Page 562 of 955 FirstFirst ... 62462512552558559560561562563564565566572612662 ... LastLast
Results 8,416 to 8,430 of 14314

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    As a black man myself, I'm not taking that responsibility on my shoulders. None of that short-of-a-billion dollars is going into my account so really...Fock No!

Fail, or not, that's entirely on the studio and Marvel/Disney.
    Juuuust saying, that train is never late. lol But exactly to all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Agreed.

I do wonder though...if the movie DOESN'T do well, or is a couple hundred short of a billion, will black men exclusively get the blame?
    Oh it will happen and I’m not gonna feel the least bit guilty. That’s ultimately on Coogler and Moore for making a billion dollar decision in minutes.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    My fear is that little will be learned from what's about to happen. Make no mistake, this film will hit a $Billion and will bag more Oscars, I can see it happening which will only cement Feige's dumb narrative about mantles and blah blah blah.
    No hate on the film. Still won't watch.

Attached Images Attached Images

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Agreed.

I do wonder though...if the movie DOESN'T do well, or is a couple hundred short of a billion, will black men exclusively get the blame?
    We got BLAMED for Trump getting votes and the death of Sandra Bland.

So YES we will get blamed in the name of clicks and youtube revenue.

YET when you break down WHO went to go see it-bet it will be more black MEN going than any other group.

It's NOT my job to ensure this movie makes a billion just because it has black folks in it. Nor because it's so-called black girl magic.

I am not paying to see a funeral.

I am going to use that money to support some black lead material that is coming out in November from Image.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    We got BLAMED for Trump getting votes and the death of Sandra Bland.

So YES we will get blamed in the name of clicks and youtube revenue.

YET when you break down WHO went to go see it-bet it will be more black MEN going than any other group.

It's NOT my job to ensure this movie makes a billion just because it has black folks in it. Nor because it's so-called black girl magic.

I am not paying to see a funeral.

I am going to use that money to support some black lead material that is coming out in November from Image.
    what was going on with Sandra Bland? How was that black mens fault?

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I guess you didn't get the memo bruh! Whatever negative that befalls black women, just yadda, yadda, yadda black men on to the end of that joint! There you go, that's how its going down in 2022 my guy!

“In order for people to love the Black Panther franchise they needed to love T’Challa.”
    Where was this Nate Moore all this time?
    Last edited by BlackClaw; 08-20-2022 at 02:55 AM.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Maybe tell that to the people running the comics.

Cause it really feels like the opposite there.

Fantastic Member

I believe if the film does fall short black men will get the blame. Bricks are going to fall on E-Man especially as the force behind and face of the Recast Movement. Even though E-Man does not advocate boycotting the film and I imagine will be looking at the film, reviewing it, and discussing it.

As Devaishwarya and Skyvolt point out it's not on the shoulders of black men, or black women for that matter, to make this movie a success. Disney/Marvel and the creatives, as Nate Moore said (paraphrasing) made the film they wanted (with little regard to the outside world's opinions) and now we'll see how it goes. Roxane Gay and compliant/complicit social media personalities have already been going after despairing fans for their "selfishness", "entitlement", or being ridiculous for wanting a recast. If it doesn't do as well though, Disney/Marvel or their shills will not get the blame for it, the Recast movement (as proxies for black males) will though.

The whole blame game reminds me of what happened with the Birds of Prey film. Even though the film was not marketed to men, not made for men, men bought more tickets for it the opening weekend.

https://screenrant.com/birds-prey-ha...nce-men-women/
    Last edited by Emperorjones; 08-20-2022 at 04:38 AM.

Ultimate Member

On youtube a black woman openly said Sandra Bland's death was the fault of black men for NOT protecting her.

There are way too many articles and videos done by black women doing that.

Logic goes out the door with some of them.

Don't think some of them are NOT mad about the lack of Shuri stuff as the movie is coming. They are going to blame black men for oppressing them since T'Challa is still getting new stuff.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Emperorjones View Post
    I believe if the film does fall short black men will get the blame. Bricks are going to fall on E-Man especially as the force behind and face of the Recast Movement. Even though E-Man does not advocate boycotting the film and I imagine will be looking at the film, reviewing it, and discussing it.

As Devaishwarya and Skyvolt point out it's not on the shoulders of black men, or black women for that matter, to make this movie a success. Disney/Marvel and the creatives, as Nate Moore said (paraphrasing) made the film they wanted (with little regard to the outside world's opinions) and now we'll see how it goes. Roxane Gay and compliant/complicit social media personalities have already been going after despairing fans for their "selfishness", "entitlement", or being ridiculous for wanting a recast. If it doesn't do as well though, Disney/Marvel or their shills will not get the blame for it, the Recast movement (as proxies for black males) will though.

The whole blame game reminds me of what happened with the Birds of Prey film. Even though the film was not marketed to men, not made for men, men bought more tickets for it the opening weekend.

https://screenrant.com/birds-prey-ha...nce-men-women/
    A lot of stuff not marketed to men end up attracting men.

My Little Pony and Sailor Moon also proved that.

And remember Frozen? It was not marketed to girls but boys.

Tangled-it was for girls yet had to be marketed to boys. They changed the name from Rapunzel Unbraided.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    “In order for people to love the Black Panther franchise they needed to love T’Challa.”
    Where was this Nate Moore all this time?
    He also mentioned how T'Challa is one of the smartest people on earth and Ryan found a way to make him relatable... Yet they heavily downplayed his intelligence to one line of him mentioning he made his cw habit. Still it would be interesting to post this since he is going hard on this mantle talk

On youtube a black woman openly said Sandra Bland's death was the fault of black men for NOT protecting her.

Don't think some of them are NOT mad about the lack of Shuri stuff as the movie is coming. They are going to blame black men for oppressing them since T'Challa is still getting new stuff.
    How does that even make sense though? Like really. HOW could black men protect her from the police exactly?

That's just ridiculous.

How does that even make sense though? Like really. HOW could black men protect her from the police exactly?
    Bro, some people do things for clicks.