Page 107 of 955 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157207607 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 14314
    Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Bast is rumored to be in Thor Love and Thunder. That should be interesting..

Surely they wouldnt have Gor the God butcher kill off such an important character....
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 02-10-2022 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post

Surely they wouldnt have Gor the God butcher kill off such an important character....
    They’re about to kill the first Black superhero. Why not?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Really what stood out to me right away in Tosins monologue was how hypocritical him and the mute zone were being. They are acting just like isolationist Wakanda pre T'Challa, except for the difference is that they are enjoying their peace BECAUSE of Wakanda, not despite them. I feel Ridley is smart enough to see that. I feel he won't be like Coates and get so gungho about his pet characters that he will torch everything while using Olympic gold medalist gymnastics to justify why his pet characters are right and T'Challa is wrong. He HAS to see it. It was glaringly obvious to me
    Same here. Tosin realizing he’s wrong about T’Challa and coming to a mutual understanding with him seems the like natural way for things to conclude.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I’m just saying, kinda feels a bit disingenuous to do a podcast about the legacy and importance of the character when you’re about to most likely kill him in his own damn sequel.
    When and where is this podcast?

Incredible Member

So is BAST in Wakandan lore Egyptian or Orisha?
    Last edited by Dariel81; 02-10-2022 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Really what stood out to me right away in Tosins monologue was how hypocritical him and the mute zone were being. They are acting just like isolationist Wakanda pre T'Challa, except for the difference is that they are enjoying their peace BECAUSE of Wakanda, not despite them. I feel Ridley is smart enough to see that. I feel he won't be like Coates and get so gungho about his pet characters that he will torch everything while using Olympic gold medalist gymnastics to justify why his pet characters are right and T'Challa is wrong. He HAS to see it. It was glaringly obvious to me
    Yeah, I think that should come as a realization to Tosin. The fact that other Wakandans shed blood so that his tribe could live in peace and develop their own beliefs, especially considering that they did nothing to help defend Wakanda, should give him something hard to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post

Nope. They'll have Bast opening the front door for Gorr, lick him on the top of his head and welcome him in.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Nope. They'll have Bast opening the front door for Gorr, lick him on the top of his head and welcome him in.
    Lol, right! Ala Doom. Boseman died before they could job T'Challa properly, so now they might be bringing in his God to job instead..??? That sounds about right. What a better way to give black heroes agency on screen. Hey happy black history

Nah they're not gonna job a female character. They'll do something adjacent, probably: Bast will be there to say X character is cool or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Yes.

(Depends on the writer, really. Thanks, Ta-nehisi!)

Astonishing Member

Both. Orisha is just a name for Wakandan god in the MU apparently. We see deities from South Africa and Nigeria represented so I think moving forward all Wakandan gods, regardless of real life origin, are gonna be Orisha.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Lol, right! Ala Doom. Boseman died before they could job T'Challa properly, so now they might be bringing in his God to job instead..??? That sounds about right. What a better way to give black heroes agency on screen. Hey happy black history
    Bast is like that family member you can't count on to do isht right.

Family reunion? Food looks great but Mookie forgot to bring the paper plates and cups.
    Grampa birthday? Party was great till Jimbo started cussing and raisin' hell playin' Spades.
    Babygirl graduation from kindergarten? Everything was awesome until Knotty and his boys start giving shout outs and crackin' on peoples kid's. "Lookadat boy wit' dat big ol' head!"
    Daughters' wedding? Everything was going good and then 59 year old Uncle Bubba shows up in a purple, green and gold pimp suit with diamonds in his grill singing "Return of the Mac!"
    Last edited by Marvell2100; 02-10-2022 at 04:45 PM.

Niffleheim

Isn't there a story on Bast leaving the Egyptian Pantheon to Wakanda?
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Isn't there a story on Bast leaving the Egyptian Pantheon to Wakanda?
    If there was it got retcon. The Coates version is that she and the other Wakandan gods were humans elevated to gods by prayer to help fight the originators

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    If there was it got retcon. The Coates version is that she and the other Wakandan gods were humans elevated to gods by prayer to help fight the originators
    All so Storm could be elevated to her to godhood thanks to T'Challa and Wakanda prayers instead of T'Challa getting the W