Page 237 of 955 FirstFirst ... 137187227233234235236237238239240241247287337737 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,555 of 14314
    Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

As mentioned by T'Challa, the panther goddess Bast and Hathor shared a connection by guiding souls to the astral plane. Reports suggest that Bast will feature in Thor: Love and Thunder, so the dynamic between Hathor and Bast's relationship could be further explored. Audiences will have to wait and see if more could transpire in Black Panther: Wakanda Forever and the next episodes of Moon Knight.
    https://screenrant.com/moon-knight-b...ngers-villain/

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Ignorant fans is a better descriptor.
    Fans who aren't emotionally invested in the character but more invested in the general idea of representation. Thats who Coats wrote stories for and he himself admitted in an exit interview that one thing he was surprised about was how "emotionally invested ppl were to the main character" As it pertains to the negative reaction to his run by longtime readers (of which this thread and most fan threads consist mainly)

I don't know how you are allowed to write comic books about fictional superheroes without understanding that ppl are emotionally attached and invested in their favorite characters. Ask Deadpool fans how they feel about Deadpool. Spider-Man fans how they feel about Peter Parker, Batman fans how attached they are to Bruce. Its why relatable heros sell and others don't.

Financial investment follows emotional investment and ive yet to see a setting pull off financial success longterm but Feigie and company at Marvel comics seem to believe since Wakanda is black the emotional investment can be applied to the black setting.

We will see because my pocketbook is opposed fully.

And this thread is the last place I would call an echo chamber. It would be pure chaos if everybody had the same pessimistic opinions that I do. I'm of the opinion that Shuri should be completely killed off for the good of the franchise as she adds nothing while taking everything and Okoye should occupy her space. Raise your hands if you agree lol
    Damn Ekie going hard lol. Shuri being eliminated? I wouldn't go that far, but I would send her off to hang with Miles Kamala and the rest of those characters who are closer to her age

Ekie is closer to Killmonger than T'Challa. Reckless and impatient.

I don't like Shuri getting so much love (especially replacing T'Challa in the film medium). However, I don't want her killed either.

Imma just start calling him Ekmonger from here on out.

Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 04-17-2022 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Short sighted fans would have been better than saying "dumb"

Means the same thing, but better motivations.

These Wakandan fans thought they could skip the line and push shuri, ayo, aneka, wakanda as a whole, ect while shitting on the title character and thought it woudl lead to much success.

Ignoring (or just not knowing) that isn't how it works in comics. Popularize the title character and he drags up the supporting cast to relevancy. Maybe. It is insanely hard to turn supporting casts into main characters, which is why it seems to only happen to the MOST POPULAR TWO CHARACTERS IN THE WORLD (spider-man, batman).

How did it all work out? Ayo and Aneka got instant sidelined after the first story (hell, they got sidelined before the finale of the story!). Shuri immediately morphed into her MCU counterpart instead (and still coudln't sell). Storm is back doing X-men stuff and never got her solo. That Galactic empire is an afterthought. They shuddled nuBaku off world as quickly as they could. Wakanda isn't anymore relevant in the greater MU than it was and seems to be in a constant cycle of black dysfunction.

Did y'all win lol? Are you not entertained by this?
    Liking a character is a lot like investing. You put something into it and you want to see a return on your investment. You want to see the biggest stock in your portfolio grow and are pleasantly pleased when lesser stocks do well.

There is an emotional investment in T'Challa and lately there has been no return on said investment.

I'm not understanding why people are surprised when someone not only says that they don't like what's happening but go into detail and explain why they don't like it.

And they are even more stunned when other people agree. Go figure.

Fans who aren't emotionally invested in the character but more invested in the general idea of representation. Thats who Coats wrote stories for and he himself admitted in an exit interview that one thing he was surprised about was how "emotionally invested ppl were to the main character" As it pertains to the negative reaction to his run by longtime readers (of which this thread and most fan threads consist mainly)

I don't know how you are allowed to write comic books about fictional superheroes without understanding that ppl are emotionally attached and invested in their favorite characters. Ask Deadpool fans how they feel about Deadpool. Spider-Man fans how they feel about Peter Parker, Batman fans how attached they are to Bruce. Its why relatable heros sell and others don't.

Financial investment follows emotional investment and ive yet to see a setting pull off financial success longterm but Feigie and company at Marvel comics seem to believe since Wakanda is black the emotional investment can be applied to the black setting.

And this thread is the last place I would call an echo chamber. It would be pure chaos if everybody had the same pessimistic opinions that I do. I'm of the opinion that Shuri should be completely killed off for the good of the franchise as she adds nothing while taking everything and Okoye should occupy her space. Raise your hands if you agree lol
    Back in the day people called us the Crazy Black Brotherhood in this thread. I guess being called an echo chamber is nicer.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Back in the day people called us the Crazy Black Brotherhood in this thread. I guess being called an echo chamber is nicer.
    The black borg lol

CBB/BCB 4 Life…..

