they don't care, it's all about "Honoring Chadwick" aka removing T'Challa, while pretending to be sad about it. But that's why folk's like E-Man and Chad's family needs to speak up and show people the hypocrisy and ridiculousness of what they are saying

I mean, you don't know unless you try. T'Challa has already been proven as a billion dollar franchise for solo out the gate, was the best season of AA, best part of the Avengers game... If iron man or cap or something was a Billion dollars out the gate and an Oscar winner They would of have have comics, spin off series, and games yo the ass. Hell there was a ironman game after the movie came out. But T'Challa still has to prove himself? BS

If you're talking about the art or production, that would have stayed the same even if it was a separate show.
    Just look at Marvel's Spider-Man that was airing alongside it at the time (and actually crossed over with that season). It was just an era of less than stellar-looking animation for Marvel cartoons.

I will never forget T'Challa spinning like Crash Bandicoot.