Page 822 of 955 FirstFirst ... 322722772812818819820821822823824825826832872922 ... LastLast
Results 12,316 to 12,330 of 14314

We thought the L T’Challa took against Buffalo Soldier was bad, Namor about to leave T’Challa like this lmfao

That or Ridley decides to have Namor break T’Challa’s back Bane style

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    How is this feud not resolved already?

For fucks sake the Squadron Supreme already had their vengeance and they did it by destroying Atlantis and decapitating Namor in literally the first issue of their series.

Wakanda is fucking pathetic at this point if they can't be bothered to actually wage war against Atlantis like a regular country.
    The thign is... it was.

Wakanda annihilated Atlantis.

Namor was a bitch and sent the black order. Didn't work.

Namor continued being abitch and teamed up wiht the black order, eventualy annihilating Wakanda

T'challa + BB murder combo punked him.

then they "put it aside" and teamed up ala comics. That was the end of it.

Writers have no creativity whatsoever so they keep dragging it back up oer ad over.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    We thought the L T’Challa took against Buffalo Soldier was bad, Namor about to leave T’Challa like this lmfao

Pretty much.

This is the weakest T'challa we've seen since McGregor

He is seemingly not even powered. His fancy suit does... nothing at all. He doesn't have his priest mind. He doesn't have any tech. He deosn't have any weapons.

He doesn't even have his calm demeanor.

Namor will turn him to paste while gloating about it

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

I just want to say I hate HATE hate HATE....that I agree with Chesterfield.....gaht damnit. If only this had TChalla in it...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post

Yea, this is pretty blatant sabotage. The only way T’Challa doesn’t get demolished is if the last 13 issues were all an act and everything has been building towards this because T’Challa has some master plan to get revenge. But based off how he can’t even handle Buffalo Soldier, identify basic combat techniques from his own country, do any high-level science, etc. this is looking to be a complete thrashing. Like this is probably what Ridley wants Tosin to do but can’t because readers won’t stand for a child who just got introduced beating the Black Panther. But Namor? We know he don’t like T’Challa and even on T’Challa’s best day he can barely scratch the man lol.

And MOS is right about Folasade smoothing things over politically. T’Challa is just gonna get his ass beat, get lectured about how he’s the reason Wakanda and Atlantis have issues, then everyone else will save the day. Wouldn’t be surprised if this does end up with some sort of tense alliance or something but I guarantee T’Challa won’t be at the forefront of that, he’s not allowed to be politically savvy or healthily move past his personal issues with other characters.
    Last edited by chief12d; 11-16-2022 at 07:07 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post

Dont bring that Bast forsaken isht on here lol.

I legit wouldn't even be surprised at this point at all... I'm half expecting it. Who likes this even? Who's it for? No one likes it
    It’s not for anyone except people who think lead characters constantly getting debased and insulted is “characterization” and deep writing. We see this justification in this thread from the usual suspects and lots of literary types love that trope, especially when applied to characters like T’Challa. That’s all I’m gonna say lol.

But more generally it’s to create a narrative, likely to justify the future shifts that will be happening to Wakanda in the short and long term. If Marvel wants to justify Tosin taking center stage (be it as the new Black Panther or just its new greatest protector) then he needs wins under his belt. And it’s not enough for him to win, to properly feed the narrative that he’s the best future he needs to be BETTER than T’Challa. So T’Challa losing to what is frankly the most iconic modern rogue he has just for Tosin to even hold his own makes sense. Same goes for Shuri and Folasade. It’s not enhancing T’Challa or spreading the love to his sidekicks, it’s about displacing him via the humiliation and incompetence.

Just watch, at the end of this story Namor is gonna give props to a character. And it won’t be T’Challa.
    Last edited by chief12d; 11-16-2022 at 07:25 PM.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

On a fun note I thought of another villain, also a tribute to the manga Bleach and its antagonist Yhwach

General concept is "Olorun" the King of Light/King of Kings, an ancient enemy king from a time the Gods can barely remember. A lord of an ancient nation that was taken down by the ancestor of the Black Panther.

An attempt to give a big event villain to Black Panther, like how Venom has Knull. That sort of endpoint villain you can make a glorious epic story about.

An insane madman, like Yhwach he constantly talks of peace and how much he hates violence but is a remorseless butcher, willing to immediately kill and mutilate all to achieve ultimate peace under his rule.

Power-wise he manipulates light. He can shape it into whatever weapon he desires and can shoot beams of light out of his fingers that can piece with searing heat or generate explosions. He can also grant powers to others by looking into their soul and this is how he rebuilds his empire. He compares his gifts to being blessed by the stars and considers vibranium similarly blessed.

Appearance wise a cool cloth mask, still thinking of the general shape but maybe something like Grifter from DC's mask and he has a general gold/white color scheme with glorious armor though his actual appearance is that of a bearded old black man with a very trim beard or mustache.

