Page 31 of 955 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131531 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LukeCagefan View Post
    She banged Doctor Strange like two hours after breaking up with Rhodey. Rhodey looked like a chump, then a couple issues later he tells Carol how she's the strongest person he knows.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeCagefan View Post
    She banged Doctor Strange like two hours after breaking up with Rhodey. Rhodey looked like a chump, then a couple issues later he tells Carol how she's the strongest person he knows.
    Oh yeah, she broke up with Rhodey because she saw a possible future where he has a daughter. Some good reasoning there.

Again...

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Oh yeah, she broke up with Rhodey because she saw a possible future where he has a daughter. Some good reasoning there.

Again...

Civil War 2 had to be one of the worst events Marvel has ever had.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I’m just hoping next month’s issue puts that relationship out to pasture once and for all.
    Aww I thought it came out this month

Again...

...? Is there more context to that or...

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Aww I thought it came out this month
    I think it’s coming out next month because you know, Black History Month.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

I’m just hoping next month’s issue puts that relationship out to pasture once and for all.
    It’s Carol’s longest running relationship at this point and it just feels so incredibly… empty? I keep forgetting they’re even together lol, there’s no passion there either between the characters or from the writers. They hooked up because they’re both soldiers I guess and that seems to be all they have in common. Makes me think about what makes the “iconic” LI stick, your Lois Lanes, Catwomans, and Mary Janes. Said it before but T’Challa needs someone who is his opposite personality wise to be his LI.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

...? Is there more context to that or...
    There was a story in Carol's book where she went to some future where Ove, the son of Namor and the Enchantress was a despot and ruled the world. There she met some other heroes who were fighting him and one of them was Rhodey's daughter. Guess what her name was? Carol Rhodes.

For real.

There was a story in Carol's book where she went to some future where Ove, the son of Namor and the Enchantress was a despot and ruled the world. There she met some other heroes who were fighting him and one of them was Rhodey's daughter. Guess what her name was? Carol Rhodes.

For real.

Wow how... Creative.. and she broke up because? She didn't like the daughter?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It’s Carol’s longest running relationship at this point and it just feels so incredibly… empty? I keep forgetting they’re even together lol, there’s no passion there either between the characters or from the writers. They hooked up because they’re both soldiers I guess and that seems to be all they have in common. Makes me think about what makes the “iconic” LI stick, your Lois Lanes, Catwomans, and Mary Janes. Said it before but T’Challa needs someone who is his opposite personality wise to be his LI.
    I was talking about the new BP issue coming out next month and that I hope Ridley ends the BP/Storm ship for good. Lol. But yeah I’m all for Monica being his new LI. She’s really not tied to any particular franchise and her personality would be fun to see bounce off of T’Challas if they were written romantically.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Wow how... Creative.. and she broke up because? She didn't like the daughter?
    They actually got along. Carol's reasoning was that she had to break up with Rhodey so that he would have a chance to have this daughter. We don't know who the mom was but it's kinda funny and weirdly stupid that if he had a daughter with someone else, that he would name her Carol.

I was talking about the new BP issue coming out next month and that I hope Ridley ends the BP/Storm ship for good. Lol. But yeah I’m all for Monica being his new LI. She’s really not tied to any particular franchise and her personality would be fun to see bounce off of T’Challas if they were written romantically.
    Whoops I lost track of that conversation my bad. Yeah given the scrapped Hickman plot for a baby clashed with whatever Ridley is planning, I think he’s going to sever the ties between the two for a good while so T’Challa’s romantic options can open up.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

They actually got along. Carol's reasoning was that she had to break up with Rhodey so that he would have a chance to have this daughter. We don't know who the mom was but it's kinda funny and weirdly stupid that if he had a daughter with someone else, that he would name her Carol.
    More simping for Rhodey. LMAO. T'Challa should date Monica and Carol and Ororo can be his concubines lol

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It didn't help that it came out of nowhere and with barely any buildup. At this point it seems like they're still together just because it's each others' longest relationship and because no one wants to bother giving Carol her own LI.

Ultimate Member

I'm sure alot of people don't know that Rhodey and Carol are dating if you can call it that.

I did NOT know about that story with Carol and Rhodey. I knew they were together because I think we saw them in bed or after glow in Cap Marvel #150.

I was talking about Rhodey's first solo run where a white woman-Rae LaCoste-who he slept with in Iron Man 286. Told his parents that she was carrying his baby and I think left town.

Rae LaCoste was SUPPOSE to be Scott Lang's ex wife (and Madame Masque).

The book ended at issue 25. The editor or writer in the letter page mentioned not being able to finish that story.

There's more examples (not touching DC at the moment sticking to Marvel) but its kinda silly at this point. But if no one calls them out on it why NOT double down?
    Supergirl's book got axed or a new direction happened when she got a black boyfriend. New 52 book got axed. Supergirl went to space and Ben got tossed in Titans and got HIT on by Natasha Irons. Who has a girlfriend.

TREVOR BARNES anybody?? Rumored cherry popper of a certain Amazon.