Page 104 of 955 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204604 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 14314

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    If he puts the beat down on Supreme Doom and forces him to run with his iron tail between his legs, that will suffice. For now.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    For anyone expecting cool feats/moments for T'Challa then you'll be disappointed.

spoilers:
    Doom disappears before their fight could really start and he and Thanos blow up Avengers mountain
    end of spoilers
    Well, I got part of it right.

So looking through Hickman's cancelled Storm/Black Panther plans and rumors about the post-Boseman MCU, I'm wondering... should T'Challa have a son? Like, people make the Batman parallels all the time, should he have his own Damian Wayne? Give Wakanda a crown prince and heir to the throne?

As long af there is a round 2. Still pretty lame and maybe should of been saved as the final confrontation

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    So looking through Hickman's cancelled Storm/Black Panther plans and rumors about the post-Boseman MCU, I'm wondering... should T'Challa have a son? Like, people make the Batman parallels all the time, should he have his own Damian Wayne? Give Wakanda a crown prince and heir to the throne?
    No.

We can't even get a solid ongoing of T'Challa himself. Establish him and give him a good writer and let him flourish then start adding more characters. The problem with marvel is they aren just forcing bee characters in, they come into the main book and eat up panel space and shot on T'Challa. That needs to stop first

Should T'Challa have a son?

Lol, okay let's look at it like this:

T'Challa hasn't done enough yet to have a son. What I mean is this, Batman has a long history of great stories and impressive feats. You can take everything that BP has done in comics and probably fit it in one maybe two Batman omnibuses.

BP is already sharing time with Shuri so if you add a kid to the mix, that's just more time and story going to the kid and not to T'Challa. Batman has multiple outlets for his stories. BP has the one solo and just began appearing in Avengers on a regular basis.

All this does is dilute the BP brand and divert time and effort into really building a strong, stable BP brand. Having a son just means that somebody will come along and want to do a "Son/daughter of Black Panther" story instead of a BP story.

He can't take those kinds of hits and pretty soon there will be fewer stories about him.

That's just my take on it.

I’ve low key always wanted T’Challa to have a kid but the way things are right now? Hell no. We just got off a run in which the writers focused more on his pet characters rather than the titular character and while I’ll save judgement on Tosin we’re getting yet another pet character. I’m just gonna parrot what Ezyo said and say that what we need to focus on is giving the main character his due diligence first and THEN we can worry about whether or not he should be a father in 616.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Not yet but he can have a nephew or cousin instead

Sort of.

spoilers:
    "Red Panther' doesn't even throw a punch. Extra-Spicy Doom leaves because "we've wasted enough time on this Earth"
    end of spoilers

Aaron. *smh*

Astonishing Member

What has Tosin done better than T'Challa?
    I deadass thought a new comic came out because I’m wondering the same thing lol.

Ideological diversity in a franchise is great. Not everyone should agree with T’Challa and they definitely shouldn’t purely exist just to say how great he is. That would be boring and pretty much something we’ve never seen before. Even the best BP runs show side characters making good points and disagreeing w/ the lead. What we do need to see less of is pet characters that exist as self-inserts and talking heads.

Nothing wrong with interrogating the ways T’Challa may not be the hero Marvel says he is. But, deconstruction without any payoff is boring and criticizing a character or concept without any self-reflection is bad. If Tosin’s gonna be a T’Challa detractor I hope that HIS beliefs will be confronted as well and that he, like the audience, will see that T’Challa has a lot of redeeming qualities. In a post awhile back someone said that telling stories with characters who don’t agree with the lead can get you great characters like Damian Wayne.

You don’t get a Damian Wayne w/o all the times he got his ass handed to him after his ways failed, all the times Batman stood his ground when the kid went too far, or when he had breakthrough moments with the Bat-Fam where they reached a place of respect and understanding.

A dialogue between T’Challa and Tosin about ways they can improve Wakanda and find a better understanding of vibranium can be compelling. Based off what we’ve seen so far I think Ridley will approach the whole thing by respecting what both characters want and represent.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Sort of.

spoilers:
    "Red Panther' doesn't even throw a punch. Extra-Spicy Doom leaves because "we've wasted enough time on this Earth"
    end of spoilers

Aaron. *smh*

spoilers:

I saw him throw two punches.

end of spoilers

So I’m confused by the comment.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I deadass thought a new comic came out because I’m wondering the same thing lol.

