Page 140 of 955 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144150190240640 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 14314

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    It’s a good question. I would think it’s all dead people. But then he’s defined as Basts champion. So maybe he only commands the dead that worship Bast......?
    Like I said, it's confusing and since it's not really defined writers can use it how they see fit. But it creates problems as far as storytelling.

For instance, if he controls all dead people, why not make the dead assassins from issue #2 tell him who they were working for.

If it was just dead Wakandans, then was the Deathlok in Avengers Mountain a Wakandan?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Like I said, it's confusing and since it's not really defined writers can use it how they see fit. But it creates problems as far as storytelling.

For instance, if he controls all dead people, why not make the dead assassins from issue #2 tell him who they were working for.

If it was just dead Wakandans, then was the Deathlok in Avengers Mountain a Wakandan?

It is confusing. And like you said, the vagueness of it gives writers flexibility. It’ll probably pop up somewhere down the line years from now to get TChalla out of a tight situation.

It is confusing. And like you said, the vagueness of it gives writers flexibility. It’ll probably pop up somewhere down the line years from now to get TChalla out of a tight situation.

The Gods of Ancient Egypt -- Seker

Sokar (Seker)
    Other Names: Socharis, Seker Patron of: the Memphis necropolis and the funerary cult.

Appearance: a man with the head of a hawk

Description: Sokar (Seker) was the primary god of the Memphite funeral cult and its nearby burial grounds and tomb sites. He was seen as a manifestation of the resurrected Osiris, and in later dynasties he was combined with Ptah and Osiris into one deity, Ptah-Sokar-Osiris (see below). He is most often found depicted on royal tomb walls.

Though he was a death god, Sokar was also the patron of the living, mainly the workers who built the necropolis and the craftsmen who made tomb artifacts. He was also the patron of those who made ritual objects and substances used in mummification.

His dedicated festival was the Henu Festival, and was held every year in Thebes. The festival celebrated Osiris' resurrection as Sokar. It involved a huge procession with the image of Sokar being carried in a gilded boat.

Worship: Worshipped widely throughout Upper Egypt, his cult centers were Memphis and Thebes

Variants:

Ptah-Seker-Osiris
    A composite funerary god worshipped during the Middle Kingdom period. In this form he represents the three aspects of the universe: creation, stability, and death.
    I was wondering, can T'Challa command spirits (very useful for spying)? Zombies? The wisdom of (random Wakandan king 1,000 years ago) to solve a puzzle?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I was wondering, can T'Challa command spirits (very useful for spying)? Zombies? The wisdom of (random Wakandan king 1,000 years ago) to solve a puzzle?
    We have seen him talk to spirits, but I don’t think he can command them.

Why technically?
    They haven’t been used effectively, but they’re still there. It’s kind of like saying he technically has heightened senses. He doesn’t use them much but they’re still there. But the fact is, he has heightened senses.
    Technically meaning he is still "King of the Dead" but we still don't really know what that means, he still never uses it in a way that makes any real sense, and if he never "used it" again, only people in this thread would have idea what. I bet normal people didn't even catch that line in the Avengers book TBH.

T'challa actually used heightened senses during second year of Coates run when they were looking for QDJ. But also, heightened senses is defined and has been shown clearly. We know what it is.

KotD was just a title so HIckman could have T'challa seem "important" next to King Namor, King Black Bolt, the Sorcerer Supreme, The smartest person in the World, (and beast LOL)

That was confusing though. Is T'Challa king of all dead people or just Wakandans.
    He is king of Vague Comments to show the writer knows he is "King of the Dead" but really has no idea WTF it really means lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

We need an event to lay claim for the rightful ruler of the dead.

Working Title(s): War of the Dead. Crisis in the Underworld. Zombies For Hire.

These are our contestants:

T'Challa
    Mistress Death
    Hela
    Dracula -dead, undead it doesn't matter to him.
    Hades
    Khonshu
    From the WWE -Paul Bearer
    Any other ruler of dead people that I forgot to mention.

The winner of this contest gets to lay claim to the title "Head of the Dead"

I dont know poo about egyption mythology but does Bast even deal with dead people? Is there some other "underworld" egyption god? I thought that was Anubis for some reason but I could be wrong.

Basically... does Bast even have the "godly authority" to grant such a title and powers to BP?

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I dont know poo about egyption mythology but does Bast even deal with dead people? Is there some other "underworld" egyption god? I thought that was Anubis for some reason but I could be wrong.

Basically... does Bast even have the "godly authority" to grant such a title and powers to BP?

You’re right it is Anubis who’s the god of the dead. I think he also helps judge the souls of the dead. And I always wondered if Bast was as powerful as some of the most powerful gods. I tried to look it up, but came away with the idea that Bast was one of the lower tier gods, but I could be wrong.

Anubis is the one everyone knows, Osiris is the god of the underworld. @Marvell2100, wouldn't you have to throw Thanos in there, since both of his exes are involved? Though he and Mistress Death were more on and off, emphasis on the off.
    Last edited by Overhazard; 02-28-2022 at 07:50 AM.

Like you said, if the story calls for it then Bast can do it. I mean she let Doom run free in Wakanda after all.

I think we need a job description for Bast too. I mean, what does she really do besides being annoying?

You’re right it is Anubis who’s the god of the dead. I think he also helps judge the souls of the dead. And I always wondered if Bast was as powerful as some of the most powerful gods. I tried to look it up, but came away with the idea that Bast was one of the lower tier gods, but I could be wrong.
    The way she's been doing her job lately she needs another demotion.

The way she's been doing her job lately she needs another demotion.
    Lol. She’s kinda hot though for a giant cat. People have come up with some cool depictions of her. But she does need a job.

Lol. She’s kinda hot though for a giant cat. People have come up with some cool depictions of her. But she does need a job.
    So you're saying that she's been getting by on looks, eh?

She needs to buff up that resume' and put in some work.

So you're saying that she's been getting by on looks, eh?

She needs to buff up that resume' and put in some work.
    So much possible fun with the various gods. And we get Bast who is just a useless prick and Coates who made it as boring as possible.

I want a 6 issue mini where T'challa goes and shops for a new Cat god of Wakanda.

He just brings Thor with him so if Bast gets pissy, Thor can put her in her place.

Hell, you know what, what is that Tiger God up to? It seems WAY more useful and stronger compared to Bast. Can we switch it up?
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 02-28-2022 at 08:22 AM.

So much possible fun with the various gods. And we get Bast who is just a useless prick and Coates who made it as boring as possible.

I want a 6 issue mini where T'challa goes and shops for a new Cat god of Wakanda.

He just brings Thor with him so if Bast gets pissy, Thor can put her in her place.

Hell, you know what, what is that Tiger God up to? It seems WAY more useful and stronger compared to Bast. Can we switch it up?
    It's like the more we learn/know about Bast the less impressive she becomes. She needs to be relevant or like you said find someone else.

Maybe the Panther from Aarons' Ancient Avengers can become the new god. He's not doing much of anything and it could give him some relevance to Wakandan lore other than being another "cool idea" that doesn't end up meaning squat.