Page 353 of 955 FirstFirst ... 253303343349350351352353354355356357363403453853 ... LastLast
Results 5,281 to 5,295 of 14314

Quote Originally Posted by BPStorm2 View Post
    My question is are you guys going to watch wakanda forever or wait till it comes on Disney plus. Dr strange will be on there June 22 so only a month in a half in theaters. Lol if I known that I would of waited. Will you support it if it’s a tchalla jr lol or just wait for the 838 BP if that do it.

Last question if it’s just a random as the new BP Do you thing the movie will be successful? Mcu fans seem to not care it could be a donkey as BP they will go along with it lol.
    Nah, Disney EXPECTS Black people to just show up for then movie cause it's a mostly black cast. But there's no getting around it. The reason BP was successful wasn't just because it was 90% black cast. They had the glue of Tchalla, who gave the characters around him life, they shined because tchalla brought them together. Will the movie be successful? Yes. Will it do BP 1 numbers? No. Will it even be close? Hell no.

There banking on people wanting to see T'Challas fate and watching due to how they "Honor" Chad. If they're idea of honoring him is to have a funeral and the characters mourn him, opening up a wound they think will be "Cathartic" they are going to be in for a surprise. BP showed that these depressing as shit black movies about slavery, inner-city, gangster stories that need White saviors ain't going to fly anymore and black people are way more than that.

Trying to return to that again is going to fail. The Recast call gets stronger everyday. Abd the more they fight it's the more people see it for the bullshit it really is. Because it IS bullshit. His family doesn't want the character to die for his sake. It spits in the face of the 4 year's he fought, suffered in silence to the outside world, and persevered despite his own struggle. Basically by killing T'Challa they are telling his family and everyone that his fight meant fuck all, and his legacy is only worth what they have done this far, which frankly is an insult to Chads hard work.

Even if he was still around, the treatment T'Challa had gotten this far had been subpar and the only positive was that we knew Chad was dedicated to uplifting T'Challa and was working OVERTIME to make sure he was done right... Seems he was the only one at Marvel doing that unfortunately. Look how quickly they're erasing his presence. Dude had to threaten to not take the role just so they wouldn't give Wakandans British accents, I mean TF is that?

Incredible Member

I’m going to wait for Disney plus. I have a 9 year old daughter and she ain’t into no super hero stuff lol I mean non of her friends are either. Took them to Disneyland they just wanted to see the BP. I asked them if she wanted to see the dora my daughter and her friends could care less lol wanted to see Alice in wonderland lol.

I also hear one of the Dora will be gay idk how that’s going to play over seas. If that’s true the movie won’t make a 1billion.
    I'm keeping hope alive maybe they will reveal a Tchalla during. Mid credit or after credit Scene...

My question is are you guys going to watch wakanda forever or wait till it comes on Disney plus. Dr strange will be on there June 22 so only a month in a half in theaters. Lol if I known that I would of waited. Will you support it if it’s a tchalla jr lol or just wait for the 838 BP if that do it.

Last question if it’s just a random as the new BP Do you thing the movie will be successful? Mcu fans seem to not care it could be a donkey as BP they will go along with it lol.
    For me, T'Challa must live.
    If the 1st trailer even hints at his death, then I'll have no use for the MCU or Disney+ at all.
    Not even missing in action unless it is with the guarantee of an immediate return for the next installment. Not the hope of his return... a public promise. That'd keep me on board for now.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Not to toot my own horn but I wrote a blog post on how an 838 T’Challa could be handled in the MCU.
    https://johnslair.blogspot.com/2022/...halla.html?m=1
    Excellent read, and at this point. I would be up for anything as long it it's ACTUALLY T'Challa, and not Tchalla Jr or some other bullshit. T'Challa should NOT be the other main line hero to not get a full trilogy. That is just stupid and sends a message people seem to be letting grief get in the way of, that Disney is treating Black characters as expendable.

So far even to this day, we have YET to see Black characters on the MCU get treated with the same respect they give to write heroes. Even T'Challa wasn't immune to it. People just being okay with killing him off and supporting the movie anyway and making the movie a success Disney feels comfortable going forward with, only reinforces their need to not respect black characters, because on their minds, as long as their black people will come.

