Page 157 of 955 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167207257657 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 14314
    Niffleheim

MoS lately most every love interest has been given super powers. Might as well just revamp Zanda and change the name of her Kingdom to something else than what they gave her.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Oh he's not polished enough to be T'Challa. Although tbf this is the only thing I've seen him in.

However, its more to point out that black actors want powerful roles. T'Challa could be the biggest black role to get in some time. Based on the success of the film, the legendary status of Boseman and the greatness of the character itself.

Marvel needs to realize the goldmine they are sitting on. Its not the mantle.
    This here, this is the problem we have to break. People just let Marvel and others come out and say stupid isht like No one can replace Chad, he IS T'Challa and no one can play the role like he did. Abd people not only accepted it, but then started attacking those who were going "Uhhh. Did none of y'all pay attention to anything Chad said in his life? Because what y'all are doing going DIRECTLY against what he fought for."

His brother called it out too, and reinforced that again in the recent months that Chad would want the role Recast. The more time that goes by, the stronger the movement becomes, the less weight they have to keep tchalla gone, and the more people should be coming out to throw in interest in Black the biggest Black IP of all time

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Monica doesn't need powers at all. Or skills. The BP franchise has enough "warriors" that fit that description. She isn't going to outfight Okoye (or any DM or MA), she isn't going to outsmart or out magic Shuri... there is no lane for her there.

Let Monica be the outsider "normal" person she is supposed to be. Just make her world famous like you said.

Hell, she would be easy to bring back to the fold too. She gets her "break," becomes world famous, people start digging into the past like they do, find out about the relationship with Tchalla, villain dude decides that is an easy way to draw T'challa out, T'challa to the rescue, rekindled love, easy peasy.

Turning Monica into a "super hero" just gives writers another character to write and take up panel space instead of the main hero... again lol
    Yea I don’t see the appeal of turning Monica into a hero, it probably makes more sense to repurpose Zanda, who’s already been established as a warrior/adventurer in her own right. If you absolutely need T’Challa to be part of a “power couple” she makes more sense, or someone like Nightshade. Monica’s whole appeal is that she’s a Princess Diana kind of woman, she brings relatability to the Royal Family in a way no other BP love interest ever did. You take a lot of that away by turning her into a superhero and giving her the same boring “warrior” mentality most of T’Challa’s supporting characters have.

Though I guess there is a hybrid approach where Monica gets low level powers and still remains focused on her music career and philanthropy. That way both the people who feel love interests need powers and those who want a more low key and cerebral romance get what they want.
    Last edited by chief12d; 03-08-2022 at 07:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    MoS lately most every love interest has been given super powers. Might as well just revamp Zanda and change the name of her Kingdom to something else than what they gave her.
    And that is boring and just shows lack of imagination from the writers.

If they only two things they can think of to do with a LI is "be rescued" and "sidekick that punches people" then just don't write a love interest in lol. Just a waste of panel space.

And T'challa already has multiple "sidekicks that punch people." Okoye, Akili, Shuri, nuBaku, and Omo currently. Zuri, other DM's, current MA's, QDJ, Vibraxas, the Chick with Light powers, ect in the past. Why throw another on in there? What purpose does adding ANOTHER one bring to T'challa exactly? What story elements does that add?

If it doesn't add to TCHALLA's story, it shouldn't exist.

What current "power couples" even exist right now (not flings)? I am way behind on pretty much everything not BP or Avengers. Xmen orgies don't count lol. From memory, most "power couples" are two characters that basically have no supporting cast so they are using the LI as part of that. BP doesn't have that problem, he has the opposite problem... too many mediocre supporting member who detract instead of add anything.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Yea I don’t see the appeal of turning Monica into a hero, it probably makes more sense to repurpose Zanda, who’s already been established as a warrior/adventurer in her own right. If you absolutely need T’Challa to be part of a “power couple” she makes more sense, or someone like Nightshade. Monica’s whole appeal is that she’s a Princess Diana kind of woman, she brings relatability to the Royal Family in a way no other BP love interest ever did. You take a lot of that away by turning her into a superhero and giving her the same boring “warrior” mentality most of T’Challa’s supporting characters have.

