Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I wonder if it ties in with the Eternals crossover event. The reason that it changes everything is that the X-men and Avengers form a united front to prevent the world from falling to the judgement of the Celestials. It changes public sentiment toward mutants because the mutants really show themselves as heroes saving the world when they help the Avengers stand against the Celestials.
    If Marvel was willing to have something like that actually improve Mutant-human relations there has got to be a dozen world saving crossovers the X-men have been involved in the past that would also fit the bill

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    I see. Thanks for clearing that up. I was under the impression, there was still a major unpowered minority left on Genosha even after Eve of Destruction .

Also if that behind the scenes planning is true, it sours my opinion on the destruction of Genosha even more, since it means the X-office at the time created specific in universe events just so there couldn't be a shared tragedy between both sides of the X-gene divide.
    Eve of Destruction made some other last-minute ill-advised changes to the core concept of mutant controlled Genosha.
    Last edited by jmc247; 01-28-2022 at 05:48 AM.

Astonishing Member

Since wiping each other out or pulling a Red Wedding at Tony&Emma’s nuptials is a no-no, I suppose the only fundamental change left is for Krakoa to replace Wakanda as the Avengers backer and for the Avengers to be working for the X-Men

While interesting in theory, there’s any number of RL reasons it’s not going to end in anything but disaster

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Since wiping each other out or pulling a Red Wedding at Tony&Emma’s nuptials is a no-no, I suppose the only fundamental change left is for Krakoa to replace Wakanda as the Avengers backer and for the Avengers to be working for the X-Men

While interesting in theory, there’s any number of RL reasons it’s not going to end in anything but disaster
    I can't imagine Aaron would just let the X-Office tell him what he could and couldn't do with the Avengers.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I can't imagine Aaron would just let the X-Office tell him what he could and couldn't do with the Avengers.
    Even if Aaron’s run was done, and the signs do point to it being in something akin to the home run; there would still be issues

The main Marvel office would have to be surrendering control of the Avengers books and the control that would effect said characters solo books, otherwise the editorial squabbles would cause another UA. And that’s both unlikely, and probably bad business decision, as I don’t see the guy who carried out a palace coup against Hickman being the guy who’d make sure to curate the Avengers title alongside the X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Even if Aaron’s run was done, and the signs do point to it being in something akin to the home run; there would still be issues

The main Marvel office would have to be surrendering control of the Avengers books and the control that would effect said characters solo books, otherwise the editorial squabbles would cause another UA. And that’s both unlikely, and probably bad business decision, as I don’t see the guy who carried out a palace coup against Hickman being the guy who’d make sure to curate the Avengers title alongside the X-Men
    Who was the guy who carried out a palace coup?

Looking bad for mutants right now idk
    Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Well…
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I wonder if it ties in with the Eternals crossover event. The reason that it changes everything is that the X-men and Avengers form a united front to prevent the world from falling to the judgement of the Celestials. It changes public sentiment toward mutants because the mutants really show themselves as heroes saving the world when they help the Avengers stand against the Celestials.
    That's a plausible theory but you know that the Avengers and X-Men will have a misunderstanding first that leads them to fight each other before they realize they're being played by the Eternals

Looking bad for mutants right now idk
    So The Avengers and X-Men team-up to fight off the renegade Eternals, who now view Mutants as problematic as Deviants?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So The Avengers and X-Men team-up to fight off the renegade Eternals, who now view Mutants as problematic as Deviants?
    By the Eternals logic, wouldn't any altered human be considered a Deviant?

Starting to look real…
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Yeah i can definitely see that as the reason the Eternals go after mutants tbh
    She's A Lifebringer

So...is this a three-way war or do the Avengers and X-Men end up teaming-up against the Eternals?

I get that it makes sense from the perspective of Gillen's current storyline but it seems kind of weird to be pairing the latest hot IP you're pushing (even if the movie didn't do as well as you'd hope) against your two other biggest IP's.

(Then again Shang-Chi just went up against a bunch of heroes in his new series...).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So...is this a three-way war or do the Avengers and X-Men end up teaming-up against the Eternals?

I get that it makes sense from the perspective of Gillen's current storyline but it seems kind of weird to be pairing the latest hot IP you're pushing (even if the movie didn't do as well as you'd hope) against your two other biggest IP's.

(Then again Shang-Chi just went up against a bunch of heroes in his new series...).
    I think it starts as a three-way before the Avengers and X-Men team-up to take on the Eternals. What's interesting is that Thanos currently leads the Eternals, other than those who fled to live with the Deviants.

The Eternals want their Celestial god back from the Avengers who currently call it home and then there is the issue of resurrections and what the Eternals learned about their process. They could have an issue with mutant resurrections.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I mean, they already hate the Avengers for having their base in a dead Celestial, so it wouldn't surprise me if they did.