Page 8 of 955 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108508 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    T'Challa would have been beyond nerfed. You know they would have made the child an outcast in Wakanda, since you know, Wakanda hates mutants and everything.
    By the sounds of it, likely be some growing up on the streets and then realize he is royalty like the bullisht BP story of the 90s that Snipes shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Here is how it benefits Marvel-

Wakanda with no living King mean OPEN SEASON for whatever villain from Doom to Serpent Society to Wrecking Crew to the Empire from Star Wars to come a knocking and taking over.

Which leaves you with a few options......

The X-Men lead by Storm are moving to protect you and you have no say because Coates says you worship HER.
    Hello STEALTH BLACK LEAD X-MEN book using Black Panther's name. Suddenly Monet, Prodigy, Gentle and Synch can find a writer.

Skulls come a visit hello ALL BLACK LEAD SUPER HERO TEAM-like we saw from Coates's last few issues. NOW you have justification for an all black team.
    Hello STEALTH BLACK LEAD BOOK & DUMPING ground for BLACK characters using Black Panther's name.

Wheel of RULERS 2-No King? It's the Royal Rumble-you 30 participants include Alex Wilder, Blue Marvel, Thunderball, Cardiac, Prowler 1 & 2, Rocket Racer, Blade, Tombstone, Cottonmouth, Black Mariah and any one else even if it's OUT of character.

Black Girl Magic-who runs Wakanda? GIRL? Who runs Wakanda? GIRLS. Who run this motha? Girls! Who run this motha? Girls! Who run this motha? Girls!
    Queen Shuri, Storm, Riri, Monet, Moon Girl, Misty, Monica and Wildstreak?

And what would be WORST-Wakanda OPENS the doors to black folks to be a SAFE SPACE from white supremacy.

It benefits Marvel because NOW you have a place to DUMP black characters and NOT greenlight black lead books beyond Miles, Luke, Rhodey and Falcon.
    It benefits Marvel because NOW you send some of those black mutants away like Tempo or Tag or SYNCH.
    It panders to those who don't want US in certain books. Other than Jean who got more complaints in that X-Men book SYNCH.
    It panders to certain segments of Black Twitter and Black Girl Magic.

Not ONE of these ideas I list would be a book I would NOT want to read. Why?

STEALTH BLACK LEAD BOOK & DUMPING ground for BLACK characters using Black Panther's name.

You kill off TChalla, you lose the biggest draw of the franchise. Most of those other ideas either wouldn’t work, or they wouldn’t generate enough revenue. You think they want to make black characters so insignificant that badly? I don’t......
    Last edited by Vanguard; 01-03-2022 at 03:50 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Being a king doesn't seem to be a problem in any other franchise except for this one. Someone high up at Marvel has an issue with TChalla ruling wakanda and that's probably the reason we got coats to begin with. Now there seems to be a desire to turn wakanda into a hero unto itself remodel can funnel all of their diversity driven projects and talk.. Wauconda has never been the hero of this story and has to be dragged along screaming and kicking by t'challa. Trying to make it a heroic place is only going to open it up like Disneyland for the rest of the Marvel Universe
    I think a lot of that really and truly had to do with Coates personal politics. It's just like how Jason Aaron's atheism eventually got the better of him and kind of derailed his Thor book (Odinson that is not Jane Foster).

Coates has somewhat interesting political perspectives that have been a little controversial in certain circles.

I'm not sure why Marvel handed over very high-profile books to him.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

After reading those "hot takes" about a T'Challa-less Wakanda I thank Bast that Ridley is far better at this writing gig than some of you here. Because nothing he writes could be as utterly baseless and devoid of common sense as what I've read.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Let’s not be dishonest, there are PLENTY of BP fans that prefer T’Challa with Storm lol. They may not post here but there’d be a lot of BP fans who like the direction if Hickman got approval. So it’s not even a matter of whether it’d be popular, more a matter of story and respect. The fact Storm would save her child with T’Challa by herself is wrong. It tells me this was about pushing her and Krakoa forward by using T’Challa’s name and Wakanda’s influence to inflate the importance of the story.

