Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Default Results: X-Books Awards voting 2021

Here we go people the results of the X-Books Awards voting 2021.

You were able to vote for these the last weeks and as off today I will publish the results.

This also means you can not longer edit your submitted voted.

For those who did miss it: You can still vote here, but only for the yet unpublished categories.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

Extraordinary Member

Funny how it worked out that the boards voting closed the same day the voting for the last member of the new X-team opened. Anyways, thanks for your hard work, Master.

Favorite Ongoing Title of the Year

This year we went through the Realm of X'-era and will now be ready for the next era for the X-books. Some of the current titles will continue the upcoming year, some will end. So which were the most popular ongoings of 2021? Unfortunately all 3 winners have ended and have been relaunched, will be rebranded or have simply cancelled. The winner had more than a 100 points, which is quite unique.

NUMBER 1
    Hellions

With 118 points and 24 number 1 votes (!)

This is the second year in a row Hellions won this category. Sad to see the title just ended. At least we will see some of the cast return is some Destiny of X titles.

NUMBER 2
    S.W.O.R.D

With 59 points and 8 number 1 votes
    Quite a new series, launched late last year has made quite an impression. X-Men in space always had a lot of fans, but now, after waiting for many year, we got it. Sadly the title itself will be cancelled, but we will get a follow-up in Red X-Men, so let uus hope it is as good. Positive: we get the same creative team.

NUMBER3
    X-Men (by Hickman and Dauterman)

With 38 points and 6 number one votes

The number 2 of 2020 made an impression till it ended. Sadly Hickman left us now. So far the New volume seems okay, let us wait and see how well it does in 2022. It was a great creative team and we hope the quality they initiated will remain.

Runners up: New Mutants and X-Factor.
    Last edited by Master of Sound; 01-10-2022 at 08:15 AM.

Least Favorite ongoing of the Year

Besides loving, we also disliked some of the ongoings that have been published in 2021. Like every year, some of the voters did not want to vote for least favorites, as they wanted to stay positive, I do like that positive attitude! Last years number one was Excalibur and honestly, this year that same title was also not many people's favorite. Here are the results;

NUMBER 1
    X-Force

With 90 points and 17 number one votes

Was it the art, was it the writing, was it the characters, or was it simply all? If you put 3 of last years most disliked characters (Logan, Quintin and Hank) in a book, you are kind of asking for it. For me the stories were confusing, the villains like the tree people, the Russian dolls an surfers, were terrible. The title will continue, with largely the same cast. Will it become the least fain 2022? Guess we will see.

NUMBER 2
    Excalubur

With 79 points and also 17 number one voters

It was not a big surprise to find Excalibur in this top 3, as it won this one last year and not much had changed. Though to me personally, it did improve the last few issues. The artist is quite good, let's hope the writing continues to improve when this is relaunched onto Knights of X.

NUMBER 3
    Wolverine

With 23 points and two number one votes

This board has some anti-Wolverine members, who many times before managed to get a Wolverine solo title in this category. To me, so far, it is actually one of the best Wolverine volumes (except for the first ongoing decades ago). But with only 23 anti points, it is not as badly appreciated as Excalibur and X-Force. Now in 2022 Deadpool will be his sidekick and a rumored return of Danger. Will that make the series more appreciated? We will see.

Runner up: Marauders

Pfff, all the counting, recounting, writing took quite some time. I will continue tomorrow.

Extraordinary Member

No real surprise that Hellions literally doubled the 2nd-place book. X-Force worked very hard to earn its title with the terrible Colossus story, completely incompetent heroes, and adamantium surfing, which I vote becomes the X-books equivalent of jumping the shark.

Honestly, when your security force is so bad at what they do that they're getting called out for it by other characters, you've probably taken a wrong turn somewhere...

Thanks for doing this again Master of Sound always enjoy seeing your summary posts of the results.

It's quite impressive that the 3 mostly collectivley liked books are being rebranded/have ended and 2 of the 3 least popular are carrying on regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Honestly, when your security force is so bad at what they do that they're getting called out for it by other characters, you've probably taken a wrong turn somewhere...
    Honestly the best part of Trial of Magneto was Northstar being like... this all happened while y'all were supposed to be on security. Crazy how one S.W.O.R.D. station has more personnel than the entire mutant CIA, that also doubles as it's first line of defense for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by KylunFan View Post
    Thanks for doing this again Master of Sound always enjoy seeing your summary posts of the results.
    Thank you KylunFan

Spectacular Member sensormellow's Avatar

Thanks for this, Master of Sound.