Ideological diversity in a franchise is great. Not everyone should agree with T’Challa and they definitely shouldn’t purely exist just to say how great he is. That would be boring and pretty much something we’ve never seen before. Even the best BP runs show side characters making good points and disagreeing w/ the lead. What we do need to see less of is pet characters that exist as self-inserts and talking heads.

Nothing wrong with interrogating the ways T’Challa may not be the hero Marvel says he is. But, deconstruction without any payoff is boring and criticizing a character or concept without any self-reflection is bad. If Tosin’s gonna be a T’Challa detractor I hope that HIS beliefs will be confronted as well and that he, like the audience, will see that T’Challa has a lot of redeeming qualities. In a post awhile back someone said that telling stories with characters who don’t agree with the lead can get you great characters like Damian Wayne.

You don’t get a Damian Wayne w/o all the times he got his ass handed to him after his ways failed, all the times Batman stood his ground when the kid went too far, or when he had breakthrough moments with the Bat-Fam where they reached a place of respect and understanding.

A dialogue between T’Challa and Tosin about ways they can improve Wakanda and find a better understanding of vibranium can be compelling. Based off what we’ve seen so far I think Ridley will approach the whole thing by respecting what both characters want and represent.
    This exactly, I hope Ridley sees it this way.

Coates however is the perfect example of how badly it can go. Not only did his self inserts contradict themselves and things were straight up ignored, but he then shot himself on the foot with them by having them lose ANY redeeming qualities by siding with known terrorist. How does Coates try and rectify it? By portraying the Royal family in an even WORSE light to justify the MAs actions, then in the end he just throws the blame at T'Challa and he has his just accept it.

By the end of the first story EVERYONE looked like isht

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    This exactly, I hope Ridley sees it this way.

Coates however is the perfect example of how badly it can go. Not only did his self inserts contradict themselves and things were straight up ignored, but he then shot himself on the foot with them by having them lose ANY redeeming qualities by siding with known terrorist. How does Coates try and rectify it? By portraying the Royal family in an even WORSE light to justify the MAs actions, then in the end he just throws the blame at T'Challa and he has his just accept it.

By the end of the first story EVERYONE looked like isht
    But there may be hope that Ridley handles this better given how T’Challa defends himself against his detractors instead going “woe as me I never wanted to be king”.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member

Should T'Challa have a son?

Lol, okay let's look at it like this:

T'Challa hasn't done enough yet to have a son. What I mean is this, Batman has a long history of great stories and impressive feats. You can take everything that BP has done in comics and probably fit it in one maybe two Batman omnibuses.

BP is already sharing time with Shuri so if you add a kid to the mix, that's just more time and story going to the kid and not to T'Challa. Batman has multiple outlets for his stories. BP has the one solo and just began appearing in Avengers on a regular basis.

All this does is dilute the BP brand and divert time and effort into really building a strong, stable BP brand. Having a son just means that somebody will come along and want to do a "Son/daughter of Black Panther" story instead of a BP story.

He can't take those kinds of hits and pretty soon there will be fewer stories about him.

That's just my take on it.
    I could see Marvel trying to take T’Challa in a similar direction to where DC is taking Aquaman. Position him as an elder statesman/part-time hero. The difference is I think DC’s handling Arthur rather well through his transition, where I think Marvel would completely mess up another BP mantle shift.

DC has let Arthur get married, have a kid, and reconnect with supporting characters that had fallen to the wayside all while keeping his traditional character traits and telling compelling stories that center his life. At the same time they’ve introduced a solid co-Aquaman, done some heavy worldbuilding, and uplifted the overall World of Atlantis. There’s a clear level of respect and strategy that’s gone into DC’s new approach to the Aquaman corner of their universe and I don’t think BP has the editors/writers on board to replicate that storytelling. The fact Marvel was gonna make the man a single father with a mutant as his baby mama tells you Marvel’s not thinking of BP in terms of stability or creating an actual legacy.

I say hell yeah! Forget all the direct and indirect smoke T'Challa will get with references to Damien. If there is some kind of sick, low key movement to step beyond T'Challa, then yes give him a son and let him inherit the throne proper.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post

That's actually a reasonable and valid assessment. Also hoping that's where Ridley goes with this.
    The spider is always on the hunt.