Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
Fellow Natasha fans I have the feeling some of you are jumping through some big logic loopholes to justify her not being an anti-hero when the modern comic version definitely is. It's not an affront to the character. You realize that, right? Like the entire Wolverine family are anti-heroes or in Lauras case at least has been for a very long time.

She kills people in cold blood and not only in a straight up firefight which would be self-defense but also people who are unaware or people who are no longer a threat to her or anyone else. By pretty much every definition of the law that you can find those instances would be labeled as manslaughter or murder.
That was not only true in that Soska mini but also under Edmondson, Waid & Samnee and now under Thompson. Even in stuff like Infinity Countdown: Black Widow it's true. Considering the sheer amount of canon material showing it, I find it odd that I even have to write this.

The MCU version is a different though which is what I was arguing. Obviously as we know the Black Widow movie that we got isn't the one that we should have gotten. But internal politics over at Marvel/Disney prevented anything else. Like I said there are many fans of MCU Black Widow but she never got quite the depth that she should have gotten and that she has in the comics. Even in her own movie the real star was Florence Pugh as Yelena if we are honest. The only thing you pretty much hear about that movie is how great she was. Natasha was just in for the ride. Now don't get me wrong all the praise that Florence Pugh is getting is justified and Im also a fan. I just hope that don't repeat wasting so much potential with her as they did with Natasha. Especially now that we enter a high power phase with the mystical and cosmic side and the multiverse.
Now again it seems like you're defining anti-hero as "hero who's been through it." Laura Kinney is a hero who was formerly under the control of people who used her to do bad things. Natasha does good things for good reasons; she's just ruthless about it. That's not what an anti-hero is.