Though I guess there is a hybrid approach where Monica gets low level powers and still remains focused on her music career and philanthropy. That way both the people who feel love interests need powers and those who want a more low key and cerebral romance get what they want.
    Zanda as black cat/catwomen makes too much sense and always has.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

And that is boring and just shows lack of imagination from the writers.

If they only two things they can think of to do with a LI is "be rescued" and "sidekick that punches people" then just don't write a love interest in lol. Just a waste of panel space.

And T'challa already has multiple "sidekicks that punch people." Okoye, Akili, Shuri, nuBaku, and Omo currently. Zuri, other DM's, current MA's, QDJ, Vibraxas, the Chick with Light powers, ect in the past. Why throw another on in there? What purpose does adding ANOTHER one bring to T'challa exactly? What story elements does that add?

If it doesn't add to TCHALLA's story, it shouldn't exist.

What current "power couples" even exist right now (not flings)? I am way behind on pretty much everything not BP or Avengers. Xmen orgies don't count lol. From memory, most "power couples" are two characters that basically have no supporting cast so they are using the LI as part of that. BP doesn't have that problem, he has the opposite problem... too many mediocre supporting member who detract instead of add anything.

Zanda as black cat/catwomen makes too much sense and always has.
    This, honestly, his cast is so broated that he actually needs Hudlins purge to have happened now, rather than before, getting rid of two of his most established abd much needed male friends. Writers just keep throwing more onto the pile and retcon on this familiarity and it just doesn't work. They don't even try to make it work either.

As for LI. Yeah Monica needs her big break to become the Beyonce of the 616, and then RJs Zanda needs to make the jump over to 616 and become his Black cat/ Catwoman. ONLY RJs version though. I don't care for the other versions

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    This, honestly, his cast is so broated that he actually needs Hudlins purge to have happened now, rather than before, getting rid of two of his most established abd much needed male friends. Writers just keep throwing more onto the pile and retcon on this familiarity and it just doesn't work. They don't even try to make it work either.

As for LI. Yeah Monica needs her big break to become the Beyonce of the 616, and then RJs Zanda needs to make the jump over to 616 and become his Black cat/ Catwoman. ONLY RJs version though. I don't care for the other versions
    Speaking of bloated casts, I just realized I don't remember seeing Okoye in the new run yet. Which is really weird, she was EVERYWHERE once the movie came out lol.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I know I'm late here but I finally read BP #4. I agree now that the pacing needs to pick up and what's happening now should have happened last issue. I'm not sure what Ridley was going for on that last page but it wasn't as dramatic as he expected. It was okay but nothing that would shock you or make you go "wow!"

Without going into too much detail, I'll say it was a solid issue, nothing spectacular. The fight scene was okay, nothing that should have taken that long. Probably the most interesting thing was what Folsade is plotting by trying to recruit Akili.

Again, it was an okay issue, nothing that really made you stand up.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I know I'm late here but I finally read BP #4. I agree now that the pacing needs to pick up and what's happening now should have happened last issue. I'm not sure what Ridley was going for on that last page but it wasn't as dramatic as he expected. It was okay but nothing that would shock you or make you go "wow!"

Without going into too much detail, I'll say it was a solid issue, nothing spectacular. The fight scene was okay, nothing that should have taken that long. Probably the most interesting thing was what Folsade is plotting by trying to recruit Akili.

Again, it was an okay issue, nothing that really made you stand up.
    Do you feel like the fight was telling enough of TChalla’s enhanced abilities? Because Omolola isn’t and we saw what her first shot did.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Do you feel like the fight was telling enough of TChalla’s enhanced abilities? Because Omolola isn’t and we saw what her first shot did.
    It wasn't and that's why I feel it shouldn't have taken that long. Omololo does a few moves, BP blocks, parries and then sets her on her ass.

He may have trained her but that doesn't mean she knows everything he knows. I'm sure Ridley wanted to show how badass Omololo was but he did that already when she went up against the assassins. If he wanted to show more, he could have done it then.

Monica doesn't need powers at all. Or skills. The BP franchise has enough "warriors" that fit that description. She isn't going to outfight Okoye (or any DM or MA), she isn't going to outsmart or out magic Shuri... there is no lane for her there.

Let Monica be the outsider "normal" person she is supposed to be. Just make her world famous like you said.

