Page 747 of 955 FirstFirst ... 247647697737743744745746747748749750751757797847 ... LastLast
Results 11,191 to 11,205 of 14314
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    If I was writing I'd absolutely start at the end of Secret Wars.
    And bull "he was in a twilight zone" narrative without batting an eye
    Same here...... Cosigned!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    As far as the Black Panther comic, I think they'd be better served by focusing on outside adventures as opposed to issues within Wakanda. That country should be a utopia and if people have a problem with that then F them.

Set on story arc where T'Challa is a diplomat in another country and something pops off where he has to get involved. Next arc is him investigating some plot to infiltrate Wakanda from an outside agitator. Another after that goes cosmic with the Avengers guest starring. Then maybe bring it back to Wakanda in some attempted coup.

And even if you don't like any of that, I'm sure professionals can come up with something to take him out of Wakanda and showing he's Top Tier.
    Good ideas but we have seem them a lot.They are good ideas non-the-less but we have seen it get bastardized. I still think Wakanda (more so the IGEW/ Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda) can be written brilliantly if it had just half the proper thought out intricate story that is given the Xmen's Krakoa.

By now, we should know the different species and their cultures and planets and tech and how the socio-economic network of the galaxy works spare-headed by Tchalla and Wakanda Prime as the Empire capital. With such an incredibly vast empire, why are BP writers still portraying Wakanda using planes instead of teleportation tech which they have had long before the IGEW was created?.... Meanwhile Xmen who have LITERAL people with teleportation powers and ALSO HAVE teleportation tech shown in use repeatedly across the Xmen books; then how the f@#% does "the most technologically advanced nation on earth" not do the same if not more so?!?

Especially when they have an INTER-GALACTIC empire???

Then how does this affect other superpower nations and civilizations on earth and across the universe?

With the IGEW a lot lf the BP OG villains can easily get upgraded revamps for example....the Supremacists can be a 7 (or 11) characters, each from different civilisations and species who have allied against the IGEW.

At this point, the problem is not just with the writers but also the editors.

Tchalla has been brilliantly portrayed as very top tier OUTSIDE wakanda in other books .... The problem with when his own solo book writers and editors have a hard-on to keep portraying him as an unrepentant idiot.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Again, E-man was very specific in his words. Also the color purple is horribly depressing, no matter how good it was, no one likes watching movies and feeling depressed afterwards. Looking at emans face after he watched it speaks volumes.

I have no doubt it will be a well made movie with the ebst intentions, it may be good in that sense, but in everything else? As you said time will tell
    I like Lavenders which by extension is why i color purple....its NOT depressing. I see purple and my olfactory memory induces the scent of lavender.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I'm just looking for a good reason to stick around. I don't play video games (too old and clumsy). I buy only two comics a month (neither BP). And the MCU seems to have hit a point of diminishing returns.

The only reason I stick around is the friends I've made here, and I think half of them have been banned...
    Man i miss MajestiK and Silverzeal....i never met them here online but i loved reading their responses in the older previous BP forums when i was lurking.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    It's damn sure a dark time for fans of T'Challa. At this point BP only exists for me in back issues and repeated viewings of Panther's Quest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Yeah, other than some random guest appearances in other books, this is pretty much it.
    Same here PLUS another other books where Tchalla shows up or is a regular cast like Avengers and Ultimates and so forth.

Man, the main BP book has been so trash for the last 6 years....its too much.

Spectacular Member

Leaks sounds amazing. We can't wait to see it in a week. Happy they cut that doom trash out. It would not have worked with this deep film. Shuri gets a lot of Respect.
    Last edited by milesvspeter; 11-03-2022 at 02:26 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    If the performances by all the cast and the action are engaging then it will get repeat viewings. (Maybe not as many as the first one but it will get repeats)

Contrary what we here would like to think and believe...those of us interested in the movie (fans and casual non-fans alike) are going for many reasons. Not the least of which are the actors we like: Lupita, Danai, Winston and Angela, etc. ( I didn't go to the first movie just for Chadwick/T'Challa) The new world of Futurist Wakanda was itself a draw in the first movie and that hasn't changed. Then there's the Production.