Your commentaries are always SENDING me. Looking forward to the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by sensormellow View Post
    Thanks for this, Master of Sound.

Your commentaries are always SENDING me. Looking forward to the rest.
    You really kind, thank you. Here comes some more results....

Favorite X-One-Shot

Some of the times we do like self contained stories. Nice 1 issue stories, start and finish in one read. No waiting till some weeks later to continue. Of course some are better than others. So which one-shot pleased you all the most? Last year the Sword of X one shots were the big winners. This year we have a winner that left the other one shots far far behind in vote scores.

NUMBER 1
    Planet-Size X-Men: Hellfire Gala
    With 93 points (!) and 18 times voted as number one.

The first time ever we saw a Hellfire Gala and a lot happened in this issue. Lots of costumes, lots of dancing, announcing a brand new X-Men team, oh and in between all the partying, the X-Men made a power play that will reverberate around the entire Marvel Universe. They terraformed Mars so that the mutants have their own planet now.

NUMBER 2
    Marve Voices: Pride

With 35 points and 6 number one voters

The history of Marvels LGBT+ community history explained by Prodigy and we saw some cute little stories of Karma/Galura, Daken/ SomnusMystique/Destiny (well that one was not so cute, tbh), Northstar and Kyle and plenty more. We need more oneshots like this.

NUMBER 3
    Cable Reloaded

With 31 points and 2 number 1 votes

Cable, the old dude has returned, the big gun is back! We saw Nathan return and introducing a new Terminators squad (a one time team though) with some fan favorites. They fought against some Breakworldians and the art was great as well. Who wants more adventures of this team? I do!

Runner up was X-Men: The Onslaught Revelation

Least Favorite X-One-Shot

These 3 one-shots were received with little applause. Last year the Giant Size one shots were largely not appreciated. This year there was not one that stood far out, So I guess there was not one that everybody hated big time.

NUMBER 1
    Claremont Anniversary Issue

With 18 points and 2 number one votes

Moonstar was approached by the Goddess of Death Hela, who sends her on a journey to embrace her destiny. Dani travels throughout time and space to battle the Shadow King, encountering the Fantastic Four, Binary, and Gambit and Kid-Storm. All his favorites, many of ours,but maybe the way Chris writes stories is not of these days anymore?

NUMBER 2
    King in Black: Marauders
    With 17 points and 1 number one vote

With these low anti points, is there really something to be ashamed for? The Marauders were tasked to fee Cyke and Storm from Knull. As the whole King in Black was not that great, this is a logic choice. Though seeing Lockheed fighting of symbiote dragons, what was not to love about that?

NUMBER 3
    Cable Reloaded

With 14 points and 3 number one votes.

Funny as this same comic was voted on number 3 for the most favorite, there were some who disliked the comeback of Old Man Cable. Did they rather have Kid-Cable come back again?

Favorite X-Mini Series
    So this year the X-office mini serie than last year.To predict this years winner you do not need to be a blind precog, it was quite clear from the start. Last year's winner was the X-Men Empyre mini that won.

NUMBER 1
    Inferno
    With 113 points and 23 number 1 votes

It rarely happens a candidate scores more than 100 points. So this says how much we loved this mini. Not to many characters involved, just 9 major players and a big change in ranks of power. Destiny is back, Moira is gone. A series with some good focus on Emma, Xavier, Magneto, Cypher, Krakoa, Warlock, Destiny, Moira and Mystique. A shame they did cut out Rogue's performance though.

NUMBER 2
    Way of X

With 58 points and 5 number one votes.

Kurt was left out of all the newly launched series of 2019 and he only appeared as cameo king on the Quiet Counsil. Gladly he made his return in this great mini. It also brought us back Legion and the Xorn brothers. Other good news, Kurt and some of this cast will appear n ongoing in 2022.

NUMBER 3
    Trial of Magneto

With 24 points and 2 number one votes

Quite the surprise, Wanda came to Krakoa for a nice Scarlet Witch focused mini and what catches my surprise? The fans loved it. Well, at least quite a few did. Not all though, if you check out the next category. Good to see X-Factor getting a leading role though.