Page 49 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Seems like this Iron-man story got alot more positive feedback and fans loving it compare to previous runs after Fractions with the only hiccup mentioned is the mischaracterization of Cardiac in a minor fight scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Seems like this Iron-man story got alot more positive feedback and fans loving it compare to previous runs after Fractions with the only hiccup mentioned is the mischaracterization of Cardiac in a minor fight scene.
    I think it’s been nothing short of stellar. He has broken down Tony psyche in such a rich and impactful way. Issue 14 were he first is shown touching the power cosmic and going back to his childhood showing how he was left to his own devices was very poignant. Issue 18 was similar. I loved how it went over Armor Wars and Operation Galactic Storm and some of the very important decisions Tony has made. A lot of them I still agree with. Overall the art has been beautiful. Especially CAFU’s issues. I can’t say enough about his work. I didn’t have any trepidation when it was said that Cantwell was going to take over. He had written my favorite show at the time. Reading the solicits I’m very enthused that it will continue for Tony’s future.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 05-01-2022 at 11:43 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

"We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    One of my favorite scenes in Avengers: Infinity War, the unveiling of the Bleeding Edge nanotech armor.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    One of my favorite scenes in Avengers: Infinity War, the unveiling of the Bleeding Edge nanotech armor.
    One of my favorite scenes as well. I was a total fanboy when this happened in the theaters lol.

I love how they got along and worked together at the beginning of Endgame. Nebula had a great character arc and I don't think she gets the credit she's due.
    Started as a villain, ended up pulling a heel face turn in the Guardians sequel because the crew liked Karen Gillan's portrayal so much, then becomes an Avenger in Endgame. Too bad her comic counterpart hasn't benefitted. Didn't she have a comic before COVID that never got completed?

Thanks. We're getting right to the end of the Books of Korvac, aren't we?
    This was the last issue of the arc, yeah.

spoilers:
    And Tony just checked into rehab!
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Started as a villain, ended up pulling a heel face turn in the Guardians sequel because the crew liked Karen Gillan's portrayal so much, then becomes an Avenger in Endgame. Too bad her comic counterpart hasn't benefitted. Didn't she have a comic before COVID that never got completed?

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Sadly, and yeah . . . at least it ended on a hopeful note, though.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Was that a Gremlin that Patsy was driving??

Sadly, and yeah . . . at least it ended on a hopeful note, though.
    Hey if you don't mind. Post some spoilers.

Some spoilers

spoilers:
    It's hard to put in to words but mostly it's Tony talking to Korvac and trying to reason with him. The way I see it Tony is trying to get him to see is having this cosmic power was like Tony's armor. It insulated him from the pain. Tony brings up Korvac's beginnings and how he had to escape the slaughter of the people of his world by the Badoon. This mostly just increases Korvac's anger until Tony makes him realize he's too scared to be human again. Even during all this Tony's is getting beaten by the now human Korvac. Tony's too weak to fight back much since he is going through morphine withdrawal. Korvac, still in human form, drops him off at a hospital ER and leaves.
    end of spoilers

I think it’s been nothing short of stellar.
    This is my favorite Iron Man run ever, and it’s not close.
    Cheers - CL

I like it too. I like that the writer Christopher Cantwell is heavy on the characterization and the human aspect instead of just fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Some spoilers

spoilers:
    It's hard to put in to words but mostly it's Tony talking to Korvac and trying to reason with him. The way I see it Tony is trying to get him to see is having this cosmic power was like Tony's armor. It insulated him from the pain. Tony brings up Korvac's beginnings and how he had to escape the slaughter of the people of his world by the Badoon. This mostly just increases Korvac's anger until Tony makes him realize he's too scared to be human again. Even during all this Tony's is getting beaten by the now human Korvac. Tony's too weak to fight back much since he is going through morphine withdrawal. Korvac, still in human form, drops him off at a hospital ER and leaves.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Then a week later, Patsy takes him out on a drive - to check in to a rehab centre.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Hey if you don't mind. Post some spoilers.
    Some spoilers

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Then a week later, Patsy takes him out on a drive - to check in to a rehab centre.
    end of spoilers
    That is pretty much how it went. I'd like to think some lingering shred of human conscience ultimately got to Korvac despite everything he'd done to run and hide from his own humanity, and that was the deciding factor in how things ended up.

I like it too. I like that the writer Christopher Cantwell is heavy on the characterization and the human aspect instead of just fights.
    Same here.

More great art of Tony.

I haven't seen too much in the way of new figures though.