Page 402 of 955 FirstFirst ... 302352392398399400401402403404405406412452502902 ... LastLast
Results 6,016 to 6,030 of 14314

Difference is that the T’Challa that keeps secrets and has a plan for everything is probably gone. Getting closer and closer to coogler’s T’Challa

Oh T’Challa is back in the avengers after a few months and isn’t the leader anymore. What a coincidence. At least him being in the background of covers will make canonical sense now

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Oh boy I can’t wait for T’Challa to possibly get linked in this upcoming cap book. *sighs*
    Actually it's good for BP. Lately he's been done a lot better in other titles than in his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Actually it's good for BP. Lately he's been done a lot better in other titles than in his own.
    Yeah except that the cap books writer is the same one that wrote BP legends. You know the story that made Shuri even more of a parasite.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    Difference is that the T’Challa that keeps secrets and has a plan for everything is probably gone. Getting closer and closer to coogler’s T’Challa

Oh T’Challa is back in the avengers after a few months and isn’t the leader anymore. What a coincidence. At least him being in the background of covers will make canonical sense now
    Coogler T'challa woulda found those rape camps and killed everyone there and then go home and hang out with Nakia all night.

T'Chadwick ain't nothing like T'Coates and T'Ridley lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    How groundbreaking! T'Challa loses the throne after a civil war. That's NEVER been done before!
    Don't forget, this is RIGHT after he just got it back too! This is new territory!

Nah this is actually getting closer to Coates T'Challa, the chump who takes blame for everything and just accepts it like a damn punching bag. And let's people gaslight him into taking blame for their frak ups. T'Chadwick is better than this nonsense

Astonishing Member

T’Challa leaving the Avengers doesn’t make sense lol. He’s a far less hands-on leader than Cap to begin with. Aaron’s approach to T’Challa seemed to account for how he’s a king and wouldn’t have a bunch of free time to lead every mission, that’s why we see him politicking and doing more strategy than Cap normally does. Ridley’s arc shouldn’t have had as much influence as it did. A small insurrection from his spies is the kind of thing you’d expect him to be dealing with when he’s not leading space missions or attacks against Atlantis.

I’m not even sure who’s decision it was, does it really make sense for Ridley to have T’Challa lose his chairmanship or was it an order from editorial since they didn’t want T’Challa playing too big a role in Judgment Day and other planned events? T’Challa’s good enough to lead the team in the ongoing but when it comes to events he needs to get sidelined? Very strange behavior from Marvel. They didn’t have an issue with him as leader in the War of Realms tie-ins or Empyre though, so maybe this is Ridley trying to inflate the importance of his book by wrenching the character away from other writers.

Astonishing Member

T’Challa’s gonna be in X-Men Red, expect Ewing to punk him out to Storm like Ridley’s been doing.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    T’Challa’s gonna be in X-Men Red, expect Ewing to punk him out to Storm like Ridley’s been doing.

But I thought Ewing had a reputation of writing a powerful TChalla? And it’s outside of his own book so I don’t expect him to get punked. Please don’t punk him out Ewing. Do you know which issue?
    Last edited by Vanguard; 06-27-2022 at 07:32 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    But I thought Ewing had a reputation of writing a powerful TChalla? And it’s outside of his own book so I don’t expect him to get punked. Please don’t punk him out Ewing. Do you know which issue?
    X-Men Red #4. Ewing’s directly shaded BP on two separate occasions in his recent books. Once when he had Doom say to Storm that as Regent of Mars she was finally more than “a king’s wife” and again when in a data page by Abigail Brand she said she was expecting the Queen of Wakanda to be her pawn, not the Queen of the Morlocks. In an interview he basically said Storm was made less than what she was when she was in T’Challa’s book because he’s the star.

He further clarified his “Queen of Wakanda” remarks to say it meant she wouldn’t just rubber stamp what the supposed main character wanted. He clearly has a chip on his shoulder regarding the relationship and now that they’re on the same “level” as cosmic leaders I definitely expect him to have Storm throw it in T’Challa’s face.

On top of that, he’s a continuity junky. In the recent BP books it’s been revealed that her student, Gentle, was a spy for T’Challa. She’s been shown as mad and betrayed at T’Challa’s secrecy. No reason to think that won’t come up, since he’s said in the past he’s aware of the BP office’s plans. The premise of the issue is Storm confronting a Galactic Illuminati. So I suspect T’Challa’s pulling some scheme in space with some cosmic leaders and Storm’s not happy, so she’ll put him in his place and call him out on the BS (bc I guarantee whatever he’s planning won’t be a good idea) Basically a reversal of what T’Challa did when he first got asked to join the Illuminati but with a bit more “I don’t need no man”/“men ain’t ****” energy.

