Page 577 of 955 FirstFirst ... 77477527567573574575576577578579580581587627677 ... LastLast
Results 8,641 to 8,655 of 14314

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    o cane say, about the ONLY other black panther I could maybe care to see would be bashenga, not in the MCU, not until T'Challas story is told to completion, but seeing a story about the OG Panther (not the embarrassment that JA Introduced) could be interesting as a mini. Get someone like RJ, Ewing, or Hickman on it and it might be pretty good
    I like what Hudlin did with Flags of our Father. Now if they did an anthology series about previous and future Panthers along with the regular solo(a better solo than what we've been getting), then that would work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I like what Hudlin did with Flags of our Father. Now if they did an anthology series about previous and future Panthers along with the regular solo(a better solo than what we've been getting), then that would work for me.
    Exactly. And even then it's STILL not about the mantle, because it all comes back to T'Challa because he's the one that matters

T'Challa is to Black Panther what Indiana Jones is to Raiders of the Lost Ark or James Bond is to EVERY Bond movie or John Constantine is to Hellblazer. The end.

Anyone notice that Marvel didn’t pay homage to Chadwick yesterday?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Emperorjones View Post
    I think we get the Perez. Wolfman, and Lein versions of Teen Titans often because of the popularity of their run. When it comes to Star Trek, I do think there are some folks who do want to see stories with other Enterprises. And there have been novels focusing on the Enterprise-B and Enterprise-C. For years, the idea of a Captain Pike on the Enterprise series was just a Marvel comic run and occasional novels or short stories, until it became a real deal. I think there would be some Trek fans who wouldn't mind seeing them do more with the ENT-B and C (speaking as one of those Trek fans myself). The ENT-B's Harriman especially needs some onscreen redemption.
    He sort of got that at IDW in a comic that had Mccoy in it after Kirk's death.

The Perez and friends version is popular but some members mainly Wonder Girl got left out. With right issues being the reason to exclude her. Yet nobody was screaming for the 1966 version.

Star Trek has used novels to tell those stories. So at least folks got something.

Here Marvel is NOT doing that. Yet it's a mantle to pander to a certain segment. While not telling us about the others. Even Dr Who went out of its way to tell us about the 9th Doctor and even other versions of Dr Who that we may never see.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Anyone notice that Marvel didn’t pay homage to Chadwick yesterday?
    Well they have already done enough, didn't you know? It's not about Chad nowx they gotta keep it pushing

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    He sort of got that at IDW in a comic that had Mccoy in it after Kirk's death.

The Perez and friends version is popular but some members mainly Wonder Girl got left out. With right issues being the reason to exclude her. Yet nobody was screaming for the 1966 version.

Star Trek has used novels to tell those stories. So at least folks got something.

Here Marvel is NOT doing that. Yet it's a mantle to pander to a certain segment. While not telling us about the others. Even Dr Who went out of its way to tell us about the 9th Doctor and even other versions of Dr Who that we may never see.
    IDW has been a bit iffy lately when it comes to their Trek comics, but I did like a lot of the one-shots on the captains and various alien species. Harriman also got focus in some of the novels- like The Captain's Daughter & Serpents Among the Ruins. I really thought Serpents went a long way to redeeming him.

When it comes to the Perez Titans I just figure that run was so iconic that it's swamped the other iterations of the team. I also have to wonder when it comes to Donna Troy if she's just been lost in the shuffle. Cassie Sandsmark might have stolen some of her thunder, just like Jackson Hyde has basically made Tempest an afterthought almost. I do think DC has invested more in legacy characters and sometimes those characters exceed the originals, like with Barry Allen, Hal Jordan, or Michael Holt. Other times there's more balance like with Ted Kord and Jamie Reyes.

Marvel is upping their prose novel game, but it's an avenue they definitely could explore to give more fans the kind of stories or depictions of characters that people say they want, especially if they aren't getting it in the movies, on television, or in comics, or games.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperorjones View Post
    IDW has been a bit iffy lately when it comes to their Trek comics, but I did like a lot of the one-shots on the captains and various alien species. Harriman also got focus in some of the novels- like The Captain's Daughter & Serpents Among the Ruins. I really thought Serpents went a long way to redeeming him.

