Page 278 of 955 FirstFirst ... 178228268274275276277278279280281282288328378778 ... LastLast
Results 4,156 to 4,170 of 14314

Quote Originally Posted by Hellscream View Post
    In Klaws of the Panther Shuri teams up with multiple heroes. I think most of the post were referring to that run. Which did not sell so well.
    Klaws was terrible. They had Shuri portrayed as a rage-aholic Paris Hilton who could only control her rage with the help of Wolverine.

Hard pass on that.

There was nothing redeemable about Klaws. It was just a bad book

Power wasn't bad.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Starting from the end of 'Who is the Black Panther' would be optimal in my opinion.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Because it sounds like they have no confidence that she'll sell on her own.
    Novel wise she has books of her own.

That are doing very well.

But this "change" in shuri happened overnight... after already changing her into a encyclopedia mage lol. She went from being a rash, borderline angry Queen to a dry, super mature, historian like Mage, to a teenager super nerd QUICK.
    Too much money to be made off if it.

However in Shuri's case she got there too late.

Because Moongirl took that spot and did it without a black writer.

I'm surprised she isn't an Avenger yet.
    Why hasn't King TChalla sent her on her walkabout.
    It would be great for her to maybe spend a year or two on the Avengers team. Then move over and do a year stint on the F4.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    It would be great for her to maybe spend a year or two on the Avengers team. Then move over and do a year stint on the F4.
    They put her on Avengers and she'll have all kinds of feats. Watch what Nighthawk does.

It would also be nice to what Gillis and Cowan would do with a full-run non-canon Black Panther title.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Martin Freeman just cant help himself.

Martin Freeman Talks What 'BLACK PANTHER WAKANDA FOREVER' Was Like Without Chadwick Boseman!

"“It was strange, that side of it. On the one hand, you’re making the film that you’re there to make, and there are scores and scores of people on set, joined in this endeavor to make the film. But there’s also no question that, at the heart of it, there’s quite a gap now, and you felt it. With full respect to Ryan Coogler and everybody else, who’s sweating and bleeding to get this thing done properly, it was fun. It was enjoyable. I was in and out of it quite quickly, I think. But I like playing Everett Ross. He’s a very fun character to play. He’s nicely simpatico for the story. He’s a good guy. But it was odd. Of course, it was odd with Chadwick [Boseman] not being there. There’s no way around that. I think everyone would find it pretty strange and sad, but at the same time, life things don’t just end. It’s not like, ‘Well, that’s that’s happened, so we just all have to go off and never do it again.’ But it was odd. When he passed, I thought, ‘Okay, well maybe there just won’t be another one.’ But there are still other stories to tell within that world and other great characters. I think, and I hope that we’ve made a good film. I trust Ryan Coogler a lot. But it was weird”

"
    Tell me you thought it was weird making a movie without the main character and also burying them without telling me.
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 05-05-2022 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Martin Freeman just cant help himself.

Tell me you thought it was weird making a movie about a character without the main character and then burying them without telling me.
    Martin just ain't spouting bullisht like everyone else. He is being real about it. This is why they need to Recast

Maybe Martin is trying to warn us in a way that won’t have the Disney lawyers on that ass. Lol.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

However in Shuri's case she got there too late.

Because Moongirl took that spot and did it without a black writer.
    yeah... thats the other thing... Moon Girl was doing this Shuri stuff before nuShuri and she has a dinosaur lol.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Because no one cares about the mythos at all.

The time for her walkabout shoulda been after she was Queen and straight up FAILED. Her life long dream was to be BP and Queen and, judging directly from what happened to Wakanda, she sucked. Was it all her fault? Absolutely not. But Doom War, AvX, and Hickman... she was queen. She decided to be the first aggressor in War vs Atlantis and it ended with Wakanda gone, literally. THen she committed suicide... literally.

She failed.

After being ressurected is when she should have left Wakanda to find out what her role in life really was. That could have lead to the Mage stuff and have her make her triumph return in her new role in the middle of Coates run instead of some weird Djalia thing.

