Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I meant the next minis after Waid/Samee run...I was referring to the phrase "jarring art changes". There's the BW mini from 2019 by Soska Sisters with art by Flaviano. I really liked the story and while I the art wasn't bad per se, I thought that it wasn't a great fit for the character or the story. Then there was Web of Black Widow from 2019. The art by Stephen Mooney was good in the first issue but from three on, it really looked rushed. I'm convinced the editors made him hurry up and get it done so they'd have a trade ready by the time of the original release date of the movie.
    Ah I see what you mean. I don't judge minis by the same standards as bigger series for some reason. Im not sure I will even completely read both of these again.

I can agree with what you are saying though. Art is really subjective but I do prefer art that leans more into the realism angle. Funnily enough the art from Mooney was exactly that.
    You seem to have a better eye for quality shifts than me though. I just opened the first and last issue to compare them and you are right the art does look rushed or less detailed but I didn't notice it in my first reading.

I don't know how you guys think about it but one thing that I really liked about the Mooney art though is that the Widows had an actual athletic build. I could go on huge rant here now since it's a pet peeve of mine but I try to tame myself. If you are on a Olympic level in terms of fitness then you will also have an Olympic level body to go with it. The thing about this is that it's often applied to male characters but not female ones.
    They are often just Barbie dolls instead.

I watched this movie about some female KGB spy once. Don't know the name but it was free on Amazon Prime. Anyways the actress is like a really skinny model. The parts where she seduces people are great. The parts where she beats up entire groups of trained combatants are just so absolutely unbelievable and fake.
    Just look up Alicia Vikander Tomb Raider for what I expect for such a role.
    Last edited by Galerion; 01-19-2022 at 04:44 AM.