Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Except that Steve is still around getting his own solo again.
    Wherein, per the creators, he won’t be donning the suit much, the heavy lifting and action will be foisted on Sam, so what’s the point?? I will wait for the next volume.

Quote Originally Posted by Jely4me View Post
    Wherein, per the creators, he won’t be donning the suit much, the heavy lifting and action will be foisted on Sam, so what’s the point?? I will wait for the next volume.
    Steve is still around and getting his own solo again. He didn't have the suit on when John Walker and Bucky were wearing it either.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Well why wouldn’t Willie be worthy?
    Yeah, you have to be REALLY worthy to wriggle the ears the way he does.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    This is not true. We complained about that stupidity nonstop. The simple fact is Dr. Victor Von Doom is too much of a narcissist to call himself anothers name and he already has a awesome name. I believe whoever green lit it should still get fired for it.
    Aye, toxic fandom at its finest.
    “We’ve learned that quiet isn’t always peace and the norms and notions of what just is, isn’t always justice.”

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Steve is still around and getting his own solo again. He didn't have the suit on when John Walker and Bucky were wearing it either.
    That was 1988 under Gruenwald, which at the time was an excellent interpretation, and Bucky wore it when Brubaker killed off Steve in his run..big difference..now its the norm, and laaaaaaaaame…again, I’ll wait for the next volume.
    Last edited by Jely4me; 01-31-2022 at 08:48 PM.

That was 1988 under Gruenwald, which at the time was an excellent interpretation, and Bucky wore it when Brubaker killed off Steve in his run..big difference..now its the norm, and laaaaaaaaame…again, I’ll wait for the next volume.
    It's all good. Bucky was still Cap when Steve came back, however. I get that not everyone is thrilled about the situation but like I said, there is a solo comic with Steve Rogers as Captain America that will be coming out.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I hope to see Sons of the Serpent on Sam’s book again. One of the better series of villains from Spencer’s run.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Felt a little more organic with Brubaker, but I admit I’m bias on that run. Remender’s aging plot never reverberated with me. And if course that was Sam’s motivation to accept the shield. Then came Spencer’s evil Cap.
    “We’ve learned that quiet isn’t always peace and the norms and notions of what just is, isn’t always justice.”

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by tliscord View Post
    Aye, toxic fandom at its finest.
    No joke. Calling for someone to lose their job because of something so minor in a comic book? For real?
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    Make another attempt at an ongoing just as they have with many other characters who didn't have the longest runs with their last ongoing. I mean the Falcon ongoing was what 4-5 years ago
    And it sold so poorly that they don’t wanna go that route again. And this had what so many people claimed they wanted to (Sam on his own, no Cap, no secondary mantle, taking down me threats. People didn’t even bother checking out the first issue.

They did try a mini with him and Bucky that also failed to set the market on fire.

I’m not sure what the sales were, but there was a lot of buzz for Sam leading in United States of Cap book so I’m sure some of that will played a factor in the decision to give him back the shield. Plus the movies obviously.