Page 135 of 955 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145185235635 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 14314

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    "Depressing" I was thinking of a word to describe how I feel about the run so far and that it. We haven’t even got to wakanda turning on him again, clashing with captain America and potentially getting booted off the avengers yet.
    <sarcasm>But hey! Give him another 3/6/12 issues, and I'm SURE it will be worth it!</sarcasm>

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

hmm..

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    hmm..

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

To be fair...there are multiple and different story-lines all playing out across the Krakoan Chessboard at this moment, involving the majority of key X-Men players, with each writer selecting their own preferred cast, to tell their specific stories. So it's not that they all have carte-blanche to use whomever, whenever, however.

Thankfully, Ewing likes and wants to use Storm specifically in greater regard in XM:R.

Personally, I've been very apathetic towards the T'Choro relationship since post annulment.
    At this point it seems pointless from the perspective that it's not driving either character's direction or playing a significant part of their arcs. Use it, ignore it...it's all one and the same, to me, at this point. Just don't derail an ongoing plot thread just for some cheap soap opera drama.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 02-25-2022 at 11:46 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

hmm..
    Zero interest.

hmm..
    Well at least she’s not in a Panther suit.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    For some reason, a lot of modern comic writers LOVE the "slow burn" approach to a relaunch. It's overused. Even this past week, with the Ghost Rider relaunch, we see "Look! Blaze is in a Potempkin village delusion! Isn't that MYSTERIOUS?"

Ni, it's tedious. For me, anyway. I like books that hit the ground running, not ones that tease an eventual payoff that is almost never worth it.

I guess "Revisiting his relationship with Storm" has replaced "Battling Killmonger" in the list of default BP plots.

Even if this DOES break them up for good, I'm still irked. Consider this.

Storm:
    1. Defended the actions of the Phoenix Five when they trashed Wakanda.
    2. Stole a Wakandan relic because she was in a hurry.
    3. Started dating Wolverine before the ink on the annulment was dry.

But hey, all was forgiven.

T'Challa:
    1. Placed a spy among the X-Men.

And THAT is what finally breaks them apart? It has to be T'CHALLA's fault?
    Honestly, unless it's done like Hickmans initial start of New Avengers, I don't care for it. And even then Hickman at the start hit the ground running with it and got straight to business slow burns only work if you have a coherent story and one that ACTUALLY moves the plot. I think comic writer's too often want to treat monthlys as if they are Japanese mangas. A manga CAN be slower because it's on a weekly rotation and has the time to slow down the plot and focusing specific themes in the story. Monthlys can't do that. Hell even monthly Manga will pack their issues BIGGER than what we get with comics and actually have things happen and "Resolve" or move the plot on some shape at the end.

Again, slow burns should come ATLEAST after the first arc which hits the ground running. Ideally they would be the final arc to kinda tie everything together and end on a high note.

For your Storm assessment... I agree. I HATE that they revisted it. I really REALLY wish Hickman didn't have T'Challa hook up with Storm on TRO, it was STUPID. and opened the door for writers to keep drudging that isht up. We JUST know appear to have T'Challa and Namor on somewhat speaking terms after what he did but Storm got a complete pass on ALL her isn't a f god power upgrades... I just want BP free of her and to move on with his mythos, hopefully bigger better things

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    <sarcasm>But hey! Give him another 3/6/12 issues, and I'm SURE it will be worth it!</sarcasm>
    Are people really saying that though? I think it's less "give it time" and more "let's see the actual issue". I do agree that things should've ideally picked up pace by now. And that this direction isn't as fresh and exciting as Marvel seems to think.

It's definitely better than the previous volume but not quite hitting the mark. The book has been serviceable enough though and that's all I wanted so I'm just rolling with the story for now.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Are people really saying that though? I think it's less "give it time" and more "let's see the actual issue". I do agree that things should've ideally picked up pace by now. And that this direction isn't as fresh and exciting as Marvel seems to think.

