Page 7 of 955 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107507 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    I don’t doubt that marvel plans to kill T’Challa but I think they’ll change their minds by the end of the year

I don’t see how Marvel would think it benefits them to kill TChalla.....

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    It wouldn’t. The MCU might be able to get away with killing him, but audiences are not stupid. They’re fully aware that a character can thrive in other mediums even if the actor that portrays them in live action is no longer around (ex: Joker). Killing him in other mediums is just asking for trouble because we already have people accusing them of profiting off of a Black man’s death in real life (me included) by killing off T’Challa in the MCU. If he starts getting killed in the comics then that’s gonna remove all doubt that they are trying to exploit Chadwick’s death. Especially with the recast movement growing stronger and his family saying that Chadwick would’ve wanted T’Challa to live on, they better not be surprised if they get backlash if they try to pull that ****.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Being a king doesn't seem to be a problem in any other franchise except for this one. Someone high up at Marvel has an issue with TChalla ruling wakanda and that's probably the reason we got coats to begin with. Now there seems to be a desire to turn wakanda into a hero unto itself remodel can funnel all of their diversity driven projects and talk.. Wauconda has never been the hero of this story and has to be dragged along screaming and kicking by t'challa. Trying to make it a heroic place is only going to open it up like Disneyland for the rest of the Marvel Universe
    Yeah Wakanda itself was never interesting last unconquered advanced African nation. I don't need to know the names of every tribe and what they think of everything that takes place. I also don't care to see them vote on stuff either. I care about T'Challa and his adventures and how he rules Wakanda taking on threat's to the nation and the world itself. Don't need to know what R'Redshirt thinks of the Wakandan government.

Like you said they are xenophobic. They DON'T want to interact with the rest of the world, they are more than happy to let the world burn so long as Wakanda stays out of it. It can be a beacon of hope without being THE hub for everything Black. That's stupid and not what it's supposed to bee

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    It wouldn’t. The MCU might be able to get away with killing him, but audiences are not stupid. They’re fully aware that a character can thrive in other mediums even if the actor that portrays them in live action is no longer around (ex: Joker). Killing him in other mediums is just asking for trouble because we already have people accusing them of profiting off of a Black man’s death in real life (me included) by killing off T’Challa in the MCU. If he starts getting killed in the comics then that’s gonna remove all doubt that they are trying to exploit Chadwick’s death. Especially with the recast movement growing stronger and his family saying that Chadwick would’ve wanted T’Challa to live on, they better not be surprised if they get backlash if they try to pull that ****.
    Well the fact that Judge voiced T'Challa and got over the whole "I can't VA T'Challa on respect to Chad" nonsense it really makes no sense to remove him. Also the fact that they would be so willing to remove the first Black super hero with a rich history is just dumb and asking for trouble, they are going to have to do something of they want to get ahead of the growing isht storm

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Well the fact that Judge voiced T'Challa and got over the whole "I can't VA T'Challa on respect to Chad" nonsense it really makes no sense to remove him. Also the fact that they would be so willing to remove the first Black super hero with a rich history is just dumb and asking for trouble, they are going to have to do something of they want to get ahead of the growing isht storm
    Let’s all be thankful Judges family told him just how stupid that sentiment was. Lmao.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Yeah Wakanda itself was never interesting last unconquered advanced African nation. I don't need to know the names of every tribe and what they think of everything that takes place. I also don't care to see them vote on stuff either. I care about T'Challa and his adventures and how he rules Wakanda taking on threat's to the nation and the world itself. Don't need to know what R'Redshirt thinks of the Wakandan government.

Like you said they are xenophobic. They DON'T want to interact with the rest of the world, they are more than happy to let the world burn so long as Wakanda stays out of it. It can be a beacon of hope without being THE hub for everything Black. That's stupid and not what it's supposed to bee
    Be that is it may, I wondering if that is exactly what the low-key plan is for the Panthverse. Btw, I also tend to agree with your point. I can't recall anyone ever asking or demanding more from the city of Latvia. Doom is an interesting character as leader/protector of his nation. I'm not upset that there's no prominent female focus from Doom's franchise. I see a parallel to the extent that we know Doom is THE guy, and his nation is not to be f-ed with! This is what I really need to see for Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Hickman reveals that an initial plan for Storm in "Giant-Size X-Men" was gonna be that she's pregnant with T'Challa's baby and said baby was gonna be raised in The World. An heir of 2 Kingdoms who would unify them. Start around the 1h38 mark to listen:

https://www.xplainthexmen.com/2022/0...ze-special-10/
    Lmao dodged a bullet there
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I think the issue they have is one of being caught between a rock and a hard place.

If they recast T'Challa in the MCU, they get attacked for disrespecting the memory - if they don't reacst, they get attacked for not honouring the character.