People got take a stand. If they want better representation and not fluff work, they need to adopt Chad's mindset because he saw the potential, he saw what marvel wanted to do and fought it. THAT'S how we the fans can honor his legacy, by demanding that they do what he was trying to do. Starting with a Recast
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 06-05-2022 at 10:46 AM.

My question is are you guys going to watch wakanda forever or wait till it comes on Disney plus.
    I need a trailer before I make my final decision, but I'll probably D+ it. While I can see ways they can write around Chadwick's absence without killing BP off, I'm just not all that interested in spoilers:
    Mayan Atlantis
    end of spoilers.

*shrug*

I won’t be seeing it. I won’t be paying to see it.

Not watching period. I'm waiting for the next T'Challa.

Astonishing Member

No I don’t think so. I think they will have the storyline when tchalla son meets Storm at a young age. With X-men in the mcu they have to change pretty much everyone being story to make it make sense. Lol I said it first. Disney will start with a young X-men. Kinda like how Peter park is with Tom. So these characters can play them for years.
    Marvel managed to get a solid decade out of the OG Avengers and most of them started in their late-20s and early 30s. That’s more than enough to give strong character arcs that’ll define a generation, as we’ve seen with Iron Man and Captain America. With the MCU aggressively pumping out content and the X-Men being by far their most lore-filled property, I don’t think they’re gonna go through the hassle of casting 16 and 17 year olds to be the OG X-Men. Marvel’s gonna want to fast track to secondary franchises like X-Factor, New Mutants, Academy X, X-Force, and others to feed the movie division and more importantly, D+. Much more difficult to do if the OG mutants are starting out so young and you need to build out those elements from scratch.

I suspect they’ll be somewhat established when they’re first introduced meaning at the youngest they’d be in their early-mid 20s. Young enough to be distinct from their counterparts in the Fox films, but old enough to have some experience under their belt. Which is still much older than T’Challa’s son would be even after 4-6 years. Obviously no one knows, but Marvel has so much content they can extract out of the X-Men that they don’t need to start them off as teenagers. The kid may end up taking the Black Panther mantle at a young age (most likely to sideline Shuri) but I doubt he’ll be old enough to be in a relationship with Ororo, who will likely be much older. Especially when Marvel knows she has other iconic love interests that can fuel her story, which is why Forge will probably end up with her (on top of being a major Native American character who’d get a boost from being attached to her)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Not watching period. I'm waiting for the next T'Challa.
    This basically.

I'm not spending a dime on a BP movie without T'Challa.

It's really unfortunate given how popular T'Challa has become after the first movie. I was stunned to see white kids dress up as Black Panther for Halloween last year up here in Canada.

That's how much the character penetrated pop culture.

Two things. 1, T'Challa comes back to the MCU. 2 don't attach him to Storm. He's better off with a Wakandan LI. End of.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Two things. 1, T'Challa comes back to the MCU. 2 don't attach him to Storm. He's better off with a Wakandan LI. End of.
    Monica Lynne if things with Nakia don’t work out. Hell I wouldn’t put it past them to turn her into an inhuman since it seems Feige might finally give them a second chance.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    This basically.

It's really unfortunate given how popular T'Challa has become after the first movie. I was stunned to see white kids dress up as Black Panther for Halloween last year up here in Canada.

Thats the thing. T'Challa transcends race in terms of popularity. Wakanda doesnt do that because its limited racially by design.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    This basically.

And unfortunately all of that is going to waste.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Just cause I feel like pulling an Ekmonger...errr Ekie.

I gotta say I dislike Okoye's sideye of T'Challa when he said "he can handle it alone" in the beginning of the movie. You're already giving off the impression he cant.

Now narratively I know its just part of the film thesis/theme. Africans all over needing each other, etc etc However, now that there is no T'Challa that scene kinda irks me at my core when rewatching, lol
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 06-06-2022 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Just cause I feel like pulling an Ekmonger...errr Ekie.

I gotta say I dislike Okoye's sideye of T'Challa when he said "he can handle it alone" in the beginning of the movie. You're already giving off the impression he cant.

Now narratively I know its just part of the film thesis/theme. Africans all over needing each other, etc etc However, now that there is no T'Challa that scene kinda irks me at my core when rewatching, lol
    It's worse when he does freeze and needed Okoye to step in
    An unnecessary dig at T'Challa being unable to focus or concentrate on the mission at hand. Its somewhat mitigated because his dad just died but it sends a bad message about his competency when out the jump he is already making basic mistakes