Page 326 of 955 FirstFirst ... 226276316322323324325326327328329330336376426826 ... LastLast
Results 4,876 to 4,890 of 14314

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Think ill do that again tomorrow too as a form of protest

Go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I'll still give him credit for getting Priest to do Black Panther.
    In the words of the esteemd Ms. Jackson: "What have you done for me lately?"

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    3 months nowactually!

for 60 dollars for the whole year (or 10 dollars a month).

Plus they have reading guides, which could be helpful.

For comics, it is easily the best deal around.
    I sit corrected. Still, $10 a month for 3 month old comics is a worse deal than VIZ offers for their Shonen Jump titles. It's only cost-effective if you don't mind waitting and read more than 2-3 comics a month.

Don't feel bad, I tried to give Ridley the benefit of the doubt but I've given up on it.

There's really nothing good to talk about as far as T'Challa goes unless it's to revisit past stories.

It's a sad time.

You don’t know how often I get to this thread WANTING to hear good news. And then being disappointed. But even a little good news gives me the fix I need.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    In the words of the esteemd Ms. Jackson: "What have you done for me lately?"
    Still the best decision Marvel has made by far over the last 25 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    You don’t know how often I get to this thread WANTING to hear good news. And then being disappointed. But even a little good news gives me the fix I need.
    I know. Nothing good from the movie side, publishing side or television.

It's like we're in a desert.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    At times like this, I really wish there was a metric to gauge how much the movies drive people to read the comics. My brother and my sister-in-law love the movies, but neither of them have read a comic in their lives. I've come to terms with the synergy, I just wish they were honest about it.
    Well its hard to figure that out because there are barriers. Especially with certain characters.

Lets take The Batman. You get interested in him-where do you go FIRST????

1) The public library where you can check out as much Batman as you want and in my case keep those books out for near a year because so many copies are there.

2) Half Price Books-another place to get Batman comic and trades for over half the price or lower in some cases.

3) Amazon-Black Panther DOMINATED for 3 years there because the two above did not have that much BP stuff. For Batman-he keeps getting new editions-so he has some titles be top there from time to time.

4) Our friend Ebay or Target (app more than the store).

5) comixology on Amazon. I don't need the Marvel app. I'll trip up on a Batman or Panther book.

These are the 5 that get in the way of looking for a comic book store. 4 of those guys LOVE to have SALES. Buy 2 books and get 1 free (something Target on app does more than Amazon). The Dc's OGN, Shuri novels and the Little Gold Marvel & DC books are victim of this.

The library alone will take out about 80% of Marvel and DC. Now POC at both companies NOT named Miles, T'Challa, Kamala, Moon Girl, John Stewart, Duke and a few others is a different issue.

TO see a surge in comic stores-you need someone who is NOT that high in the above 5-like a Static.

$6.000 will get you his entire 45 issue run on Ebay.
    $1,500 will get you the last issue with the Moebius cover.

He does even have a movie yet.

Think how much higher that stuff will go when that first trailer?

And that is NOT even counting Static's run included a Gil Kane cover, the ONLY comic book appearance by The Lost Boys (before one got killed), the FIRST ever DC comic written by a black woman, first Dc comic written by a transgender and early Humbert Ramos art.

Mighty Member

I really don't have any enthusiasm for comics outside of The Star Wars comics.

The Sam Wilson/Cap comic looks promising though.
    Sam Wilson Cap comic seems started nicely and i am still invested.

Get Geoff Thorne's Green Lanterns comic series

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    They more he tells me about the issue, the worse it gets TBH

3 months nowactually!

for 60 dollars for the whole year (or 10 dollars a month).

Plus they have reading guides, which could be helpful.

For comics, it is easily the best deal around.
    You may have to send me a message now cause I'm curious just how bad it gets. Is it Coates Level of bad, or has Ridley somehow transcended Coates to take his reign as the worst BP writer of all time

Mighty Member

It just seems that Ridley is writing T'Challa as if he is not enhanced by the Heart-Shaped Herb. I mean in the preview, how the HZ were able to take him down with their vibrainium suits. The way the female Wakanda Agent was able to go toe to toe with him. Could it be that Ridley's take on the Heart-Shaped Herb enhancements are not on the same level as the super soldier serum?

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    It just seems that Ridley is writing T'Challa as if he is not enhanced by the Heart-Shaped Herb. I mean in the preview, how the HZ were able to take him down with their vibrainium suits. The way the female Wakanda Agent was able to go toe to toe with him. Could it be that Ridley's take on the Heart-Shaped Herb enhancements are not on the same level as the super soldier serum?
    I was thinking the same thing. T'Challa is fighting way under his weight class. This is just a waste of time.

"To let [T'Challa] die is to say even in fantasy, we can’t have fantasy. We can’t have happily ever after even in our own fairy tales. But everyone else can."
    *mic drop*

Beautifully written article by a 3x NYT bestselling author.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post

It’s almost like Ridley doesn’t know what the heart shaped herb is. He has completely ignored it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    It’s almost like Ridley doesn’t know what the heart shaped herb is. He has completely ignored it.
    Like Coates ignored a lot of things.

Like Coates ignored a lot of things.

It makes me think of Ewing and how good chief12d said he is with continuity. Continuity is good because it keeps the die hard fans around.

Haven’t commented on CBR in a long time But had to stop by and say something. I gave Ridley the benefit of the doubt for the first few issues. Begrudgingly followed along for the rest. But after what comes out tomorrow I’m officially out. I can’t see anyone: T’challa fans, Storm fans, and anti and pro both together alike reading that and recognizing either character. Idk who those people are supposed to be but they do not sound like Black Panther and Storm, they do not feel like Black Panther and Storm, and most importantly they do not act like Black Panther and Storm. They both come across so bad in different ways. Hate to see this book sink and sink hard. Anyway, that’s all. Just know that lots of Storm fans won’t want anything to do with this mess either. Pity.