They want synergy, above all else, they will sacrifice all sorts of comic published history to get synergy, on the small chance they grab some new readers. If they decided to recast, T'challa in the comics is pretty safe. If they don't, I can see them 'resting' the character for a bit, until they can relaunch the MCU and have a new T'challa that isn't so raw.

it isn't straight up profiteering, it's trying to balance both so you dont piss off the wrong people - but with the backdrop of still wanting to make money from the franchise.

Where I think you are right though is that people aren't stupid, and should be able to tell the difference between MCU and comics. It shouldnt matter if they do totally different things - but history seems to suggest they dont think this is the case.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Lmao dodged a bullet there
    As a Black Panther fan, I hear what you're saying. After listening to JH and knowing that he actually likes Black Panther as a character. To add the man might be one of the most competent and talented writers Marvel had. I'll go on record as wanting to see the story Black Panther having a son, with powers and an heir to possibly 2 nations. Yes, it would come off with Bruce/Damien vibes. Hickman, I believe would be able to elevate to something cooler. They can tell him all they want about big plans for BP, only thing they planning for is rubbing him out, IMHO. I hate the relationship in bad writers hands, but I have no issue with the concept.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Be that is it may, I wondering if that is exactly what the low-key plan is for the Panthverse. Btw, I also tend to agree with your point. I can't recall anyone ever asking or demanding more from the city of Latvia. Doom is an interesting character as leader/protector of his nation. I'm not upset that there's no prominent female focus from Doom's franchise. I see a parallel to the extent that we know Doom is THE guy, and his nation is not to be f-ed with! This is what I really need to see for Black Panther.
    Yeah and it's fine to expand the BP universe, however,like Batman, Spider man, and Superman, they don't do this by throwing those heroes under the bus and drag them through the mud to prop up the "new shiny" push. Or say that Batman was always about Gotham or Superman was always about metropolis.

No one cares about those places. They care about the cast that was established (if they are decently developed) and how the franchise holder interacts with them. Once they get popular enough they spinoff to do their own thing elsewhere. It try and hijack the franchise or get a spin off and talk **** about the franchise.

I would be perfectly fine with getting 2 spin offs from BP. World of Wakanda (can focus on the Dora and HZ) abd a Shuri book. Leave the main franchise to T'Challa as it should be and go bonkers on those others. And actually spend the time to make these characters likeable rather than say "X character is so badass they don't need T'Challa, they can stand on their own!" Yet reference T'Challa every chance they get and shot on him while failing to provide any reason to care about the characters at all

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I think the issue they have is one of being caught between a rock and a hard place.

If they recast T'Challa in the MCU, they get attacked for disrespecting the memory - if they don't reacst, they get attacked for not honouring the character.

They want synergy, above all else, they will sacrifice all sorts of comic published history to get synergy, on the small chance they grab some new readers. If they decided to recast, T'challa in the comics is pretty safe. If they don't, I can see them 'resting' the character for a bit, until they can relaunch the MCU and have a new T'challa that isn't so raw.

it isn't straight up profiteering, it's trying to balance both so you dont piss off the wrong people - but with the backdrop of still wanting to make money from the franchise.

Where I think you are right though is that people aren't stupid, and should be able to tell the difference between MCU and comics. It shouldnt matter if they do totally different things - but history seems to suggest they dont think this is the case.
    Not really, emotions behind it are starting to wane as time goes on and when looking from a logical standpoint of who Chadwick was and what he was trying to do and what he DID say and DO, as well as his own family coming out and support of a Recast. This is more so the results of then making a hasty but MASSIVE business decision to the future of a franchise within basically learning of his passing with everyone else. Moore said they decided in MINUTES a massive decision that has huge ramifications both in and out of universe. They rushed the announcement and now it's biting them in the ass. They can still fix it especially in lieu of Chad's family supporting a recast. They know better than his colleagues about what he would want for the character

Not only that, but who would this be for? The handful of Storm fans? BP fans don't want this and it's only Storm fans who seem to benefit from this, but it would even be. Good thing. In that podcast what Hickman was saying about the story unfolding doesn't even SOUND good. It makes T'Challa and Storm look bad BUT we know because it's the x office, they would find a way to exonerate Storm of any blame and somehow put it all on T'Challa " He told me he had vibranium laced rubbers on, he lied to me!"

Or some dumb ****. Also like you said before, the fact that they went ahead with it and were already halfway through the book before deciding to run it B editorial is Super disrespectful to the BP franchise. HE DON'T NEED HER or the x office. He is literally the biggest Solo hero of all time. There's nothing to gain from that. Good thing editorial **** that isht down
    T'Challa would have been beyond nerfed. You know they would have made the child an outcast in Wakanda, since you know, Wakanda hates mutants and everything.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    We’ve gotten references to the IGEW and T’Challa’s romance with Storm has been touched on repeatedly. I think it’s very purposeful that books like Avengers, SWORD, and Invaders will note major developments like those but not the new democracy. Wakanda being a democracy doesn’t fundamentally change the way a BP story operates if a writer just ignores it. The main way T’Challa’s “kingly” aspects are explored is when he does foreign policy (conversing with other nations, giving support to the Avengers, etc.) and mobilizes the military. Nothing about Wakanda being a democracy changes his ability to do those things. T’Challa became the main political backer of Aaron’s Avengers and Agents of Wakanda without a single reference to the Parliament. He’s fought off like 4 alien invasions since 2017 without having to debate with any elected officials and the list goes on.