But, tbf, all of this would have been erased anyway as soon as nuShuri caught on.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    yeah... thats the other thing... Moon Girl was doing this Shuri stuff before nuShuri and she has a dinosaur lol.

Because no one cares about the mythos at all.

The time for her walkabout shoulda been after she was Queen and straight up FAILED. Her life long dream was to be BP and Queen and, judging directly from what happened to Wakanda, she sucked. Was it all her fault? Absolutely not. But Doom War, AvX, and Hickman... she was queen. She decided to be the first aggressor in War vs Atlantis and it ended with Wakanda gone, literally. THen she committed suicide... literally.

She failed.

After being ressurected is when she should have left Wakanda to find out what her role in life really was. That could have lead to the Mage stuff and have her make her triumph return in her new role in the middle of Coates run instead of some weird Djalia thing.

But, tbf, all of this would have been erased anyway as soon as nuShuri caught on.
    Unfortunately the problem starts from the jump. When Hudlin made Shuri z he didn't have anything past "Back up BP Incase T'Challa dies" and left he as a blank slate. She offered njtgotonthe mythos other than being a inferior T'Challa. She has no role to fill other than the kid sister in T'Challas shadow, she was just... There. She was arrogant brash and ahead alot to prove. Instead of focusing on something she was good at or had a knack for (magic could of worked) instead she literally just copied T'Challa in everything. Which has lead to MCU Shuri doing the same except this time she is actually taking feats and characteristics from T'Challa and claiming them as her own

Ultimate Member

No spoilers but after hearing the full breakdown of Dr Strange 2, I’m really starting to question how Marvel treats some of it’s characters.

The movie just seems to be filled with missed opportunities from top to bottom.

It really doesn’t fill me with confidence for BP2 and the franchise as a whole.

Incredible Member

The MCU ended with Endgame. Everything else is ancillary bullcrap.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Unfortunately the problem starts from the jump. When Hudlin made Shuri z he didn't have anything past "Back up BP Incase T'Challa dies" and left he as a blank slate. She offered njtgotonthe mythos other than being a inferior T'Challa. She has no role to fill other than the kid sister in T'Challas shadow, she was just... There. She was arrogant brash and ahead alot to prove. Instead of focusing on something she was good at or had a knack for (magic could of worked) instead she literally just copied T'Challa in everything. Which has lead to MCU Shuri doing the same except this time she is actually taking feats and characteristics from T'Challa and claiming them as her own
    Hudlin created a rotten foundation with the character. In every interview he gives about Shuri, his only reason for creating her comes down to an “heir and a spare” and having a woman as BP (something that he only planned to do temporarily.) He has the same simplistic ass justification for the Storm marriage “strong black man must have strong black woman at his side”, no greater thematic or worldbuilding purpose other than feel good representation lacking in any substance or genuine direction.

Shuri was created with no unique qualities other than the fact she lived in her brother’s shadow. No unique skills, interests, or backstory. She’s literally there to wait in the wings of a fundamentally stagnant universe to take everything T’Challa built up in the mythos. There’s nothing inherently wrong with that because over time we should’ve gotten writers who tried to expand her character into being more than T’Challa-lite. Every attempt to do so has resulted in diminishing T’Challa in some way.

Whether it be trying (and failing) have her become BP to now a kid genius who has made Marvel hellbent on turning T’Challa into black Captain America rather than the polymath warrio-shaman he was introduced as. Shuri actively reduces T’Challa’s agency and capability and the more time he spends dealing with Wakandan bullshit the less impressive and complex he comes off. There’s a reason his best stories are outside the kingdom and why the quality BP stories was better before writers started bending over backwards to make his sister relevant.

And even then she’s still a viable character lol. Just stick her on the Champions and treat her like how DC treats comic Batgirl and Marvel should be fine. But trying to emphasize Batgirl as a better hero than Batman rather than a different kind of hero will only hurt the long term potential of the franchise.