Page 13 of 955 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113513 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    It’d be wild if T’Challa and NuNakia had a child and left them in deep space lol. T’Challa’s memories of that whole period being so wonky means a future writer could easily make that reveal if they wanted.

I’ll be interested to see how Ridley approaches the Intergalactic Empire, if the final page of the first issue is any indication, he doesn’t seem all that interested in doing anything substantial in deep space. T’Challa is staying within the solar system for the foreseeable future but I find it hard to believe we won’t eventually return to Empire down the road. M’Baku is probably based there as of the Last Annihilation one shot and there’s still the question of where those rock monsters from the first issue came from.
    The last feat I want right now is T'Challa to be a daddy.

Something will happen like A) The child gets sent to the future, B) The child gets artificially aged to adulthood or C) It was never his kid to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    True he was somewhat sympathetic with his daddy issues but that pales in comparison to fighting for the rights of all dis-valued minority asgardians everywhere and he wasn't given the compelling flashbacks or memorable lines ("bury me in the ocean") to rival Thor's depiction/placement. I've never heard someone try to make the claim that Loki is a hero
    See: The Loki series on Disney+.

Even in the current Thor comic, Loki isn't a villain.
    Last edited by Marvell2100; 01-04-2022 at 02:45 PM.

The editor of “Tales From Wakanda” lays it out beautifully on recast T’Challa and the anchor even says it’s probably what Chadwick would’ve wanted.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

I don't know why more artists wouldn't want to draw BP. His design is simple but so much can be done with it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Eh, it made him a great villain.

Still a villain though lol.

They made Loki "sympathetic" and he is just as much of a psychopath as Killmonger. Makes for a good villain though.
    Yeah, that has been page one of the memorable villain playbook since the Fox X-Men movies.

The First Class movies are basically what you get when you REALLY want to make your villains the heroes but you can't say so outright.

At least the change to Erik's backstory makes the character actually make SOME sense.

It's still "I somehow hate this dude for what his pops did to my pops when we were both five". But with Erik being a royal heir, at least NOW the audience gets (or you would hope so, lol) that Erik is/was full of it all along and just wants the throne he thinks he was screwed out of.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

The director chose to make him extremely sympathetic. Didn't have to do that but he chose to do it because he was looking out for his boy like any of us would our friend. We didn't need the long killmonger death scene. We didn't need his flashback with his father, didn't need killmonger to be the one to kill Klaue. The scenes were good but it clearly confused the audience as well as the actor himself on whether or not he was a villain and it came at the expense and time of the titular character who needed those types of moments himself in an introductory movie.

T'challa is capable of being written as a bold and exciting character, the director was just unable to identify with him because the character really isn't his cup of tea. It's hard to write a character as compelling when you don't really understand what makes them so and can't identify with them. Marvel thinks every black man can identify with every black character but that's not the case. Coats couldn't identify with t'challa and had a severe misunderstanding about who the character was, his mindset, and his importance. Same happened here.

If the director of Ironman2 set out to make Mickey Rourke super sympathetic and super relatable to the point where half the audience is cheering for him over Iron Man then I'm sure they could have done so. Most choose some type of ambiguity without reaching the line of confusion as to who the hero is. Black panther fans know who it is and can fill in the blanks but these casuals are clearly confused.

Worked out well for Oakland native killmonger though
    Got damn this movie hurt you.

Killmonger had TWENTY TWO MINS of screen time. Marvel villains were viewed as mostly shit up until then.

I'd argue we needed one or two more extended scenes of T'Challa and Killmonger just conversating. As great of a character he was in the movie HE WAS NOT THANOS. The movie didnt revolve around him. Its why he's not as quotable.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post

Killmonger had TWENTY TWO MINS of screen time. Marvel villains were viewed as mostly shit up until then.

