Page 195 of 955 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199205245295695 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,925 of 14314

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Many people who don't like BP referred to him being too smart, he can't beat this character because of reasons, he and Wakanda are perfect and can do no wrong hence they used the term mary sue when describing him. Some of these same people never read much BP and were basing their opinions on what other people were saying in other threads.

As far as Cap, go back and read comments about AvX in the X-forum where you will see fascist tossed around a lot when talking about him.
    I’ll definitely do that. What a world huh?

Does it count that I own the Jungle Action series back in the day. Big Panther fan here.
    “We’ve learned that quiet isn’t always peace and the norms and notions of what just is, isn’t always justice.”

Quote Originally Posted by tliscord View Post
    This is a thing? Black women are replacing black men in literature? I gotta get out more.
    I’m talking about how they feel man. May not be the reality but it’s definitely how people perceive it.
    And that white default button must be around here somewhere.

I got a black friend too. He doesn’t seem to lose too much sleep over the sublimation of his gender. I’ll ask him though. He’s pretty smart. Maybe he really doesn’t like me ‘cause I’m a progressive liberal whitey. ****, but he does still let me buy him a beer after work occasionally.
    Oh you’re just being a passive aggressive little dick, you’re not actually interested in what anyone has to say, never mind dude, carry on.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Honestly I majored in philosophy, became a physician so you’d think I’d know about meta, but I’m wondering if I’m too old to grasp your meaning. Sorry. Was the meta of Boseman his early colorectal cancer? Phenomenally tragic, as is the million souls dead from COVID19, but I’m misunderstanding your use of meta. Overwhelmingly sad? How does the meta of Boseman compare to the meta of a comic book character?
    Meta is just Internet lingo for real life.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

I’ll definitely do that. What a world huh?

Does it count that I own the Jungle Action series back in the day. Big Panther fan here.
    I'd say it counts that you know the history of any character you like.

So place your bets, is the ringleader of the assassins going to be Hunter or an OC? Lol.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Meta is just Internet lingo for real life.
    Well there’s a thing.
    “We’ve learned that quiet isn’t always peace and the norms and notions of what just is, isn’t always justice.”

I'd say it counts that you know the history of any character you like.

I do my best to look up old Black Panther facts and feats. That was one reason I listened to that first podcast about Black Panthers history. I didn’t get a chance to listen to the other installments.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m talking about how they feel man. May not be the reality but it’s definitely how people perceive it.

Oh you’re just being a passive aggressive little dick, you’re not actually interested in what anyone has to say, never mind dude, carry on.
    I got reprimanded for vulgar language like that but we’ll let this one slide, ok? There’s a lot of tripe on this thread that smacks of bias, probably some toxic stuff too, borderline racist. It’s too bad. My sense is that there’s a lot of energy expended here hiding bias that is couched in some ridiculous idea of critical analysis. It feels exhausting.

I only parroted the abysmal response by republicans in congress when asked if they were racist. “I have a friend who’s black” which was such a winner. As always, suggesting “ I know some people” truly is a narrative killer too. That’s all.

Ok everyone. Peace to you all. We should move on. I’ll try and restrain myself in the future otherwise Ravin’ Ray is going to shackle me to the local pillary.

Does anyone else love Billy Graham’s work on BP?

So place your bets, is the ringleader of the assassins going to be Hunter or an OC? Lol.
    Likely Hunter at this point. An oc being the ringleader is too over-the-top by now.

Niffleheim

Hunter is just too obvious so I'm going with an OC. (If those are my only options)

Likely Hunter at this point. An oc being the ringleader is too over-the-top by now.
    The more outlandish and over the top the more likely it will happen.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Hunter definitely makes the most sense because he knows Wakanda from the inside out. But they could always throw a curveball and have it be Achebe.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Hunter definitely makes the most sense because he knows Wakanda from the inside out. But they could always throw a curveball and have it be Achebe.
    I still hope it's S'Yan. He could be T'Challa's Winter Soldier except without the brainwashing regiment. He's been jacking up on synthetic herb 'til it made him slightly insane.

Just like Hunter, everything falls in place for it to be him.

I still hope it's S'Yan. He could be T'Challa's Winter Soldier except without the brainwashing regiment. He's been jacking up on synthetic herb 'til it made him slightly insane.

Just like Hunter, everything falls in place for it to be him.
    It would be a hell of a twist. But wasn’t his body shown during Doomwar?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

It would be a hell of a twist. But wasn’t his body shown during Doomwar?
    It was an exact replicant of S'Yan, placed there by the man himself. Wakanda has LMDs too.