Hell, she would be easy to bring back to the fold too. She gets her "break," becomes world famous, people start digging into the past like they do, find out about the relationship with Tchalla, villain dude decides that is an easy way to draw T'challa out, T'challa to the rescue, rekindled love, easy peasy.

Turning Monica into a "super hero" just gives writers another character to write and take up panel space instead of the main hero... again lol
    While I'm not a fan of Monica returning to BP in any form, she shouldn't be some kind of superhuman.

The only thing giving her powers will accomplish is her potentially being the next Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post
    The fifth episode of The History of Marvel Comics: Black Panther Podcast: https://www.marvel.com/articles/podc...anther-podcast.
    The Coats episode....no thanks.
    They should have interviewed David Liss instead

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    This is what sticks in my gut! In my heart, I feel they do know. The numbers and likes don't lie. There's big energy with BP initial appearance in MCU, then his debut movie, and when his new ongoing with coates...at the beginning. Even with the new book with Ridley. The consistent issue is the execution and not the character.
    I get the feeling sometimes that Marvel looks at BP like, "Just throw anything out there, they'll buy it."

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

The only thing giving her powers will accomplish is her potentially being the next Black Panther.
    I mean, this is the problem with the whole damn supporting cast over the few years.

Supporting characters are supposed to fill a damn niche. They support, not take over.

Like... Monica and Adam (if they are even a thing anymore) work fine together because they are both uber doober powerful... there isn't an enemy one could fight and the other coudln't join in.

That isn't the case with T'challa. Purely power wise... he's an uber genius enhanced human warrior. That is it.

And his supporting cast ends up being... Okoye the really good warrior. Shuri... genius with magic powers. Storm... an omega mutant.

So unless you are 100% into T'challa, 100% love writing the dude... it is very veyr very very very easy to overshadow him. Because if Okoye is in the book with T'challa... she's gonna fight people (which is just something T'challa could do, you are just taking away panel time). If Shuri is in the books... shes doing uber genius things (which T'challa could do) and doing cool magic stuff while T'challa watches. Storm is out here doing GD galactic storms while T'challa "delegates."

His supporting cast isn't supporting. They are overshadowing. Especially when all their personalities are boring AF.

I will say Ridley seems to be putting supporting casts in certain roles right now, which i do like. We will see if it pays off. But Shuri is Q. Akili seems like he is going to play of role. The PM is starting to do shady politician things. Ridley needs to fix his damn power levels though.

Speaking of bloated casts, I just realized I don't remember seeing Okoye in the new run yet. Which is really weird, she was EVERYWHERE once the movie came out lol.
    She's been replaced by Omolola, that is, until the big reveal and the DM start chasing tchalla I'm sure.

I mean, this is the problem with the whole damn supporting cast over the few years.

Supporting characters are supposed to fill a damn niche. They support, not take over.

Like... Monica and Adam (if they are even a thing anymore) work fine together because they are both uber doober powerful... there isn't an enemy one could fight and the other coudln't join in.

That isn't the case with T'challa. Purely power wise... he's an uber genius enhanced human warrior. That is it.

And his supporting cast ends up being... Okoye the really good warrior. Shuri... genius with magic powers. Storm... an omega mutant.

So unless you are 100% into T'challa, 100% love writing the dude... it is very veyr very very very easy to overshadow him. Because if Okoye is in the book with T'challa... she's gonna fight people (which is just something T'challa could do, you are just taking away panel time). If Shuri is in the books... shes doing uber genius things (which T'challa could do) and doing cool magic stuff while T'challa watches. Storm is out here doing GD galactic storms while T'challa "delegates."

His supporting cast isn't supporting. They are overshadowing. Especially when all their personalities are boring AF.

I will say Ridley seems to be putting supporting casts in certain roles right now, which i do like. We will see if it pays off. But Shuri is Q. Akili seems like he is going to play of role. The PM is starting to do shady politician things. Ridley needs to fix his damn power levels though.
    Frankly the one that bugs me the most is Shuri. Wakanda is a warrior nation so having someone else there who can fight is whatever, but tchallas greatest weapon has always been his mind so for shuri to slide into that role AND magic as well? Something's gotta give. She can have magic, give us back our polymath super genius King