Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysian_Thracs View Post
    This is getting like Oprah handing out presents already! 'You're an Omega. And you're an Omega. And you're an Omega, too.'

Every character the writers like is an Omega because they can't seem to write compelling stories about the characters themselves, so they substitute power feats instead. And it just further breaks the stories...
    Perhaps but no omega can deliver a compelling suplex. Jubes stands alone.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Fantastic Member Ulysian_Thracs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

Exactly my point! Jubes is such a great character for much better reasons than her powers. Gimme more of her in the awkward space between the teens and the 'real' adults while trying to be a good mentor and a good new mother to Shogo and get her own life in order.

I know I'm a broke record in this, JB. But Jubilee is a great example of a character that doesn't need S-tier powers to be great. In fact, if they're writing about her powers and not her, they're doing her a disservice IMO.
    I'm not totally useless. I can always be used as a bad example...

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Waiting for folks to start complaining about her OP suplex powers.

Also I’m suddenly intrigued by what constitutes a “compelling suplex”. What are the criteria? Is there another kind?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

Anyone read the latest X-Terminators? I’m honestly impressed with how Leah Willams is depicting Jubilee- as far as her powers, competency in fight tactics, etc. Williams is using Jubilee’s history with Excalibur in order to give her a better understanding at magical enchantments than the other females- Dazzler, Boom Boom, and Wolverine. She at numerous times is the first to pick up on consequences that can arise against the various traps they have to face. Also, Jubilee isn’t written as being a damsel, naive, or inexperienced in this series. She clearly has hand-to-hand prowess… on top of that, there are a few new uses of her abilities that Williams has shown Jubes using:

- Jubilee is shown using her pyrokinetic energy to charge the enchanted battleground they are trapped in- so that the explosion caused by Dazzler and Tabi’s powers is amplified.
    - Jubilee and Wolverine team up against a female vampire- with Laura stabbing a hole through the vamp’s chest… and Jubilee sticking her arm into the enemy’s chest cavity and frying her from the inside out via a massive detonation.

This is the first time in a long while that Jubilee has been shown as ruthless and inventive with her abilities- and I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by jubilees_bf View Post
    Anyone read the latest X-Terminators? I’m honestly impressed with how Leah Willams is depicting Jubilee- as far as her powers, competency in fight tactics, etc. Williams is using Jubilee’s history with Excalibur in order to give her a better understanding at magical enchantments than the other females- Dazzler, Boom Boom, and Wolverine. She at numerous times is the first to pick up on consequences that can arise against the various traps they have to face. Also, Jubilee isn’t written as being a damsel, naive, or inexperienced in this series. She clearly has hand-to-hand prowess… on top of that, there are a few new uses of her abilities that Williams has shown Jubes using:

- Jubilee is shown using her pyrokinetic energy to charge the enchanted battleground they are trapped in- so that the explosion caused by Dazzler and Tabi’s powers is amplified.
    - Jubilee and Wolverine team up against a female vampire- with Laura stabbing a hole through the vamp’s chest… and Jubilee sticking her arm into the enemy’s chest cavity and frying her from the inside out via a massive detonation.

This is the first time in a long while that Jubilee has been shown as ruthless and inventive with her abilities- and I love it!
    Yes.
    X-Terminators is fully insane and I did not expect to enjoy as strongly as I am. That isn't to say that I felt it was going to be a flop by any means! I just didn't anticipate appreciating the insanity as much as I am. All that said, Yes. Jubilee is doing great. Leah's love for the characters she takes on in her stories is exceptional. I still miss X-Factor. I wish they operated in the background of stories more often, if nothing else.