Page 27 of 955 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127527 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    That is true. They seem to do their best to limit us to 1 Sidney Poitier or one Denzel Washington and now one Chadwick Boseman at a time.
    Can we throw Wesley Snipes in that list? ����

Yeah when it comes to black men there has to be a "quiet nobility" to them. Its mind numbing. Meanwhile white men can be just as brash and bold and unapologetic as they like.

Incredible Member

Yep. Look at Tony Stark, a dick for all intents and purposes who became THE face of the entire MCU. Can you imagine the "controversy" if we got a live action interpretation of Hudlin's BP? We'd have millions of Endicotts holding their cheeks and sobbing like cry baby b****es.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    That is true. They seem to do their best to limit us to 1 Sidney Poitier or one Denzel Washington and now one Chadwick Boseman at a time.
    I guess everybody gotta want their turn in line. Can't have too many showing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Yeah when it comes to black men there has to be a "quiet nobility" to them. Its mind numbing. Meanwhile white men can be just as brash and bold and unapologetic as they like.
    When Black men do it, it's threatening.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    Yep. Look at Tony Stark, a dick for all intents and purposes who became THE face of the entire MCU. Can you imagine the "controversy" if we got a live action interpretation of Hudlin's BP? We'd have millions of Endicotts holding their cheeks and sobbing like cry baby b****es.
    OMG the backlash would be astronomical lol

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeCagefan View Post
    OMG the backlash would be astronomical lol
    Indeed, it would be, which is incredibly sad, disappointing, and infuriating.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I mean, you don't know unless you try. T'Challa has already been proven as a billion dollar franchise for solo out the gate, was the best season of AA, best part of the Avengers game... If iron man or cap or something was a Billion dollars out the gate and an Oscar winner They would of have have comics, spin off series, and games yo the ass. Hell there was a ironman game after the movie came out. But T'Challa still has to prove himself? BS
    The funny thing is over at DC Aquaman and Wonder Woman fans are screaming the SAME thing.

I don't know about reverse racism since they are promoting Shuri as the next BP.
    Which is ODD considering all 6 new books with her is promoting her as herself.

Aside from a reprint of her BP run. There is so far NOTHING promoting her as Black Panther aside from maybe that movie.

I've been saying the same thing for quite a while now. Folks talk around it for some bizarre reason, but there's no other way to explain it.
    It's always been there. Don't think some of those who went to see No Way Home did NOT risk Covid to see 3 Peters. They went to do everything they can to have that film bypass Panther's domestic box office. Wait till The Batman comes out.

Because it wasn't Spiderman, the one hero who no matter what always sells.
    Exactly. It's one thing for Antman or Rocket Raccoon to do numbers. It's another when a black guy. Anyone notice how little MILES MORALES has gotten? He got an Oscar too.
    Or the treatment of Lucas on Stranger Things.

The way they see it, they have an opportunity to score points by having a woc, a Black woman at that, headlining a major movie from their studio.
    Who is going to show up to watch the movie?? See those Twitter trolls will scream for that but won't show up with money to support. What we saw with the first movie is NOT going to happen with number 2.

If they wanted to give that movie the BEST shot-Friday November 18th should be the date as that leads into Thanksgiving Break for schools.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    The funny thing is over at DC Aquaman and Wonder Woman fans are screaming the SAME thing.

Which is ODD considering all 6 new books with her is promoting her as herself.

Aside from a reprint of her BP run. There is so far NOTHING promoting her as Black Panther aside from maybe that movie.

It's always been there. Don't think some of those who went to see No Way Home did NOT risk Covid to see 3 Peters. They went to do everything they can to have that film bypass Panther's domestic box office. Wait till The Batman comes out.

Exactly. It's one thing for Antman or Rocket Raccoon to do numbers. It's another when a black guy. Anyone notice how little MILES MORALES has gotten? He got an Oscar too.
    Or the treatment of Lucas on Stranger Things.

Who is going to show up to watch the movie?? See those Twitter trolls will scream for that but won't show up with money to support. What we saw with the first movie is NOT going to happen with number 2.

If they wanted to give that movie the BEST shot-Friday November 18th should be the date as that leads into Thanksgiving Break for schools.
    They would also shut down production hearing Chad's passing
    to let everyone grieve and they would of then recast T'Challa to honor Chad and continue his story.

In universe Shuri makes Zero sense becoming BP because she is t set up that way, and to do a montage, or have the end of the movie her "prove herself" worthy of the mantle would be a smack in the face to T'Challa as he spent his entire life preparing for the role and had a decade of experience
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 01-09-2022 at 05:53 PM.

This comment got me thinking about work and ****. And I’m really not trying to go there. Lol smh

Sounds like the MCU needs Luke Cage again...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sounds like the MCU needs Luke Cage again...
    That's why his Netflix was the best far as I'm concerned. He was strong, smart, charming and badass. He got all the ladies.

That's why his Netflix was the best far as I'm concerned. He was strong, smart, charming and badass. He got all the ladies.
    I wasn't a fan of the Netflix Luke Cage. I thought Coulter was too small physically. The acting was okay but he didn't look imposing enough for me.

His best scene imo was in the Defenders series when he came in and pretty much saved Danny from the business suit ninjas.

I guess everybody gotta want their turn in line. Can't have too many showing up.
    Oh no! Not the quota fam! Lol, I do really wonder if this is the reason the MCU is content to throw us the sidekick hero brothas. Why not take Blue Marvel and beat DC to the punch showing them what a Superman level hero that's black could look like when done well?

I feel you on that point, when he had Misty Knight over for "Coffee" and was putting that work in. I was kind of wishing we could see some of that Luke in the comics. Hard to see romance and sexy done right. Probably why we haven't seen it from T'Challa since Priest and maybe Hudlin.