Page 166 of 955 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176216266666 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 14314

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Yet, he remains the most disrespected hero of this group. Black men overachiever, and still can't catch a break, or be valued.
    He should've replaced Stark as the face of the MCU but anything but a black man. Captain Marvel, Dr. Strange, just not T'Challa.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Now, we just need to make Prodigy an honorary Wakandan and turn him into a spy!
    A mutant hanging around T'challa, I feel like i've seen this a time or two

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yeah Prodigy! This was also the same issue where he gives that random ass speech and shows the statue of Nu-nakia they were somehow able to build in the middle of an invasion! That was such great writing!...
    Bruh, T'challa is such a giving human being, he rushed a statue for some chick no one in Wakanda had ever heard of. Boosting hte economy AND honoring a WOC.

Such a legend. T'challa the Giving.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Now, we just need to make Prodigy an honorary Wakandan and turn him into a spy!
    Might as well since no one else is using him. Never mind all the knowledge that he has inside that head. If he was a few skin tones lighter the line would be down the street of villains trying to get him.

And I do believe Coates did that issue to promote Prodigy.

https://screenrant.com/black-panther...akanda-battle/

There was an interview that he mentions that.

Yeah Prodigy! This was also same issue where he gives that random ass speech and shows the statue of Nu-nakia they were somehow able to build in the middle of an invasion! That was such great writing!...
    I wonder if NuNukia looks like old Nukia.

If so, then they were raising a statue of a woman who looks exactly like the woman who tried to kill their king.

I wonder what the new gov't of Wakanda did with all those statues that were made?

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Might as well since no one else is using him. Never mind all the knowledge that he has inside that head. If he was a few skin tones lighter the line would be down the street of villains trying to get him.

And I do believe Coates did that issue to promote Prodigy.

https://screenrant.com/black-panther...akanda-battle/

There was an interview that he mentions that.
    Synch and Prodigy would be a two-person wrecking crew in mutant land.

Extraordinary Member

Every good comic book writer and editor team SHOULD be attempting to put over new supers in their assigned books. Over non powered supporting cast. We know that unless it's a Mary Jane or a old school character like Lois Lane, people could care less about normals.

But redo Gwen Stacy and give her spider powers and it's a license to print money even if she doesn't have a regular book.

Classic Black Panther starts out with the most boring supporting cast in comics. Period. Even Iron Fist had a better supporting cast to start with and that was basically two lady detectives and his Martial Arts teacher.

So if using versions of the MCU characters will help, do that. If they want to add new supers to the cast do that too. Tchalla possibly losing shine is the least of this books concerns. With only one character to care about if interest wanes, that reader goes. The super fans may wail, but they aren't the only readers. If they are that's a problem in itself.

I'd take Aquaman's supporting cast over BP's any day. At least Aquaman has Mera and Aqualad. That's two more interesting characters than BP has ever managed to push.

The last time Superman was a legitimate strong seller over several books, he had a small army of supporting characters: Clone Superboy, Replicant Supergirl, Steel and later on Steel's niece-Steel 2. And even now years after DC pissed away nearly all of Superman's 90's franchise success, DC is now pushing Superman's son, Jon really hard.

Even the chronically underselling Wonder Woman book has learned to at least TRY to add interesting characters to the book. They added the Brazilian Wonder Woman, Artemis the violent Wonder Woman was brought back and DC even revamped and brought back Nubia.

If any of these new characters, or MCU hybrid characters can possibly bring more new eyes to the franchise (and yeah, BP has become a real franchise now that BP related mini series are a kind of regular thing now) that's why the creatives are pushing them in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    A mutant hanging around T'challa, I feel like i've seen this a time or two

Bruh, T'challa is such a giving human being, he rushed a statue for some chick no one in Wakanda had ever heard of. Boosting hte economy AND honoring a WOC.

Such a legend. T'challa the Giving.
    Don't forget he is also T'Challa the FORgiving! Side with known terrorist who have killed your people, pissed off because your girlfriend killed a leader instead of reporting it and taking over another tribes location? No problem! Forgiven and allowed to keep the land and be exonerated for all your crimes!

Sided with a dude who flooded your people when your were Queen? No problem! You come back and everyone unconditionally loves you again, prays to you and you become a literal goddess!

Incited a rebellion of a peoples that aren't your own? Then sides with known racists? Then attacked Wakanda alongside one of the nations worst enemies? No problem! You are now the literal god of their nation!

All hail Tchalla the giving! T'Challa the FORgiving!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Every good comic book writer and editor team SHOULD be attempting to put over new supers in their assigned books. Over non powered supporting cast. We know that unless it's a Mary Jane or a old school character like Lois Lane, people could care less about normals.

But redo Gwen Stacy and give her spider powers and it's a license to print money even if she doesn't have a regular book.

Classic Black Panther starts out with the most boring supporting cast in comics. Period. Even Iron Fist had a better supporting cast to start with and that was basically two lady detectives and his Martial Arts teacher.