When it comes to the Perez Titans I just figure that run was so iconic that it's swamped the other iterations of the team. I also have to wonder when it comes to Donna Troy if she's just been lost in the shuffle. Cassie Sandsmark might have stolen some of her thunder, just like Jackson Hyde has basically made Tempest an afterthought almost. I do think DC has invested more in legacy characters and sometimes those characters exceed the originals, like with Barry Allen, Hal Jordan, or Michael Holt. Other times there's more balance like with Ted Kord and Jamie Reyes.

Marvel is upping their prose novel game, but it's an avenue they definitely could explore to give more fans the kind of stories or depictions of characters that people say they want, especially if they aren't getting it in the movies, on television, or in comics, or games.
    I think IDW has a comic coming out about Captain Sisko.

Incredible Member

Well they have already done enough, didn't you know? It's not about Chad nowx they gotta keep it pushing
    Rumor is they Will do a big tribute at D23

Niffleheim

Really? I’ve always wanted to know what happened with the prophets and I think he promised Kassidy that he’ll come back. I’ll get it.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Yeah, just throw out some random Panther so that we can ignore them too.
    This. What has been happening is just so...ugh. I keep telling myself that at least we have Captain Falcon but the thing is I have never liked Falcon all that much. I'm still going to see New World Order.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    This. What has been happening is just so...ugh. I keep telling myself that at least we have Captain Falcon but the thing is I have never liked Falcon all that much. I'm still going to see New World Order.
    I find the thing with Falcon pretty funny cause he actually does regularly show up. No matter what you think of Sam, he at least always has Steve's back.

Meanwhile in BP's case they introduce a lot of new characters but they rarely have much presence afterwards, like the Midnight Angels. Only Shuri and Okoye make consistent appearances, hell Okoye was the star in that weird Iron Fist: Heart of the Dragon mini released last year for some reason.
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 08-29-2022 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I find the thing with Falcon pretty funny cause he actually does regularly show up. No matter what you think of Sam, he at least always has Steve's back.

Meanwhile in BP's case they introduce a lot of new characters but they rarely have much presence afterwards, like the Midnight Angels. Only Shuri and Okoye make consistent appearances, hell Okoye was the star in that weird Iron Fist: Heart of the Dragon mini released last year for some reason.
    They are re trying to expand the supporting cast but can't seem to commit to one specific character so they just keep doing random one shots instead of finding a good writer to write a solo about them. Same issue with T'Challa, getting bad writer's to try and extend Wakanda instead of focusing on T'Challa

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

They are re trying to expand the supporting cast but can't seem to commit to one specific character so they just keep doing random one shots instead of finding a good writer to write a solo about them. Same issue with T'Challa, getting bad writer's to try and extend Wakanda instead of focusing on T'Challa
    The other funny thing is that they fail to realize that there's no relationship between these characters to latch onto.

Like Sam and Rhodey are popular in part because of their epic friendships with Steve and Tony. Sam will always have Steve's back through thick & thin, and Rhodey's complicated relationship with the very flawed Tony speaks depths of how much they care for each other that Rhodey will always regard him as his greatest friend in spite of all thats happened to him.

Meanwhile everyone here just hates T'Challa, there's no relationship to build off of. Especially since they barely appear because of their dislike of T'Challa leaving everyone as flat unlikable assholes. The Dore Milaje hate T'Challa and thats why they are rarely seen in this run as they held up in the Jabari Lands to get away from him which means they won't get any focus or development.

It be one thing if greater focus was put upon Okoye's knight & lord relationship with T'Challa, showing they have a close and friendship but they don't do that.

Fantastic Member

Thanks. I've seen a little about that. I don't think it's going to catch up with Kasidy though, but who knows.

https://trekmovie.com/2022/07/21/ben...ture-from-idw/