Page 73 of 955 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123173573 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 14314

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Prepare yourself bro. Its happening.
    As I said I am reserving until it's confirmed by marvel and not by some random ass tweet

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    Im VERY happy sam is Cap again. Imo he should've never stopped being Cap. BP being in the book is just icing.

And I'm fine with interesting new aspects to the mythos including new characters. I'll give em a chance. Say what you will about Coates but his and Stelfreezes designs for the look of wakanda and the everyday tech(like the Kimora beads) are now mainstays and will probably be present in every version of BP for the rest of time. Plus, yeah, the royalties.

Thought I have to wonder if you get royalties for creating objects or features rather than characters?
    I doubt it, Marvel barely pays royalties for actually creating the characters lol

Their contracts put that **** on lock. If you create for Marvel, it is Marvels.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    No BP dialogue is as cringe worthy as Hudlin
    I mean, it has always been a common criticism of Hudln's BP that his T'challa was too "American Black"

The Swag was part of the reason it resonated with people though.

Sometimes people just want ot be entertained lol

Ridley's dialogue doesn't come off as "black" it just comes off as weird sometimes. He'll have normal tchalla voice and then drop a line and it is like "... huh" lol. Hudlin was Hudlin Panther through and through.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Pairing up Blue Marvel and BP is a natural fit given the archetypes the two are drawing on, but I guarantee you definitely see a fight between the two at some point. Too tempting to pass up. Could be fun but if BM gets treated anything like his counterpart over at DC, I don’t think his fans would be too happy for long…
    Adam barely has any fans so it is fine lol.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    No BP dialogue is as cringe worthy as Hudlin
    *coghKirbycough*

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I mean, it has always been a common criticism of Hudln's BP that his T'challa was too "American Black"

Ridley's dialogue doesn't come off as "black" it just comes off as weird sometimes. He'll have normal tchalla voice and then drop a line and it is like "... huh" lol. Hudlin was Hudlin Panther through and through.

Lol....ouch baby, ouch

Same with Monica Rambeau, so T'Challa could take his girl too

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

spoilers:
    I was told Storm is actually barely in the issue but T'challa is still on mars at the end. But they are still a couple/together
    end of spoilers
    goddess be praised!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    Should we be concerned about Ridley?
    I am already kinda concerned....I had very high expectations.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    I am already kinda concerned....I had very high expectations.
    why are you concerned?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Mighty Member

Hudln's BP was black through and through...not "American black"....that terms fits that whatever style dialogue Ridley is using

Blue Marvel has fans....never doubt it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    why are you concerned?
    I expected better more intriguing plot......but it's yet another tear down Tchalla type thing. Uuurrgh!!!!

And the dialogue is terribly odd written for Tchalla.

And what is this best friend of Tchalla we have never seen or heard of?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    Wasn't Blue Marvel supposed to be doing something with Jimmy Woo and Night Thrasher?
    Exactly.....Al Ewing seemed to have been working on something....it seems Marvel editorial said no and pushed him into X-verse instead.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    *coghKirbycough*
    I would add Don Mac, not because of the dialect but because he was too damn wordy!!!!!!!!

Here is an example of a Don Mac BP story:

[Late at night while Wakanda slumbers, it's king prowls the streets ever alert for threats to his kingdom!]

"As I prowl the midnight air I cannot help but wonder.... does Monica dream of me as she sleeps soundly? I have kept her close to me even as my own people rebel against one whom I love so deeply. But alas, I cannot give in to despair nor can I lose hope, for one day a queen will sit 'pon the throne of Wakanda beside me. A queen that will at long last bring me the happiness that has eluded me since the death of my father lo those many years ago. I can only hope that one day, my people will accept her and love her as I do."

[Random dude from out of nowhere jumps out and attacks T'Challa ripping the habit to shreds as they tumble down a cliff.]

"Who is my assailant? Who would dare attack me while I am alone in thought? Has some new threat emerged against me or is this another ancient adversary who would wish harm to Wakanda and her king? I must find the answers quickly before I am overwhelmed by my enemy's cowardly attack! The strength of my enemy is formidable but still...it is no match for one who has been blessed with the power of the heart-shaped herb and whose ancestors built a powerful nation that has never yielded to any foe! I am T'Challa! Son of T'Chaka! I am the King of Wakanda and woe to any who would dare attack me in this, my ancestral home!"

[After a mighty struggle in which the unknown assailant nearly chokes the life out of T'Challa, for no apparent reason a kid walks by and threatens to beat the bad guy up. This cause bad guy to get distracted and T'Challa summons all of his remaining strength to free himself and take out his enemy with one final blow. The deadly enemy is revealed to be...Goon Slam Gary!]

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Maybe he should bleach his skin....

Or dress as Batman.....
    Well, there is already a black batman, so......?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I would add Don Mac, not because of the dialect but because he was too damn wordy!!!!!!!!

Here is an example of a Don Mac BP story:

[Late at night while Wakanda slumbers, it's king prowls the streets ever alert for threats to his kingdom!]

"As I prowl the midnight air I cannot help but wonder.... does Monica dream of me as she sleeps soundly? I have kept her close to me even as my own people rebel against one whom I love so deeply. But alas, I cannot give in to despair nor can I lose hope, for one day a queen will sit 'pon the throne of Wakanda beside me. A queen that will at long last bring me the happiness that has eluded me since the death of my father lo those many years ago. I can only hope that one day, my people will accept her and love her as I do."

[Random dude from out of nowhere jumps out and attacks T'Challa ripping the habit to shreds as they tumble down a cliff.]

"Who is my assailant? Who would dare attack me while I am alone in thought? Has some new threat emerged against me or is this another ancient adversary who would wish harm to Wakanda and her king? I must find the answers quickly before I am overwhelmed by my enemy's cowardly attack! The strength of my enemy is formidable but still...it is no match for one who has been blessed with the power of the heart-shaped herb and whose ancestors built a powerful nation that has never yielded to any foe! I am T'Challa! Son of T'Chaka! I am the King of Wakanda and woe to any who would dare attack me in this, my ancestral home!"

[After a mighty struggle in which the unknown assailant nearly chokes the life out of T'Challa, for no apparent reason a kid walks by and threatens to beat the bad guy up. This cause bad guy to get distracted and T'Challa summons all of his remaining strength to free himself and take out his enemy with one final blow. The deadly enemy is revealed to be...Goon Slam Gary!]
    I don't mind worst if it's thoughts.

That Goon Slam Gary at the end caught me off-guard ....ROFL....ROFL!!!!!

However, TNC/Coates will forever be remembered as cementing Goon Slam Gary to BP.