Page 247 of 955 FirstFirst ... 147197237243244245246247248249250251257297347747 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,705 of 14314

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    It't hard to tell right now because things a still pretty vague but
    spoilers:
    It does look like Hunter is planning to at least attack America and he doesn't seem to care too much about which side wins
    end of spoilers
    I dunno know. This seems bigger than anything that he could have done. The kind of resources needed to do something like this would seem more than what he has access to. I still would have hoped it to be spoilers:
    S'yan.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    How are sales for the current run? Last I heard they weren’t looking too hot. The run was marketed pretty heavily as an espionage spy thriller with superheroes but the pacing isn’t significantly better than Coates and a lot of the same mischaracterization and lack of focus is present. Overall this feels like more of a soft reboot of the last half decade of BP comics than the old school revival with fresh elements many were hoping for. So yea, hopefully if that is the end goal the book just gets cancelled or something before it happens lol.
    Sales on the BP book are going to continue to suffer until a writer comes along and put the edge back in T'Challa.

Things seem too safe and generic, like there is no real intensity, no "Most Dangerous Man Alive" in T'Challa anymore.

Sope Dirisu cast as Constantine.

That’s another one of my recast options snatched up by DC. Marvel please slide into Y’lan or Damsons dm’s so they can play the king for Black Panther 3.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Sales on the BP book are going to continue to suffer until a writer comes along and put the edge back in T'Challa.

Things seem too safe and generic, like there is no real intensity, no "Most Dangerous Man Alive" in T'Challa anymore.
    Another civil war doesn’t help but if your gonna do a storyline with [REDACTED] as the villain, you got a civil war.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post

That’s another one of my recast options snatched up by DC. Marvel please slide into Y’lan or Damsons dm’s so they can play the king for Black Panther 3.
    DC snapping up the prospects while the MCU sits on their hands. It doesn’t prevent them from being cast but scheduling and burn out could become an issue. Congrats to Sope tho

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    Lmao I wish redjack would swoop in and save the day. Ironically enough this does kinda explain the delay before the run began. I wonder if the pacing issues stem from trying to line things up as well. Might explain why Redjack got passed over if he had plans that involved T’Challa prospering. We’re captive passengers on a bus that has a bomb in it lol

I would say give Redjack a shot too. He seems to understand what people want to see from TChalla.

Okay, folks, a reminder.

This is an Appreciation Thread. That means...Appreciate

No taking shots at each other, no insulting the characters, the actors or the creators.

Thanks!
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

DC snapping up the prospects while the MCU sits on their hands. It doesn’t prevent them from being cast but scheduling and burn out could become an issue. Congrats to Sope tho
    Eh, I'm very quick to go to bat for DC, but I don't think Marvel has much to worry about here. Especially, in light of recent news.

spoilers:
    "timeless" already teased T’Challa sacrificing himself. I was wondering how they were gonna do it if they were serious
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Isn't timeless an alt universe thing though? I am didn't think it was actually canon
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    I would say give Redjack a shot too. He seems to understand what people want to see from TChalla.
    spoilers:
    Marvel has a specific direction that clashed with what redjack wanted to do. Someone here said Ridley’s run might lead to a world war wakanda event where T’Challa dies. "Timeless" already teased T’Challa sacrificing himself. The dots are starting to connect or maybe I’m just paranoid.

Redjack’s king in black tie in was excellent they really should have given him the book and canned whatever nefarious plans they currently have for BP
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    spoilers:
    I don’t have much confidence in that direction because I don’t think Ridley and Onyebuchi are up to the challenge. If Ewing or Hickman were laying the foundation of a World War Wakanda story I’d be cautiously optimistic but Ridley’s been delivering B- work and Onyebuchi’s writing of BP has been mediocre at best. So hope I didn’t come off too optimistic lol, more just waiting to see what happens. We don’t know everything that’s in play just yet and sometimes weak stories can get turned around so it’s just a matter of seeing what they bring to the table these next few months. If better creators get in on this story (like Ewing or Donny Cates) then I’ll get really interested
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    what a shitty situation to be in..it seems that Marvel had deemed the Black Panther franchise as the one where any neophyte can dip their toes on and run roughshod or retell the same stories but shittier as of late. And I agree, neither one show they are up front he challenge. The ONLY thing I can think of is Tochi trying to set up Hunter more with the retelling to tie into Ridley's story. But even then this is so low scale and poorly paced that it's just meh. Ridley should of came out the gate running and instead he stumbled and is jogging at his leisure
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Marvel has a specific direction that clashed with what redjack wanted to do. Someone here said Ridley’s run might lead to a world war wakanda event where T’Challa dies. "Timeless" already teased T’Challa sacrificing himself. The dots are starting to connect or maybe I’m just paranoid.

Redjack’s king in black tie in was excellent they really should have given him the book and canned whatever nefarious plans they currently have for BP
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Isn't timeless set in an alternate universe though?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post

Ahhh Man, that's Aldis, Yahya, and now Sope. DC isn't fooling around... Yes PLEASE Marvel get Y'lan, or Damson, or Trevante in here. COME ON!

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    spoilers:
    Isn't timeless an alt universe thing though? I am didn't think it was actually canon
    end of spoilers

It teased stuff like the new iron fist, current iron man storyline, punisher, reckoning war, etc. I think it’s canon unfortunately…

It teased stuff like the new iron fist, current iron man storyline, punisher, reckoning war, etc. I think it’s canon unfortunately…
    ... Wow. That's... Unfortunate...