Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    "The minority is exactly the same as the majority without any real difference" is the kind of well-intentioned message from 40 years ago that today has aged quite poorly.

Like "Call me Alex" level bad.
    Well from genetic point of view is the correct one. Most differences between various human groups are mostly surface level. Flavor if you please.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    Well from genetic point of view is the correct one. Most differences between various human groups are mostly surface level. Flavor if you please.
    From a genetic point of view yes, from a cultural and social point of view, no.

Astonishing Member

Look, if they wanted to keep the metaphor actually accurate, they would have dropped the stuff about Mutants eventually replacing all baseline humans on earth, especially with the Great Replacement theory being as prominent among real life bigots as it is. Claremont’s master mold plot forty years ago is a lot less egregious than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Look, if they wanted to keep the metaphor actually accurate, they would have dropped the stuff about Mutants eventually replacing all baseline humans on earth, especially with the Great Replacement theory being as prominent among real life bigots as it is. Claremont’s master mold plot forty years ago is a lot less egregious than that.
    Master Mold plot was the typical clumsy attempt of the 80s to make a message against racism by simplifying everything.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    So anywho, I feel like this is perhaps the first issue that made some serious use of *everyone,* not just Emma and Kate, but Bishop and Pyro got a side-gig, Callisto stabbed some fool in the neck a bunch, Iceman beat up some Frost Giants, Shaw, of all people, got some development, etc. Of those on the cover, only Tempo failed to show, and she's technically not part of the crew quite yet, I think, so that's okay for now.

It is a bit 'eh' that it took over three years of the Emma and Kate show, guest-starring 'those other guys,' to get here, but hey, Marauders has finally arrived!
    I know, right? I was like, where was this balance for the past 26 issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    So anywho, I feel like this is perhaps the first issue that made some serious use of *everyone,* not just Emma and Kate, but Bishop and Pyro got a side-gig, Callisto stabbed some fool in the neck a bunch, Iceman beat up some Frost Giants, Shaw, of all people, got some development, etc. Of those on the cover, only Tempo failed to show, and she's technically not part of the crew quite yet, I think, so that's okay for now.

It is a bit 'eh' that it took over three years of the Emma and Kate show, guest-starring 'those other guys,' to get here, but hey, Marauders has finally arrived!
    It's a shame that it took so long to get to this point with this group. You really couldn't even call them a team because they rarely did anything together as a team. There was really wasn't a bond, something that held this team together.

Hopefully it won't take nearly 30 issues for this group to become a team.

So, is no one questioning why Reed wants an anti-mutant gadget now that his son is not a mutant? Is the Illuminati planning anything hostile?

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

So, is no one questioning why Reed wants an anti-mutant gadget now that his son is not a mutant? Is the Illuminati planning anything hostile?
    I think they're going call it a "fail-safe"
    My flag is bacon.

Well who knows, perhaps he is in one of his paranoid phase like when he collaborated to the creation of the negative zone prison during civil war. But really is anybody guess, considering that Marvel characters when depicted in other "families" comics usually behave either in the most dumbest, or antagonistic or OOC way possible

This is an interesting them to discuss
    Last edited by Baron of Faltine; 01-13-2022 at 09:00 AM.

Astonishing Member

I mean, if he didn’t want one before, he’s definitely going to want on after Charles made it clear he’s got no qualms about mindwiping Reed anytime he finds it convenient.

Is he aware of what he lost?
    I forget.
    Did Xavier -- when he removed the knowledge -- explicitly tell Reed "I took the anti-mutant gadget info from your head", and if not, then perhaps Reed simply wants what he perceives as "stolen knowledge" back, whilst unsure of what it actually is that was taken?

Honestly cannot remember. Help me, Strong-memory frandz.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Is he aware of what he lost?
    I forget.
    Did Xavier -- when he removed the knowledge -- explicitly tell Reed "I took the anti-mutant gadget info from your head", and if not, then perhaps Reed simply wants what he perceives as "stolen knowledge" back, whilst unsure of what it actually is that was taken?

Honestly cannot remember. Help me, Strong-memory frandz.
    He is aware. But I agree its odd to want it back too.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    He is aware. But I agree its odd to want it back too.
    I mean at the rate the X-men let their villains shack up with them they need a Rogue’s gallery. I’m surprised it took them this long to start cannabilizing the rest of the Marvel universe to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    I mean, if he didn’t want one before, he’s definitely going to want on after Charles made it clear he’s got no qualms about mindwiping Reed anytime he finds it convenient.
    That would justify developing psi-shields, not a genocidal weapon.