I'd argue we needed one or two more extended scenes of T'Challa and Killmonger just conversating. As great of a character he was in the movie HE WAS NOT THANOS. The movie didnt revolve around him. Its why he's not as quotable.
    Speaking of Marvel (or MCU) villains who were mostly s***, about the only one I thought could somewhat compete with Killmonger in terms of (semi-)justified and valid grievances until the Black Panther movie was Zemo in Captain America: Civil War (where MCU Black Panther made his debut as well). There aren't many people who wouldn't be pissed off at the heroes whose recklessness and arrogance resulted in the creation of a murderous synthetic lifeform that laid waste to their country and had their families and/or loved ones among innumerable innocent casualties, and then couldn't be bothered to stick around to at least clean up their own mess. Granted, bombing the UN and killing even more innocent people --- T'Chaka among them --- just to set the Avengers against each other was far from the best or most morally sound way to settle that particular grievance, but as a man grieving for his dead loved ones and wanting some form of recompense for how they died in the first place, it was bare minimum understandable.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Speaking of Marvel (or MCU) villains who were mostly s***, about the only one I thought could somewhat compete with Killmonger in terms of (semi-)justified and valid grievances until the Black Panther movie was Zemo in Captain America: Civil War (where MCU Black Panther made his debut as well). There aren't many people who wouldn't be pissed off at the heroes whose recklessness and arrogance resulted in the creation of a murderous synthetic lifeform that laid waste to their country and had their families and/or loved ones among innumerable innocent casualties, and then couldn't be bothered to stick around to at least clean up their own mess. Granted, bombing the UN and killing even more innocent people --- T'Chaka among them --- just to set the Avengers against each other was far from the best or most morally sound way to settle that particular grievance, but as a man grieving for his dead loved ones and wanting some form of recompense for how they died in the first place, it was bare minimum understandable.
    Yeah, a lot of villains have a point/goal you can understand or sympathize with in some way.. It's just how they go about trying to accomplish those goals and motives that make them villains.

Doom wants to make the world a better place. As long as he's the one ruling it and he'll kill/use/crush anyone to do it.

Magneto wants to make the world safer for mutants. And he'll kill any human and/or mutant to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Well... Anyone thinking that was what Erik was saying, and not Nakia, have some serious blinders on.

He wasn't saying that at all, everything out of his mouth was how Wakanda should of been running the world. How they were going to be on top and the sun won't set on the Wakandan empire agree though that T'Challa needed more development as well as the motivation to Open Wakanda instead of Nakia
    But Michael B Jordan thinks that. He's out there doing interviews about how he wasn't truly a villain he "just had a different way of going about it than T'Challa" and hiw Killmonger loves his ppl just as much as T'Challa.

Same character that shot a chick, choked a chick, killed an elder, then slit a chicks throat lol
    Last edited by Ekie; 01-04-2022 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    The last feat I want right now is T'Challa to be a daddy.

Something will happen like A) The child gets sent to the future, B) The child gets artificially aged to adulthood or C) It was never his kid to begin with.
    I'd love an alternate universe story that showcases him as a loving father

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    See: The Loki series on Disney+.

Even in the current Thor comic, Loki isn't a villain.
    I haven't watched a Marvel property since they announced they wouldn't recast so I don't know what's going on right now

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post

"Is this your king"
    "Bury me in the ocean..."

I can assure you I'm not hurt about a black panther Solo movie Becoming the most popular concept in Marvel Cinema.
    Hurt would be levying personal attacks because someone's opinion didn't line up with my own perfectly
    I'm merely posting what some reviews said and according to Forbes one was much more quotable than the other
    Last edited by Ekie; 01-04-2022 at 05:03 PM.

I'd love an alternate universe story that showcases him as a loving father
    Alternate Reality? Yes, that would work. I said in the last thread that all of the minis they've done about T'Challa have always been past stories, re-telling origins.

They haven't done any future minis with BP.

I haven't watched a Marvel property since they announced they wouldn't recast so I don't know what's going on right now
    Basically Loki becomes a hero. They even show different incarnations including a crocodile Loki called Croki. He's adorable.