I’m not saying the democracy is a good idea or that I want it to stick around (I would’ve torched it and mocked it on panel before going back to T’Challa being the only authority). But I don’t see Marvel saying “democracy doesn’t work, one man should have all the power and the lesbians that fought T’Challa were wrong”. Once you open that can of worms, short of a reboot I don’t see then turning back on A Nation Under Our Feet. What I can see is it being ignored. That’s how Coates did it and how I expect Ridley to approach it when it’s no longer needed as a framing device.
    T'Challa's romance with Storm is only mentioned in an X-book and that just to throw shade his way. I wish Ridley would stay away from it altogether. Name dropping the IGEW isn't really much until they actually do something with it.

Such a major status quo shake-up should be acknowledged(T'Challa doesn't rule Wakanda? He's just a figurehead?) but is pretty much ignored. Even in the solo, they want to give the impression that T'Challa still runs things so again, why continue with the democracy if they are going to make it inconsequential.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by mbeezy561 View Post
    I wouldn't mind them having a child, I think it's a great idea that would make for interesting stories. Plenty of mainstream heroes had children that went on to have very successful stories and be very successful characters Damian Wayne, Skaar, Jonathan Kent, Mayday , Franklin , Valeria, the list goes on and the fact that T'challa doesn't have a heir and a spare is a bit of a problem for a reigning King. But i do agree the execution of the story needs to be good, like it shouldn't be an ass pull.
    All of them belong under the SAME franchise.

That is done for a reason as rights beyond comics vary.

As TOXIC as the X-Office and some fans have been to black males-we don't need to give them ammo with a kid. The line of black girl toxic magic that would submit resumes to write Storm just going off on how much of a deadbeat BP is would be down the street.

If folks are so desperate for Black Panther to have a Damian or Franklin-we can fix that without Storm.

Let him ADOPT-we got plenty of black males who are BLANK SLATES that no one is using.

Judge from Miles Morales
    Troop from Luke Cage
    A resurrected Mettle
    Celia Jackson (Black Goliath's former GF) has a nephew
    Aegis
    Zip Zap from Ultraverse
    Tyrone Jessup
    Atlanta Blur

Or just train his cousin from Ms Marvel's book.

We can find somebody.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Here is how it benefits Marvel-

Wakanda with no living King mean OPEN SEASON for whatever villain from Doom to Serpent Society to Wrecking Crew to the Empire from Star Wars to come a knocking and taking over.

Which leaves you with a few options......

The X-Men lead by Storm are moving to protect you and you have no say because Coates says you worship HER.
    Hello STEALTH BLACK LEAD X-MEN book using Black Panther's name. Suddenly Monet, Prodigy, Gentle and Synch can find a writer.

Skulls come a visit hello ALL BLACK LEAD SUPER HERO TEAM-like we saw from Coates's last few issues. NOW you have justification for an all black team.
    Hello STEALTH BLACK LEAD BOOK & DUMPING ground for BLACK characters using Black Panther's name.

Wheel of RULERS 2-No King? It's the Royal Rumble-you 30 participants include Alex Wilder, Blue Marvel, Thunderball, Cardiac, Prowler 1 & 2, Rocket Racer, Blade, Tombstone, Cottonmouth, Black Mariah and any one else even if it's OUT of character.

Black Girl Magic-who runs Wakanda? GIRL? Who runs Wakanda? GIRLS. Who run this motha? Girls! Who run this motha? Girls! Who run this motha? Girls!
    Queen Shuri, Storm, Riri, Monet, Moon Girl, Misty, Monica and Wildstreak?

And what would be WORST-Wakanda OPENS the doors to black folks to be a SAFE SPACE from white supremacy.

It benefits Marvel because NOW you have a place to DUMP black characters and NOT greenlight black lead books beyond Miles, Luke, Rhodey and Falcon.
    It benefits Marvel because NOW you send some of those black mutants away like Tempo or Tag or SYNCH.
    It panders to those who don't want US in certain books. Other than Jean who got more complaints in that X-Men book SYNCH.
    It panders to certain segments of Black Twitter and Black Girl Magic.

Not ONE of these ideas I list would be a book I would NOT want to read. Why?

STEALTH BLACK LEAD BOOK & DUMPING ground for BLACK characters using Black Panther's name.