Page 258 of 955 FirstFirst ... 158208248254255256257258259260261262268308358758 ... LastLast
Results 3,856 to 3,870 of 14314

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    "T'challa is the anchor of the franchise, he is the Black Panther. But the world of Wakanda has some other strong characters as well that we can't wait to explore. Shuri, the Doras like Okoye and Aneka, and places like the Jabari lands and space empire really provide depth to the franchise that other mythos don't have and we feel these people and places can drive stories on their own."

See how much better that sounds? Why is this not the route to go? Even if you wanted to push T'challa to the background... taking a dump on him just makes the whole franchise stink.
    Marvel just doesn't care about T'Challa. Wakanda is the franchise now.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Nerdrotic is one of those rage fueled youtube nerds that hates everything Disney. However, I gotta say his point (only point) about Feige taking it personal that DC introduced Wonder Woman first is right on.

He doesn't mention BP as much as an example. However, it actually fits the overall theme. All he needed was a clip of Feige saying the women steal the show at the Black Panther premiere. I thought it was because he loved the women characters. However, now I think at least part of it was to be a response to Wonder Woman. More proof Nerdrotic doesn't have the range, but he could have shown Shuri making T'Challa knock himself out over something HE developed in the comics.

It got me thinking. Did they really need to introduce Shang Chi's sister? Do they really need to introduce Namora (Namor's cousin)? At the time I thought it was great to introduce more characters from their mythos. However, if its just to show up a popular character then I don't know.

Say what yall want but outside of the first BP I think the best man/woman dynamic was Faora/Zod in Man of Steel. You'll find a lot of DC fans that LOVE Faora, but she never seemed to outsine Zod. The thing thats got me still wanting to see BPWF is Namor. However, what if Namora is stealing his feats? Outshining him, etc etc? It would both me as much as a T'Challa fan. However, it would once again be Feige tilting the balance. Both men and women can and should be consistently awesome without taking things away from them.
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 04-24-2022 at 06:49 AM.

Lol, I’d rather not use these fandom menace types as examples here. Got enough unfans coming in here accusing us of sexism already.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Lol, I’d rather not use these fandom menace types as examples here. Got enough unfans coming in here accusing us of sexism already.
    This, dude clearly has an axe to grind and probably has worse things to say about Black Panther and black people in general behind closed doors. Him and those like him aren’t “allies” or people we should be using to validate our opinions about Marvel’s treatment of T’Challa. He’s trash and only muddies the water of the discussions we’re trying to have here.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    This, dude clearly has an axe to grind and probably has worse things to say about Black Panther and black people in general behind closed doors. Him and those like him aren’t “allies” or people we should be using to validate our opinions about Marvel’s treatment of T’Challa. He’s trash and only muddies the water of the discussions we’re trying to have here.
    Yeah, these guys are "alt-right" adjacent.

A lot of these guys' views are flat-out rooted in bigotry, sexism, and racism.

They are part of the problem we have when it comes to representation.

Dont get me wrong. Dude is mad toxic. However, he outlined perfectly why Feige is the one pushing Shuri (even if he didn't say it). Thats his ego.

In other news this is dope.
    A parade full of references ��
    WAKANDA FOREVER! #CarnavalNoGloboplay #Globeleza
    https://twitter.com/globoplay/status...48010755792897

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    That float is beautiful!
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Marvel just doesn't care about T'Challa. Wakanda is the franchise now.
    Nah it will crash and burn. For the simple reason is that there are NO Wakanda stories. Wakanda isnt a character everything has to do with T'Challa. There's no story without him. It's just a nice background. All the stuff that Made Wakanda interesting has been taken away. They will quickly learn that the franchise can't survive without it's lead. This isn't starwars that create a huge universe. This is the Tony nation of Wakanda that was made interesting because it's King and protector runs around in a panther habit and kicks ass, and was responsible for many of Wakandas advancements and dissolving it's isolationist policy

Extraordinary Member

Nerdrotic is one of those rage fueled youtube nerds that hates everything Disney. However, I gotta say his point (only point) about Feige taking it personal that DC introduced Wonder Woman first is right on.

Here is a video talking about that video.
    Disney Marvel is DOOMED | The M-She-U EXPLAINED - MAD REACTION

MOVIE MADNESS & ENTERTAINMENT

Note-Feige always wanted to put out a captain marvel movie or show her earlier before phase 3 but because of being under marvel entertainment at the time under Isaac Perlmutter he could not.

Captain Marvel Stand-In Fully Revealed in Avengers: Age of Ultron Image
    The Infinity Saga box set has provided us with our best look yet at Avengers: Age of Ultron and its Captain Marvel stand-in. We previously received an image of the stand-in late last year, but it was taken from pretty far away. Now, we have an up-close photo of what the Carol Danvers stand-in actress looked like. While we were only properly introduced to Brie Larson's Carol Danvers last year, Marvel Studios boss Kevin Feige wanted to introduce her much earlier.

