Page 183 of 955 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183184185186187193233283683 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,745 of 14314
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TrooperCameron View Post
    Black Panther from 2099 looks super cool.
    Shock, yeah! As a fan of Marvel 2099 who's been dying to see a good take on Black Panther within that future setting, this looks awesome. I'm just hoping this particular version of Black Panther 2099 doesn't end up being a puppet ruler for Doom or some other "Big Bad" like the Marvel Knights 2099 version did.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    The cover looks good.

Looks like Crossbones in the background but I'm sure it's an HZ.
    Based on Ridley's run so far, it's one of T'Challa's special covert agents in what is apparently standard-issue Kimoyo bracelet-summoned combat armor. The skull mask just makes them look somewhat like Crossbones.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

@Huntsman Spider

That’s a good avatar. Who is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    @Huntsman Spider

Miguel O'Hara -Spider-Man 2099.

Quote Originally Posted by TrooperCameron View Post
    Black Panther from 2099 looks super cool.
    This better not be the original BP 2099. That was crap.

@Huntsman Spider

Spider-Man 2099, whose first comic (along with 2099 variants of the Punisher and Doctor Doom, and a 2099-original character called Ravage) launched the Marvel 2099 line back in 1992, basically "Marvel Universe, but make it cyberpunk," i.e. the superheroes are long dead and half-forgotten, reduced to myths and legends (some even worshipped by the downtrodden masses of the future) while big, corrupt corporations have grown even bigger and more corrupt and now run everything and everybody, exploiting the technological advances ubiquitous in the year 2099 to secure and expand their own power and control. Then along comes a geneticist experimenting with spider DNA to make a superior "corporate raider" . . . a man whose family has been senselessly slaughtered by the son of a powerful executive within the most dominant megacorporation of 2099 and is determined to avenge his family even if it goes against the powers that be . . . a man who tried to clean up corruption from the inside and was framed, cast out, and nearly murdered for it . . . and even a man claiming to be the uber-villain known as Doom . . . and s*** starts getting real.

The cover looks good.

Looks like Crossbones in the background but I'm sure it's an HZ.
    Pretty sure that's Omolalalalala...

This better not be the original BP 2099. That was crap.
    Oh, you mean K'Shamba from Marvel Knights 2099? Yeah, I'd agree with you there, but he technically wasn't the original Black Panther 2099. One of the arcs in the original Marvel 2099 line included Doom 2099 teaming up with Okusana, the heir to Wakanda's throne, who tried to revive her grandfather Thandaza, a previous Black Panther in the intervening timeframe between the then-present-day comics and the 2099 setting, only the revival process went wrong thanks to the interference of a member of the Panther Guard who objected to reviving Thandaza. As a result, Thandaza got brain-damaged and became a crazed cyborg who had to be put down by Doom, "saving the day" while hacking into Wakanda's systems and stealing the schematics for their technology, including the Environmental Maintenance Platforms that kept Wakanda's air free of pollutants. Granted, it was the 90s, but Doom stealing Wakandan tech while simultaneously posturing as a more heroic figure than he actually was . . . wouldn't have gone down so well if it'd happened today or even more recently, I'd think.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Spider-Man 2099, whose first comic (along with 2099 variants of the Punisher and Doctor Doom, and a 2099-original character called Ravage) launched the Marvel 2099 line back in 1992, basically "Marvel Universe, but make it cyberpunk," i.e. the superheroes are long dead and half-forgotten, reduced to myths and legends (some even worshipped by the downtrodden masses of the future) while big, corrupt corporations have grown even bigger and more corrupt and now run everything and everybody, exploiting the technological advances ubiquitous in the year 2099 to secure and expand their own power and control. Then along comes a geneticist experimenting with spider DNA to make a superior "corporate raider" . . . a man whose family has been senselessly slaughtered by the son of a powerful executive within the most dominant megacorporation of 2099 and is determined to avenge his family even if it goes against the powers that be . . . a man who tried to clean up corruption from the inside and was framed, cast out, and nearly murdered for it . . . and even a man claiming to be the uber-villain known as Doom . . . and s*** starts getting real.
    Miguel O'Hara -Spider-Man 2099.
    Nice thanks. It’s a sick costume.
    Lol @ all the extra info Huntsman.

Oh, you mean K'Shamba from Marvel Knights 2099? Yeah, I'd agree with you there, but he technically wasn't the original Black Panther 2099. One of the arcs in the original Marvel 2099 line included Doom 2099 teaming up with Okusana, the heir to Wakanda's throne, who tried to revive her grandfather Thandaza, a previous Black Panther in the intervening timeframe between the then-present-day comics and the 2099 setting, only the revival process went wrong thanks to the interference of a member of the Panther Guard who objected to reviving Thandaza. As a result, Thandaza got brain-damaged and became a crazed cyborg who had to be put down by Doom, "saving the day" while hacking into Wakanda's systems and stealing the schematics for their technology, including the Environmental Maintenance Platforms that kept Wakanda's air free of pollutants. Granted, it was the 90s, but Doom stealing Wakandan tech while simultaneously posturing as a more heroic figure than he actually was . . . wouldn't have gone down so well if it'd happened today or even more recently, I'd think.
    Like I said, it was crap.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Pretty sure that's Omolalalalala...

Ahhh... okay, thanks Digi. She was looking kinda manly in that pic.

So, where the bros at on the cover? No Akili? Not even the new hero what'shisname from the Lost Tribe of Wakanda?

Like I said, it was crap.
    Yeah, agreed.

Nice thanks. It’s a sick costume.
    Lol @ all the extra info Huntsman.
    You're welcome, and as a fan of Marvel characters and the cyberpunk genre, Marvel 2099 was (and still is) right up my alley. Hence the longwinded explanation of how Marvel 2099 got started. Heh, my apologies.

Heh, my apologies.
    No need. I like reading about characters that are new to me.

Ahhh... okay, thanks Digi. She was looking kinda manly in that pic.

So, where the bros at on the cover? No Akili? Not even the new hero what'shisname from the Lost Tribe of Wakanda?
    I believe brotherhood is now an all inclusive term

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I believe brotherhood is now an all inclusive term
    Looks like brotherhood is an endangered species.

No need. I like reading about characters that are new to me.
    All right, then. Thanks. Gonna be looking forward to the reaction here to the new Black Panther 2099.