This is not like comic books where some readers are only reading an ensemble book just for one character and that character only.
    Sadly for haters it will be a hit no matter what. Film does not need to make a billion to be a hit film. She will be the Black panther for a long time to come.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    “Remember when you thought everything would get better for you after you used the gauntlet but instead it got progressively worse? It was me T’Challa. I used dark magic to turn Wakanda against you and make your life a living hell!”
    I think I had a similar idea to this as well, but I used "Mother" as the villain. She Manipulated Shuri with the griot isht. Giving her some of her power. The more she used that griot power the more the barrier that banished her To a different plane (thanks to bashenga) diminished. She is also using her power to put a "fog" over Wakanda, which is what is causing everyone to act so different. And ooc.

T'Challa learns of this but it's too late and she returns and he has to figure out how to seal her away the same way bashenga did. But figures out a more permanent solution

I'm just looking for a good reason to stick around. I don't play video games (too old and clumsy). I buy only two comics a month (neither BP). And the MCU seems to have hit a point of diminishing returns.

The only reason I stick around is the friends I've made here, and I think half of them have been banned...
    Same here. This community is why I stick around. Without you guys I would of given up on BP by the sheer level of Bullisht shackled onto the franchise.

I had already decided to sit this movie out for its theatrical run but after reading these spoilers I ain't even watching it on D+. Aside from not wanting to pay to watch a funeral T'Challa's death was handled with no tact whatsoever.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post

When you're ready to be open minded about Coates. I got u bro. We can discuss certain panels, etc here.

But back to Ridley. Yea I think he really panicked after the no recast stuff and it impacted his T'Challa. He's still not a good comic writer, but still. As Claw said it might have screwed him.
    Coates literally introduced rape on his 2nd issue... Pretty sure he beats Ridley as the shittiest writer by default.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Again, he is very specific, of course he is a critic, BUT he wasn't raving about it like we see others doing. The first movie was a celebration, this one is a funeral. His face says it all
    He was specific Because he is Pro Recast But he literally states it's a good Film . He also Stated Derrick Boseman enjoyed the film. Who knows if this film will have the same RT score as the first film but it won't drop pass 85 percent. Even the folk who have issues with some things in the film they still said it was a Good film .

A lot of you are using the same talking points against this film that the nerdrotic crowd used against the first film interesting.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Nothing will change until someone asks Coogler, Nate Moore or Feige the tough questions. I.e the correct follow up questions that doesnt give them a way out. None of this softball questions that people have been doing.
    They didn't want to Recast because Chadwick to them is the MCU Tchalla it's that simple. Like what more do you want them to say ?

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    You know what could work to fix all the BS that they’ve done to T’Challa?

I’ve long held the believe that in-comic-universe, T’Challa is being punished by some great Multiversal entity/force, for his part in Secret Wars and fixing everything. T’Challa after all, was the one who used the Infinity gauntlet to fix everything. But what if his “snap” wasn’t perfect?

I’m sure by the time the Secret War movie comes out Marvel will do “another” Secret War comic, and use that to reset status quos all across the comic board, but just imagine that this entire time, since T’Challa’s snap, the Wakanda we know and loved got merged with the trashy revised one that Coates reimagined.

Another Snap event that resets the status quo for a ton of Marvel characters could erase a lot of the damage they’ve done In the comics. T’Challa (Ben Reilly, a personal favorite…)

Wishful thinking I know.
    Yes and that force is Marvel.

If they are going to cut off T'Challa from Wakanda, then just let him do his own thing. Have him create his own company, his own team. Give him something that is his, not tied to Wakanda or any other group.

I feel ya. Whenever I start to think that I'm getting too negative, I take a break and come back.

Unfortunately, things haven't gotten any better for T'Challa.