I have a couple cool scenarios thought of. He wakes up in the necropolis and has no idea of his surroundings even when he goes on a rampage in the city. Its only when he's taken down round 1 and he looks upon a masked T'Challa that he's reminded of that man who beat him all those years ago and the scene ends with an ultra menacing line as he finally regains his mind "Ah I am in Wakanda"

If anyone has any thoughts on my idea, I'd be glad to hear them

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    T'challa gets his ass beat.

Tosin rushes in with his much superior powers to knock back namor

Shuri flies in the "new tech" to weaken namor (the same tech thats been around since T'chaka lol)

Folisade comes in and politically saves the day

T'challa slinks away with his head down while Omo, Okoye, Ayo, Aneka, Storm snicker and point and laugh

T'challa goes back to his Hutt on the edge of Wakanda and stares at his photos of Jhai on his cracked screen iphone 9
    Lol...(maniacally) yeah man, all this looks like last episode of Atlanta where Darius was stuck in a chain of bad dreams! ....Hell why can't they get Donald Glover to write BP at least we know he really is talented! This is Coates level of pathetic. Why? Why does marvel want fans to hate T'challa.

Yeah Coates is definitely the lesser of the evils at this point.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Coates genuinely didn't understand or like the character and wakanda and his writing reflected that.

With Ridley it feels like he was literally hired to tear the character apart... with a dash of outright horrific dialog and plot

"I'm not gonna fall for the banana in the tail pipe trick!"

Good try Marvel, good try.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    It’s not for anyone except people who think lead characters constantly getting debased and insulted is “characterization” and deep writing. We see this justification in this thread from the usual suspects and lots of literary types love that trope, especially when applied to characters like T’Challa. That’s all I’m gonna say lol.

But more generally it’s to create a narrative, likely to justify the future shifts that will be happening to Wakanda in the short and long term. If Marvel wants to justify Tosin taking center stage (be it as the new Black Panther or just its new greatest protector) then he needs wins under his belt. And it’s not enough for him to win, to properly feed the narrative that he’s the best future he needs to be BETTER than T’Challa. So T’Challa losing to what is frankly the most iconic modern rogue he has just for Tosin to even hold his own makes sense. Same goes for Shuri and Folasade. It’s not enhancing T’Challa or spreading the love to his sidekicks, it’s about displacing him via the humiliation and incompetence.

Just watch, at the end of this story Namor is gonna give props to a character. And it won’t be T’Challa.
    This run needs to tank and DIE before it gets to that issue. Like, what the fuq is marvel doing? They are taking a very HATED character and pushing him as something that will 1000% crater the franchise if T'Challa is displaced. Ots legit gross how they are treating T'Challa even worse since Chad passed. Atleast before that he was leading the Avengers, now he's no longer chairman off the team, about to be at odds and get his ass beat, and has continued to get ads beatings by the Ziest of Z list who gives a fuqs and it's only hurting the franchise

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    On a fun note I thought of another villain, also a tribute to the manga Bleach and its antagonist Yhwach

General concept is "Olorun" the King of Light/King of Kings, an ancient enemy king from a time the Gods can barely remember. A lord of an ancient nation that was taken down by the ancestor of the Black Panther.

An attempt to give a big event villain to Black Panther, like how Venom has Knull. That sort of endpoint villain you can make a glorious epic story about.

An insane madman, like Yhwach he constantly talks of peace and how much he hates violence but is a remorseless butcher, willing to immediately kill and mutilate all to achieve ultimate peace under his rule.

Power-wise he manipulates light. He can shape it into whatever weapon he desires and can shoot beams of light out of his fingers that can piece with searing heat or generate explosions. He can also grant powers to others by looking into their soul and this is how he rebuilds his empire. He compares his gifts to being blessed by the stars and considers vibranium similarly blessed.

Appearance wise a cool cloth mask, still thinking of the general shape but maybe something like Grifter from DC's mask and he has a general gold/white color scheme with glorious armor though his actual appearance is that of a bearded old black man with a very trim beard or mustache.

I have a couple cool scenarios thought of. He wakes up in the necropolis and has no idea of his surroundings even when he goes on a rampage in the city. Its only when he's taken down round 1 and he looks upon a masked T'Challa that he's reminded of that man who beat him all those years ago and the scene ends with an ultra menacing line as he finally regains his mind "Ah I am in Wakanda"

If anyone has any thoughts on my idea, I'd be glad to hear them
    This is cool. T'Challa needs stuff like this.

I had always though Apocalypse could have been a good villain for T'Challa. He was born in Egypt and may have had many encounters with a fabled nation to the south in his early centuries. (Although my idea of Apocalypse is dead at this point. The last 2 decades have ruined a once great character)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Dude, rape camps, telling rape victims to shut up and accept being raped and killed, had him meet with despots and willingly ignore a WK empire that was a enslaved 5 galaxies... Coates is the WORST, the OG, the grandaddy of isht T'Challa

Sorry Marvel but I'm not about to even entertain the tomfoolery that you're trying to sell. Not trying to read T'Challa getting his ass kicked again and especially not by Namor.