Page 20 of 95 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    That looks dumb as hell. Iron Man isn't some Silver Age villain whose answer to every problem is a bigger version of his thematic weapon. He's a cunning and versatile hero who comes at problems from different angles, and often just uses his standard armor to buy himself time to enact some scientific/tactical solution that has nothing to do with armor.

What I'd like to see him do is rebuild the time-machine from issue 59 of Grell's run, and use it to send Hulk a quadrillion years into the future, when the sun has burnt out into a black dwarf and the earth is as lifeless as the moon. Hulk wants to be left alone and he wants to smash. Send him where he is the only one left alive, and he can smash to his heart's content without consequences.
    I completely agree with everything said here.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    A Celestial Hulkbuster armor is coming!
    https://screenrant.com/iron-man-cele...mor-hulk-thor/
    You know what I'd like to see? A Hulkbuster armor that actually works. I'm tired of seeing Tony build these armors only to see them get shredded.

When was the last time a Hulkbuster armor worked? The only thing they're good for is to let writers show how strong the Hulk is when he tears it apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    You know what I'd like to see? A Hulkbuster armor that actually works. I'm tired of seeing Tony build these armors only to see them get shredded.

When was the last time a Hulkbuster armor worked? The only thing they're good for is to let writers show how strong the Hulk is when he tears it apart.
    I hate that they make Stark play Hulk's game like an idiot. Stark isn't a musclehead, he's a scientific and tactical supergenius. He'd attack Hulk by some method that strength can't counter.

What should happen is that Stark seemingly comes after Hulk in his standard armor, but it's just a trick to get Hulk into range to hit him with a time-machine gizmo that sends Hulk a quadrillion years into the future, or something equally beyond countering with muscle.

But no, instead we will get Stark fighting like a complete moron, just trying to out-muscle Hulk with a bigger-than-ever-armor that Hulk will just smash. The issue isn't even out yet and I am already bored to tears with it.
    Last edited by MichaelC; 02-03-2022 at 06:40 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I hate that they make Stark play Hulk's game like an idiot. Stark isn't a musclehead, he's a scientific and tactical supergenius. He'd attack Hulk by some method that strength can't counter.

What should happen is that Stark seemingly comes after Hulk in his standard armor, but it's just a trick to get Hulk into range to hit him with a time-machine gizmo that sends Hulk a quadrillion years into the future, or something equally beyond countering with muscle.

But no, instead we will get Stark fighting like a complete moron, just trying to out-muscle Hulk with a bigger-than-ever-armor that Hulk will just smash. The issue isn't even out yet and I am already bored to tears with it.
    At least World War Hulk had the decency to explain, albeit in a tie-in comic, that the Hulkbuster there only failed because it'd been sabotaged by a Fifty-State Initiative trainee who was in HYDRA's pocket.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    At least World War Hulk had the decency to explain, albeit in a tie-in comic, that the Hulkbuster there only failed because it'd been sabotaged by a Fifty-State Initiative trainee who was in HYDRA's pocket.
    I heard that the writer of the main book was mad about that. He wanted to write Stark just being a moron and Hulk unambiguously smashing him, and was angry that that had been subverted. Drives me nuts that writers think it's a good idea to have Stark just be a moron and actually get angry that someone gave the story some nuance.

We are in agreement here. I want to see the Hulkbuster actually bust the Hulks ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Very ecstatic to see I’m not the only one that knows this fact. I have the tie in and would tell people that Tony was about to put Hulk in his place and they wouldn’t accept it. If Hardball didn’t take the nanites Hulk was going to lose. It was the same nanites that Tony used to take She-Hulks powers from here. Tony had already tested and made correct assessments that they would take Hulks most staunchest enemies powers too.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Well, Al Ewing got it right from Immortal Hulk #7 when, after the obligatory trashing of yet another Hulkbuster armor, Tony employed Code Helios, an avenue of last resort orbital super weapon which hit Hulk with a shitton of UV rays that microwaved him to a crisp (while destroying a small midwestern town) from when sunlight was his only weakness.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 02-04-2022 at 02:32 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Current Iron Man writer Christopher Cantwell has been given another book. Obi-Wan. I guess someone in editorial liked Tony's cosmic adventures, hence them giving him a Star Wars title.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Well, Al Ewing got it right from Immortal Hulk #7 when, after the obligatory trashing of yet another Hulkbuster armor, Tony employed Code Helios, an avenue of last resort orbital super weapon which hit Hulk with a shitton of UV rays that microwaved him to a crisp (while destroying a small midwestern town) from when sunlight was his only weakness.
    I purchased that issue because Tony and the Avengers were in it. Of course I would have preferred the Hulkbuster to be successful. The Code Helios worked amazing well and it literally killed the Hulk.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

We are in agreement here. I want to see the Hulkbuster actually bust the Hulks ass.

Very ecstatic to see I’m not the only one that knows this fact. I have the tie in and would tell people that Tony was about to put Hulk in his place and they wouldn’t accept it. If Hardball didn’t take the nanites Hulk was going to lose. It was the same nanites that Tony used to take She-Hulks powers from here. Tony had already tested and made correct assessments that they would take Hulks most staunchest enemies powers too.
    Writers just fall into the same old tropes. "Hey! Let's build a bigger armor than the last armor that failed!"

And like alot of you have said, they don't seem interested in Tony having a well thought out strategy when it comes to the Hulk. Just more armor.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Writers just fall into the same old tropes. "Hey! Let's build a bigger armor than the last armor that failed!"

And like alot of you have said, they don't seem interested in Tony having a well thought out strategy when it comes to the Hulk. Just more armor.
    Perhaps writers and editors are under the impression, correct or not, that bigger and badder armors are what readers want to see. I mean, between Tony, Reed and T’Challa, they could’ve have come up with an idea like, say, introducing nanobots into the Hulk’s bloodstream to muck around with him? But hey, that isn’t as much fun as a mindless knock down, drag out slugfest. SMDH.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Perhaps writers and editors are under the impression, correct or not, that bigger and badder armors are what readers want to see. I mean, between Tony, Reed and T’Challa, they could’ve have come up with an idea like, say, introducing nanobots into the Hulk’s bloodstream to muck around with him? But hey, that isn’t as much fun as a mindless knock down, drag out slugfest. SMDH.
    That's probably right. I guess to them, it's not about Tony winning the fight, it's about him creating this "badass" armor so that it can get shredded by The Hulk. Again.

A Celestial Hulkbuster armor is coming!
    https://screenrant.com/iron-man-cele...mor-hulk-thor/
    Cates really stretching how far he can take this Hulk run.

Hey, Is Chirstoper Cantwell the worst Iron Man writer? Has he destroyed Tony Stark?

Quote Originally Posted by JorgeJ77 View Post
    Hey, Is Chirstoper Cantwell the worst Iron Man writer? Has he destroyed Tony Stark?
    No, he's actually doing a very good job with his Iron Man run.