What I’m more worried about is how he handles the empire. He’s not coming at this story from the perspective of elevating T’Challa and if he’s working with Ridley I don’t trust any of them to handle it in a way that doesn’t make T’Challa look bad.

Still not as bad as what’s gonna happen to T’Challa when he fights Falcon though lol.
    Last edited by chief12d; 06-27-2022 at 07:48 AM.

X-Men Red #4. Ewing’s directly shaded BP on two separate occasions in his recent books. Once when he had Doom say to Storm that as Regent of Mars she was finally more than “a king’s wife” and again when in a data page by Abigail Brand she said she was expecting the Queen of Wakanda to be her pawn, not the Queen of the Morlocks. In an interview he basically said Storm was made less than what she was when she was in T’Challa’s book because he’s the star.

He further clarified his “Queen of Wakanda” remarks to say it meant she wouldn’t just rubber stamp what the supposed main character wanted. He clearly has a chip on his shoulder regarding the relationship and now that they’re on the same “level” as cosmic leaders I definitely expect him to have Storm throw it in T’Challa’s face.

On top of that, he’s a continuity junky. In the recent BP books it’s been revealed that her student, Gentle, was a spy for T’Challa. She’s been shown as mad and betrayed at T’Challa’s secrecy. No reason to think that won’t come up, since he’s said in the past he’s aware of the BP office’s plans. The premise of the issue is Storm confronting a Galactic Illuminati. So I suspect T’Challa’s pulling some scheme in space with some cosmic leaders and Storm’s not happy, so she’ll put him in his place and call him out on the BS (bc I guarantee whatever he’s planning won’t be a good idea) Basically a reversal of what T’Challa did when he first got asked to join the Illuminati but with a bit more “I don’t need no man”/“men ain’t ****” energy.

What I’m more worried about is how he handles the empire. He’s not coming at this story from the perspective of elevating T’Challa and if he’s working with Ridley I don’t trust any of them to handle it in a way that doesn’t make T’Challa look bad.

Still not as bad as what’s gonna happen to T’Challa when he fights Falcon though lol.

I don’t like it when writers have influence on other writers, especially when it’s work like Ridley’s. I can see the “men ain’t ****” narrative playing a part here too, because that seems to be popular right now. I had forgotten about Doom shading TChalla when he spoke to Storm; that also doesn’t bode well for TChalla. Things may very well unfold exactly like you said, but I’m hoping TChalla isn’t jobbing in ALL of these upcoming appearances because I don’t think they can completely job him out in everything.

T’Challa leaving the Avengers doesn’t make sense lol. He’s a far less hands-on leader than Cap to begin with. Aaron’s approach to T’Challa seemed to account for how he’s a king and wouldn’t have a bunch of free time to lead every mission, that’s why we see him politicking and doing more strategy than Cap normally does. Ridley’s arc shouldn’t have had as much influence as it did. A small insurrection from his spies is the kind of thing you’d expect him to be dealing with when he’s not leading space missions or attacks against Atlantis.

I’m not even sure who’s decision it was, does it really make sense for Ridley to have T’Challa lose his chairmanship or was it an order from editorial since they didn’t want T’Challa playing too big a role in Judgment Day and other planned events? T’Challa’s good enough to lead the team in the ongoing but when it comes to events he needs to get sidelined? Very strange behavior from Marvel. They didn’t have an issue with him as leader in the War of Realms tie-ins or Empyre though, so maybe this is Ridley trying to inflate the importance of his book by wrenching the character away from other writers.
    That still doesn't make sense because what Ridley has to much influence he wrenches T'Challas authority as King and chairman? All for a bullshit story that has no stakes, arbitrary inflated risks and fallout for a story that's so messy and doesn't even know what it's trying to be, which appears that it needs a completely second Title all together to try and make sense of it

Ewing has traditional been one of the best T'challa writers the last handful of years.

But any story thta puts Storm and T'challa anywhere near each other has not ended well for T'challa in a very very very very long time.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

At some point these writers and editors have to stop and say "okay we gotta do SOMETHING for T'Challa because this hate fest has to lead to something. He can't just take Ls all the time. I hope Ridley pulls his head out of his ass and actually tells a T'Challa story and not a Wakanda/OC story that no one actually cares about. What's so hard about elevating T'Challa?there's tons of stories left to tell Still

The T'challa that has contingencies is gone after this arc which is closer to coogler's t'challa. Coogler's T'challa wasn't a chess master at all and Ridley has painted him being one as negative that lost him his kingdom and avenger role. His strategic mind has been handicapped