Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’m kinda surprised Jack Monroe hasn’t come back yet. Unless I missed that somewhere.
    Yeah, what happened to Jack was sad and I hope that they find a way to bring him back.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I prefer Nomad...but he was not Nomad for that long to really get people to embrace it.
    I know, right?! The one time I enjoyed '70s Nomad was when he made a special appearance in Avengers #131 (January, 1975):

I’d love to see he come back as the Scourge.
    Me too. Best rechristening of a character I've ever seen (IMHO):

Charcoal shouldn't have been so eager. His first death was his last.

The Captain, although I wish he would have had a better moniker. The Captain was just so basic.
    I always thought he sould have gone by Captain Avenger! Keep it pratical. After all, he was Cap, and he was an Avenger.

Peace
    Last edited by Nomads1; 02-11-2022 at 12:02 PM.

I’m kinda surprised Jack Monroe hasn’t come back yet. Unless I missed that somewhere.
    I also miss Jack. I loved him as Scourge. On the Thunderbolts Appreciation Thread, I threw around the idea that the new team could be a bunch of dead heroes returned with new IDs. Jack would be perfect for this. (Rita DeMara would be my second candidate.)

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Charcoal shouldn't have been so eager. His first death was his last.
    Charcoal is another character I wish would make a comeback (though I really don't believe he will).

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I always thought he sould have gone by Captain Avenger! Keep it pratical. After all, he was Cap, and he was an Avenger.

Peace
    "Captain Avenger" isn't a half-bad Superhero name...

Jack would be perfect for this. (Rita DeMara would be my second candidate.)
    Wow, I genuinely thought of her while reading the posts about Nomad because those really are two characters that I'm surprised have stayed dead as long as they have (she had a temporary resurrection in Chaos War that didn't lead to anything). Maybe sooner or later a writer will be in the right place at the right time to do something with them again, like Ewing with Night Thrasher.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I also miss Jack. I loved him as Scourge. On the Thunderbolts Appreciation Thread, I threw around the idea that the new team could be a bunch of dead heroes returned with new IDs. Jack would be perfect for this. (Rita DeMara would be my second candidate.)

Charcoal is another character I wish would make a comeback (though I really don't believe he will).

Peace
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man With The Stick View Post
    Wow, I genuinely thought of her while reading the posts about Nomad because those really are two characters that I'm surprised have stayed dead as long as they have (she had a temporary resurrection in Chaos War that didn't lead to anything). Maybe sooner or later a writer will be in the right place at the right time to do something with them again, like Ewing with Night Thrasher.
    Definitely, and yeah, I'm of the opinion Rita DeMara deserved better than remaining dead after how she went out.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Definitely, and yeah, I'm of the opinion Rita DeMara deserved better than remaining dead after how she went out.
    Absolutely, it was a pretty random throwaway death and considering how most of the other significant events of The Crossing got retconned or reversed (Mantis being evil, Gilgamesh dying, all the Stark twists, Wasp's transformation) it's always seemed odd to me that she got left dead all this time.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Absolutely, it was a pretty random throwaway death and considering how most of the other significant events of The Crossing got retconned or reversed (Mantis being evil, Gilgamesh dying, all the Stark twists, Wasp's transformation) it's always seemed odd to me that she got left dead all this time.
    Same here, yeah.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Preach. It’s so odd. She’s practically a blank slate, so creators could go nuts with her.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Agreed.

Peace

Peace
    Captain Avenger! If they can do Captain Canuck or Captain Krakoa then we can have Captain Avenger.

Yeah, Rita had a lot of potential and she could have done well on any Avengers team. I wonder why they just gave up on her.