Astonishing Member

Liking a character is a lot like investing. You put something into it and you want to see a return on your investment. You want to see the biggest stock in your portfolio grow and are pleasantly pleased when lesser stocks do well.

There is an emotional investment in T'Challa and lately there has been no return on said investment.

I'm not understanding why people are surprised when someone not only says that they don't like what's happening but go into detail and explain why they don't like it.

And they are even more stunned when other people agree. Go figure.
    This is such basic logic I’m only kinda surprised it has to be explained to the folks that pop into this thread pedaling the usual talking points. T’Challa’s whole thing is he’s a king, who would’ve thought there’d be some controversy by removing that aspect of the character lol.

I don’t even think #5 is a bad issue but the complaints about the direction of the comic franchise have been well argued and are perfectly understandable given how the character has normally been depicted. For a lot of fans that emotional payoff isn’t there and there’s nothing wrong with vocalizing that. Rather than crying about an echo chamber that doesn’t exist I’m down to hear readers actually explain why they liked the last few years of BP and why the current direction is great. We’ve had diverse opinions about Ridley’s run and there’s nothing stopping anyone from contributing here anymore than any other thread.

But I’m starting to think that there’s more ppl who criticize anyone who doesn’t like Coates/Gay/etc. than there are actual fans of anything they’ve done. Sales seem to suggest that at least. I don’t like seeing fans call other fans dumb though, we’re better than that. But I do think there’s lots of ppl acting in bad faith across the board when it comes to Black Panther and T’Challa in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Man we barely got T'Challa as it was, no need to jump straight to old man T'Challa. Get some young blood on here

Astonishing Member

Yea this talk about an echo chamber is bizarre. You hate Shuri as a character, I’m pretty sure I like my T’Challa on the lower end of the power spectrum compared to most in this thread, some ppl in here want T’Challa with Storm, others want to see more stories in Wakanda, etc.

The idea that we’re a monolith really only comes from the fact most of us haven’t enjoyed the last few years of BP comics, but even that is to varying degrees. And our thoughts on Marvel’s future for the character are pretty varied. We are one of the most active threads on this site, you don’t get that by agreeing on every single thing.

That said, I’m trying to avoid movie talk because I do think we give it more time than it’s worth at this point lol. But when the comics are so dry it’s easy for us to revert to the same complaints about the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Changamire is back to enlighten us again. Welcome.
    I think I hit a nerve. Echo chamber was just off the cuff, but referring to others as dumb or ignorant because they don’t understand your beloved character seems pretty over the top. So too is the piling on here.
    “We’ve learned that quiet isn’t always peace and the norms and notions of what just is, isn’t always justice.”

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by tliscord View Post
    I think I hit a nerve. Echo chamber was just off the cuff, but referring to others as dumb or ignorant because they don’t understand your beloved character seems pretty over the top. So too is the piling on here.
    You didn’t hit a nerve I just find you entertaining coming in to a thread firing shots and then met with the same energy and now you’re claiming a “pile on” You always set the tone and disappear for awhile then come back again to repeat the same pattern all over again. It isn’t going to change so why should I take it personal?
    Last edited by Tofali; 04-17-2022 at 08:59 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    This is such basic logic I’m only kinda surprised it has to be explained to the folks that pop into this thread pedaling the usual talking points. T’Challa’s whole thing is he’s a king, who would’ve thought there’d be some controversy by removing that aspect of the character lol.

I don’t even think #5 is a bad issue but the complaints about the direction of the comic franchise have been well argued and are perfectly understandable given how the character has normally been depicted. For a lot of fans that emotional payoff isn’t there and there’s nothing wrong with vocalizing that. Rather than crying about an echo chamber that doesn’t exist I’m down to hear readers actually explain why they liked the last few years of BP and why the current direction is great. We’ve had diverse opinions about Ridley’s run and there’s nothing stopping anyone from contributing here anymore than any other thread.

But I’m starting to think that there’s more ppl who criticize anyone who doesn’t like Coates/Gay/etc. than there are actual fans of anything they’ve done. Sales seem to suggest that at least. I don’t like seeing fans call other fans dumb though, we’re better than that. But I do think there’s lots of ppl acting in bad faith across the board when it comes to Black Panther and T’Challa in particular.
    Yeah, this is an open thread so anyone who enjoys any version of BP is more than happy come in and say so.

I don't think Ridley's run is bad, it's just okay. And the whole Wakandan democracy thing should have never happened. Like MOS said, turning Wakandan into a democracy means that you have to make T'Challa look bad so that you can justify the change.

All it's done is cheapen the value of the mantle of Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Man we barely got T'Challa as it was, no need to jump straight to old man T'Challa. Get some young blood on here
    Damson and Y’lan are the right ages to be in it for the long haul.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"