In Age of Ultron, when Black Widow and Captain America meet their contemporaries, Captain Marvel was originally going to be included, but Marvel Studios decided against it. In the new Infinity Saga box set, we have access to what the actress looked like who was standing in for the permanent actress-to-be. As for Carol Danvers' possible inclusion in the movie, that was all from director Joss Whedon who wanted her included.
    https://www.imdb.com/news/ni62767591

Why It Matters That Marvel Studios Just Escaped Its Eccentric Billionaire C.E.O. [Updated]
    https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...er-kevin-feige

Marvel's Civil War: Why Kevin Feige Demanded Emancipation From CEO Ike Perlmutter
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...y-kevin-820147

Kevin Feige Almost Quit Marvel Due To Clashes With CEO Ike Perlmutter
    https://screenrant.com/marvel-kevin-...ke-perlmutter/
    and
    https://www.comicsbeat.com/kevin-fei...ke-perlmutter/
    Last edited by mace11; 04-24-2022 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    That float is beautiful!
    Really is great and creative.

Nice. Thanks for posting this.

Ultimate Member

Dont get me wrong. Dude is mad toxic. However, he outlined perfectly why Feige is the one pushing Shuri (even if he didn't say it). Thats his ego.
    If you are trying to battle Wonder Woman-the ICON with a tv show and 700+ books and the default female in a LOT of DC stuff.

Carol was in the works for a film before she became Cap Marvel in 2013 and FANS kept asking about her more than anyone else. Ava DuVernay was in the running for that movie as well as Black Panther.

You do not offer Shuri to battle an Icon.
    The one flaw with Marvel was a HUGE failure to invest in it's women BEYOND cheesecake factors.

WW, Catwoman, Supergirl, Babs, Harley & Batwoman. The 100 solo issue club. Toss in Cassandra Cain-you got 7 DC females with over 50 solo issues.
    Carol, Spider-Woman, May Parker & She Hulk are the 100 club. Jane Foster, X-23, Squirrel Girl & Moon Girl make the 40+ club.

Feige can be mad all he wants but he was not around when these women were being marginalized in the 70s-2000s.

One movie does not undo that.

And to be HONEST I would push Moon Girl more than any other female. An animated Moon Girl movie let alone a live action one might beat WW. That is a show me the money franchise right there.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    If you are trying to battle Wonder Woman-the ICON with a tv show and 700+ books and the default female in a LOT of DC stuff.

Carol was in the works for a film before she became Cap Marvel in 2013 and FANS kept asking about her more than anyone else. Ava DuVernay was in the running for that movie as well as Black Panther.

You do not offer Shuri to battle an Icon.
    The one flaw with Marvel was a HUGE failure to invest in it's women BEYOND cheesecake factors.

WW, Catwoman, Supergirl, Babs, Harley & Batwoman. The 100 solo issue club. Toss in Cassandra Cain-you got 7 DC females with over 50 solo issues.
    Carol, Spider-Woman, May Parker & She Hulk are the 100 club. Jane Foster, X-23, Squirrel Girl & Moon Girl make the 40+ club.

Feige can be mad all he wants but he was not around when these women were being marginalized in the 70s-2000s.

One movie does not undo that.

And to be HONEST I would push Moon Girl more than any other female. An animated Moon Girl movie let alone a live action one might beat WW. That is a show me the money franchise right there.
    Yes and you definitely don't crater THE BIGGEST BLACK ICON OF ALL TIME. Who has literally Zero competition other than Miles. A franchise that has shown that it can make it's leads just as Big as Bats and Spidey. Ignorance and fear of a powerful Black man strikes again to completely hamstring the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Nah it will crash and burn. For the simple reason is that there are NO Wakanda stories. Wakanda isnt a character everything has to do with T'Challa. There's no story without him. It's just a nice background. All the stuff that Made Wakanda interesting has been taken away. They will quickly learn that the franchise can't survive without it's lead. This isn't starwars that create a huge universe. This is the Tony nation of Wakanda that was made interesting because it's King and protector runs around in a panther habit and kicks ass, and was responsible for many of Wakandas advancements and dissolving it's isolationist policy
    Marvel isn't looking at what it will do to T'Challa. They're looking at spin-offs and other characters that can appear in other books and properties. The new Cap book with Sam has someone stealing vibranium. Remember how rare vibranium used to be? Now they sell it like I-phones.

Random Wakandans will appear in other titles with no reference to their former king. People were happy in Wakanda. Now, someone on every corner has a problem with T'Challa. He can't even be an Avenger anymore.

They plan on making Wakanda thrive without T'Challa for the foreseeable future. Marvel has lost interest in T'Challa.

We're just gonna have to ride out this phase.