So if using versions of the MCU characters will help, do that. If they want to add new supers to the cast do that too. Tchalla possibly losing shine is the least of this books concerns. With only one character to care about if interest wanes, that reader goes. The super fans may wail, but they aren't the only readers. If they are that's a problem in itself.

I'd take Aquaman's supporting cast over BP's any day. At least Aquaman has Mera and Aqualad. That's two more interesting characters than BP has ever managed to push.

The last time Superman was a legitimate strong seller over several books, he had a small army of supporting characters: Clone Superboy, Replicant Supergirl, Steel and later on Steel's niece-Steel 2. And even now years after DC pissed away nearly all of Superman's 90's franchise success, DC is now pushing Superman's son, Jon really hard.

Even the chronically underselling Wonder Woman book has learned to at least TRY to add interesting characters to the book. They added the Brazilian Wonder Woman, Artemis the violent Wonder Woman was brought back and DC even revamped and brought back Nubia.

If any of these new characters, or MCU hybrid characters can possibly bring more new eyes to the franchise (and yeah, BP has become a real franchise now that BP related mini series are a kind of regular thing now) that's why the creatives are pushing them in the first place.
    The problem is HOW they are pushing them. Okoye, and maybe possibly Tosin (depending on how Ridley plays that out) are ways to introduce a character decently. Shuri, the MA, nu'Mbaku. Any character introduced that's how deal is to insult or jump into tchallas lane just ruins any momentum he may have building. When BP was really popping we shouldn't of got a BP wow book focused on the MA. That was frakking stupid.

The shuri mini should not of gone the route of "wow is me, I was born the wrong gender" (which was never a thing, they both were trained equally to rule) instead of her going through a journey of what her role is now that she isn't Queen. The way to build up supporting cast to spin off isnt to insult the title character or take their character traits away and implant them onto the new one. It's to make them unique and interesting on their own and how they interact with said franchise holder.

The problem is HOW they are pushing them. Okoye, and maybe possibly Tosin (depending on how Ridley plays that out) are ways to introduce a character decently. Shuri, the MA, nu'Mbaku. Any character introduced that's how deal is to insult or jump into tchallas lane just ruins any momentum he may have building. When BP was really popping we shouldn't of got a BP wow book focused on the MA. That was frakking stupid.

The shuri mini should not of gone the route of "wow is me, I was born the wrong gender" (which was never a thing, they both were trained equally to rule) instead of her going through a journey of what her role is now that she isn't Queen. The way to build up supporting cast to spin off isnt to insult the title character or take their character traits away and implant them onto the new one. It's to make them unique and interesting on their own and how they interact with said franchise holder.
    Well-put and completely accurate. It only creates resentment towards those characters and fractures the fanbase stunting the growth of everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post

Bring back Zuri!

The only Wakandan with a personality

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

That's the key. You don't push supporting characters ahead of the hero, especially if the hero has only one solo.

There's no room at the top for T'Challa, Shuri, Okoye, Akili, Nukia, Nu'Baku, Ramonda, Aneka, Ayo etc., etc.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Bring back Zuri!

The only Wakandan with a personality

I would really enjoy a series where Zuri and Thor teamed up.

Wow, yaw are so wrong calling Tchalla the Giver and Forgiver.
    But truthfully whenever the Wakanda tv show is aired. The glaring holes of the whole Wakanda mythos going to be shed light on. Because most of the characters have to be given a space that says they are from this group in Wakanda and this is there culture. That come with how the dress and who they worship.
    The second movie if it succeeds are fail it going to be treated like Thor. Thats if these leftover characters have a purpose in future films. If anyone have a problem with the Black Panther mantle being worn by anyone. The Skrull war with Wakanda already made president that its okay for the Black Panther mantle to be can be worn by anyone without trials. Especially when the religion aspect of the character is not really shown or none at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellscream View Post
    Wow, yaw are so wrong calling Tchalla the Giver and Forgiver.
    t'challa just shows up to black characters randomly

"Hear me and REJOICE! You are about to be saved from limbo by the child of T'chaka!

Be thanksful that your meaningless lives are now contributed to the balance!"

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Curiosity will give the sequel some legs, but I feel that the odd energy around female agenda pushing will inhibit it from getting anywhere near the level of success of the first. Hopefully this will lead Marvel to finally consider the T'Challa issue. Unfortunately timing really has damned T'Challa from being positioned to be included as a linchpin similar to Strange. I was the guy leading conversation with friends about how inevitable that T'Challa was going to be "That" guy ala Tony, Steve, and Thor. Now I'm just numb from any real mention of Black Panther, hell I can't even get into the new book.
    I'm late so sorry if the conversation has changed. But I just think how we are framing the conversation mirrors how white supremacists frame the conversation against black heroes. they talk about black agenda-pushing when any black character gets to shine, or their movie or series. People are in here talking about female agenda pushing the same way they talk about "Black agenda-pushing". I get the intent behind the words but it's way too close to white supremacist rhetoric for me to be comfortable with it. Especially when it's used against black characters, doesn't matter if they are women, gay, or anything they still are black and we should still support them, or at least watch the language we use to avoid sounding like some kinda comics gate people.