It's definitely better than the previous volume but not quite hitting the mark. The book has been serviceable enough though and that's all I wanted so I'm just rolling with the story for now.
    I think that's the worst part about it. It's "serviceable" at the moment. I don't want serviceable. RJ ignited a FIRE in people with his SINGLE issue of KiB and prior to that in BOQ. He was able to instill hype that has been unseen in Coates ers since his intial launch. I don't wanted serviceable. I want high quality GOOD ISHT. Why is it that as BP fans, we have to settle? I want the same feeling i had for BP while Panther quest was going on. Which was complete excitement and joy for what was coming next. Not dread or indifference

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Honestly, unless it's done like Hickmans initial start of New Avengers, I don't care for it. And even then Hickman at the start hit the ground running with it and got straight to business slow burns only work if you have a coherent story and one that ACTUALLY moves the plot. I think comic writer's too often want to treat monthlys as if they are Japanese mangas. A manga CAN be slower because it's on a weekly rotation and has the time to slow down the plot and focusing specific themes in the story. Monthlys can't do that. Hell even monthly Manga will pack their issues BIGGER than what we get with comics and actually have things happen and "Resolve" or move the plot on some shape at the end.

Again, slow burns should come ATLEAST after the first arc which hits the ground running. Ideally they would be the final arc to kinda tie everything together and end on a high note.

For your Storm assessment... I agree. I HATE that they revisted it. I really REALLY wish Hickman didn't have T'Challa hook up with Storm on TRO, it was STUPID. and opened the door for writers to keep drudging that isht up. We JUST know appear to have T'Challa and Namor on somewhat speaking terms after what he did but Storm got a complete pass on ALL her isn't a f god power upgrades... I just want BP free of her and to move on with his mythos, hopefully bigger better things
    There are very few reasons that a single arc should be more than 5 issues. Most stories could probably be shortened to 3. Decompression is one of the number one things killing comics today and why most Big 2 comics are shit.

It's not good writing that it's 3 issues in and we still know 0 info about these assassins. What should've happened by now is Ridley should've dropped a couple hints these 1st 3 issues to build a compelling mystery while playing up T'Challa's relationship with these spies, setting things up for a big reveal by issue 4. They wasted time time with the Storm thing that could've been used to flesh out T'Challa's past with Omolola and Gentle, who are more relevant to this arc. And I think it was a missed opportunity to not have Shuri give some basic insight into who T'Challa's up against.

It's gonna be really hard for a 6-8 issue introductory arc with this much fluff and such an awkwardly developed mystery to nail the big villain reveal. It could turn it from a "serviceable" story to a bad one.

https://www.ign.com/articles/avenger...-is-the-future

And this is why I want a Black Panther video game to be made. That medium would be an excellent way to keep T’Challa relevant in light of the MCU problem. Oh and speaking of video games, that fortnight comic is most likely alluding to Shuris outfit being added to the game (probably around BP2’s release), which adds on to how some of y’all said that Shuri is mostly marketed as herself rather than the Black Panther.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Well at least she’s not in a Panther suit.
    For now

Not in so many words... but how many people here said "I'm going to wait for the big anniversary issue, that should be the payoff"? And how many of those are giving Ridley yet another issue?

Even this past week... we have people theorizing from the preview that the scene with Storm will lead to some grand resolution. I'm going to make a prediction... those characters do not appear in the book after these pages. That plotline will be left unresolved, as we need more panel time showing T'Challa being led around by the nose.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    https://www.ign.com/articles/avenger...-is-the-future

And this is why I want a Black Panther video game to be made. That medium would be an excellent way to keep T’Challa relevant in light of the MCU problem. Oh and speaking of video games, that fortnight comic is most likely alluding to Shuris outfit being added to the game (probably around BP2’s release), which adds on to how some of y’all said that Shuri is mostly marketed as herself rather than the Black Panther.
    Yea, I'd expect to see more of Shuri through 2022-2023, when BP2 buzz will be at it's peak. I suspect that when the other mediums start realizing M'Baku is also playing a lead role that he'll get pushed as well. The BP supporting cast is gonna get a big push, but unlike the movies, the other mediums are probably gonna keep T'Challa around so they can all thrive without sidelining anyone.

Yea, I'd expect to see more of Shuri through 2022-2023, when BP2 buzz will be at it's peak. I suspect that when the other mediums start realizing M'Baku is also playing a lead role that he'll get pushed as well. The BP supporting cast is gonna get a big push, but unlike the movies, the other mediums are probably gonna keep T'Challa around so they can all thrive without sidelining anyone.
    Since NuBaku is heading the IGEW for now we should see more of him in cosmic stories in other titles.