Page 22 of 95 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    That's the point. It should feel rushed. These are not people who are healthy or stable. They shouldn't get married. Tony and Patsy have just been through the ringer together and the only way Tony can think of keeping something or someone stable in his life who he thinks is Patsy is to marry her.
    Exactly. This is Tony grasping for stability, and making an impulsive decision -- not necessarily a good decision. And just because Tony proposes doesn't necessarily mean Patsy will accept. Given that she has two failed marriages behind her, both of which ended VERY badly, I don't know that she'll even be willing to get married again. We'll see.

I do think Patsy will have concerns about Tony's motivation for asking her though.

Absolutely this is a VERY quick jump forward in the relationship. Although this relationship will have been building across 19 issues by that point, it has all been one big arc--so it has been a relatively short period of time, and Tony and Patsy have actually been kept apart for chunks of it (when Tony was stranded on that alien world, for example). Granted, some people DO fall in love very quickly sometimes--but this proposal is almost certainly more about Tony's emotional insecurity at the end of the Korvac ordeal than it is about actual love.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I can agree that it seems a little rushed, especially with Tony proposing to Patsy(where is Pepper?).
    What does Pepper have to do with it? Aside from the MCU, Pepper really doesn't have much of anything to do with Tony's romantic life. They are friends and that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    What does Pepper have to do with it? Aside from the MCU, Pepper really doesn't have much of anything to do with Tony's romantic life. They are friends and that's all.
    ??? Tony and Pepper are friends, have had a romantic relationship and Pepper is probably his oldest friend. Of course she's going to have an opinion about what Tony is doing and maybe wondering why Tony proposed. She might even be a little jealous. Not that hard to see.

It would be kind of fun to see some of the other ladies in Tony's life have an opinion about this .

I guess seeing the obvious issues going into the proposal is why I can't really get into it. Like, maybe it makes sense in the context of what Tony's been through and the issues we're seeing are intentional, but I'm just not sure if the relationship has been focused on enough for this in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It would be kind of fun to see some of the other ladies in Tony's life have an opinion about this .

I guess seeing the obvious issues going into the proposal is why I can't really get into it. Like, maybe it makes sense in the context of what Tony's been through and the issues we're seeing are intentional, but I'm just not sure if the relationship has been focused on enough for this in my opinion.
    Like I said, I think it's just knee-jerk reaction on Tony's part. Patsy's smart enough (I would think) to see what it really is and reject Tony's proposal.

Astonishing Member

??? Tony and Pepper are friends, have had a romantic relationship and Pepper is probably his oldest friend. Of course she's going to have an opinion about what Tony is doing and maybe wondering why Tony proposed. She might even be a little jealous. Not that hard to see.
    Ok, I'm with you now. The way your sentence was worded it kind of sounded like you were suggesting he should be proposing to Pepper instead of Patsy. Yes, absolutely Pepper is sure to have an opinion on it, as well as some of Tony's other close friends.

Ok, I'm with you now. The way your sentence was worded it kind of sounded like you were suggesting he should be proposing to Pepper instead of Patsy. Yes, absolutely Pepper is sure to have an opinion on it, as well as some of Tony's other close friends.
    Ahhh, okay we're on the same page.

Exactly. This is Tony grasping for stability, and making an impulsive decision -- not necessarily a good decision. And just because Tony proposes doesn't necessarily mean Patsy will accept. Given that she has two failed marriages behind her, both of which ended VERY badly, I don't know that she'll even be willing to get married again. We'll see.

I do think Patsy will have concerns about Tony's motivation for asking her though.

Absolutely this is a VERY quick jump forward in the relationship. Although this relationship will have been building across 19 issues by that point, it has all been one big arc--so it has been a relatively short period of time, and Tony and Patsy have actually been kept apart for chunks of it (when Tony was stranded on that alien world, for example). Granted, some people DO fall in love very quickly sometimes--but this proposal is almost certainly more about Tony's emotional insecurity at the end of the Korvac ordeal than it is about actual love.
    We’re on the same page. I mean Tony is just coming back from being a GOD and probably still hooked on morphine. How do you handle that?!?!?! You try and grab on to something or someone stable and that’s exactly what’s happening in Tony’s predicament.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Attachment 118095Loved this armor. Loved this series. The Endo-Sym is my 3rd favorite armor of all time. I would be ecstatic if they made a Marvel Legend or Marvel Select of it.
    Same here.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Like I said, I think it's just knee-jerk reaction on Tony's part. Patsy's smart enough (I would think) to see what it really is and reject Tony's proposal.
    They haven't even really dated that much. Like they slept together and are now involved, but that's about it.

They haven't even really dated that much. Like they slept together and are now involved, but that's about it.
    Even them banging was weird. They didn't even seem to like each other, then bam they're in bed together. Wuh????

"We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Funny, things like this happen in real life though. Celebrities tend to do this a lot.

Then a few months maybe a few years, they break up.

That's another nice pic.

Don't forget to post a pic of your iron Man swag.

Funny, things like this happen in real life though. Celebrities tend to do this a lot.

Then a few months maybe a few years, they break up.
    Yeah you’re right. Just 2 people that are really attracted to each slept together. Wasn’t much thinking involved.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

The Stealth Armor! Imagine what James Bond could do with that suit on some of his missions! HA!

Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!