It also makes them look terrible, Marvel surely must’ve been thinking of the optics of having their two most prominent black characters have a child out of wedlock, especially with all the toxicity that had been built up. It’s nasty but it’s not surprising Hickman didn’t think about that before he presented the idea. And it would really mess up Ridley’s story because you can’t ignore T’Challa having a son the way you can ignore a democracy or a space empire. Thank Bast editorial vetoed that whole story lol.
    They'll like it at first. They'll sing songs and dance and praise Hickman for giving them want they want.

But as we've already seen, once Hickman leaves frakkery will happen. They'll break up, the bastard child will be ostracized by the mutant hating Wakandans and T'Challa will not only become a "poor husband" but a poor father too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yeah Wakanda itself was never interesting last unconquered advanced African nation. I don't need to know the names of every tribe and what they think of everything that takes place. I also don't care to see them vote on stuff either. I care about T'Challa and his adventures and how he rules Wakanda taking on threat's to the nation and the world itself. Don't need to know what R'Redshirt thinks of the Wakandan government.

Like you said they are xenophobic. They DON'T want to interact with the rest of the world, they are more than happy to let the world burn so long as Wakanda stays out of it. It can be a beacon of hope without being THE hub for everything Black. That's stupid and not what it's supposed to bee
    Wakanda was/is interesting. Wakanda was something that you didn't see in comics. It wasn't Asgard. It wasn't Atlantis. It wasn't Attilan.

The problem began when storywise, writers made T'Challa serve Wakanda instead of the other way around. Wakanda can be interesting but it should never surpass T'Challa. It can be a springboard for other characters but T'Challa should never just be another character in Wakanda.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

They'll like it at first. They'll sing songs and dance and praise Hickman for giving them want they want.

But as we've already seen, once Hickman leaves frakkery will happen. They'll break up, the bastard child will be ostracized by the mutant hating Wakandans and T'Challa will not only become a "poor husband" but a poor father too.
    Then it's a good thing that story will never ever come to pass.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

http://https://bleedingcool.com/comi...1-and-venom-1/

Black Panther #1 is getting a second printing as well as a 2nd print variant. I guess this is a good sign.

Black Panther #1 is getting a second printing as well as a 2nd print variant. I guess this is a good sign.
    Good news.

Although I'm relieved the story didn't happen (for a plethora of reasons), Hickman and Ewing both like T'challa so it might not have been so bad if it was handled by them exclusively.

I don't trust them other x writers tho. They would have done something gross 100%5I5s8.png

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    Although I'm relieved the story didn't happen (for a plethora of reasons), Hickman and Ewing both like T'challa so it might not have been so bad if it was handled by them exclusively.

I don't trust them other x writers tho. They would have done something gross 100%5I5s8.png
    Pulp, do you post on the Coli often? lol.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Pulp, do you post on the Coli often? lol.
    lol nah I just like their smileys. Folks on there are kinda backwards tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    After reading those "hot takes" about a T'Challa-less Wakanda I thank Bast that Ridley is far better at this writing gig than some of you here. Because nothing he writes could be as utterly baseless and devoid of common sense as what I've read.
    I think alot of people here could of wrote a 1000% better story than Coates gave us. So far Ridley wants to write T'Challa and make him the focus..no one wants a T'Challa less Wakanda

Things are looking up.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I think alot of people here could of wrote a 1000% better story than Coates gave us. So far Ridley wants to write T'Challa and make him the focus..no one wants a T'Challa less Wakanda
    Hell, I would argue that some of Coates's ideas didn't entirely suck or at least had potential to make good and compelling stories, only they were undermined by underwhelming writing and characterization for T'Challa (and everyone else involved/associated). The Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda, for example, as the dark side of Wakanda's Afrofuturistic coin --- rather than being untouched and undamaged by Western/European colonialism and imperialism, they ended up replicating its worst excesses --- should have been an epic for the ages that could have redefined and evolved T'Challa's role in the Marvel Universe. Instead, well, we all know how that fizzled out by the end.
    The spider is always on the hunt.