Page 568 of 955 FirstFirst ... 68468518558564565566567568569570571572578618668 ... LastLast
Results 8,506 to 8,520 of 14314

I still think making Shuri a magic based character is best for her in terms of giving her a lane.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

The only good thing I can say about Coates is that he gave Shuri her own thing that didn't overlap with T'Challa's until he made her a better KOTD than him.

T'Challa makes an appearance at the end of Captain America: Symbol of Truth today.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Coates was far more inventive than Ridley.

Calling out Disney for giving Chadwick a posthumous Disney Legend award right before the movie that makes his death a plot point.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Coates was far more inventive than Ridley.
    Yes but but not in the way that you think

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    The only good thing I can say about Coates is that he gave Shuri her own thing that didn't overlap with T'Challa's until he made her a better KOTD than him.

T'Challa makes an appearance at the end of Captain America: Symbol of Truth today.
    Honestly? Now I don't care that he did it. At the time it was annoying because he was slamming T'Challa, but in the long run KotD was already a dead (pun intended) add-on that T'Challa didn't even utilize to any real degree nor was it clearly defined. That's like the only good thing he did though. Every other good thing was either stelfreeze or aesthetics

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Amusingly, his first line is "Wakanda does not care for spies"...

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I laughed at that and the fact that Wakanda has been portrayed as perfect. They're better off staying in America.

I already like TChalla’s appearance in Symbol of Truth more than anything Ridley’s done. Haven’t bought Ridley’s trash in months.

So this is either proof that Marvel editors don't give a isht/ pay attention to what is going on between two books with cross overs, or the greater 616 MU doesn't care for what is going on in T'Challas solo and portray him in character because that's the only place he exists

Fantastic Member

I agree with Klaue. I didn't read a lot of Coates' run, but he did bring more to the table than Ridley has thus far. I'm not saying much of it was good, but still the Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda, among other things, is a neat idea.

Ezyo,

You make a good point about Marvel editorial. Because it makes little sense to me that they didn't do more to connect the Wilson and T'Challa arcs and have Hunter be the real big bad. I haven't gotten my copy of Symbol of Truth in the mail, and maybe that will turn out to be the case, but I doubt it.

Username Taken,

I liked the comic's ruthless Shuri best, though I think what Letitia Wright did in the first Black Panther film worked very well for that movie. And she did make the character friendlier and more likable-perhaps-than the comic book version which before the BP film had more of an edge. Though I think both incarnations work in their respective milieus well enough. That said, I think balls were dropped especially during Maberry's run to do more to establish friends, lovers, personal enemies for Shuri. I haven't read much of the Coates-era or Shuri's solo series to see how much, if any, was done. I mean, what happened to the Flea dude from "Klaws of the Panther"? Did someone kill him off?
    Last edited by Emperorjones; 08-24-2022 at 11:05 AM.

Well, he's not lying. "Wakanda does not care for spies created under my regime."

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    So this is either proof that Marvel editors don't give a isht/ pay attention to what is going on between two books with cross overs, or the greater 616 MU doesn't care for what is going on in T'Challas solo and portray him in character because that's the only place he exists
    I guess writers outside of the solo just go with the best version of T'Challa.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I guess writers outside of the solo just go with the best version of T'Challa.
    Funny, because is this Cap comic written by the same guy who wrote BP legends?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Funny, because is this Cap comic written by the same guy who wrote BP legends?
    Yes, Tochi Onyebuchi wrote both. His work in Cap so far is superior to BP: Legends, which likely has to do with both target demo and editorial. We'll see how he handles T'Challa in issue 5.