Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wanda is formerly too. She debuted as part of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants before defecting to the Avengers. Of course, just one of the first three (with her brother Quicksilver and Hawkeye) of many to do that.
    Honestly when a vast majority of Wanda’s stories are her on the Avengers I don’t really count it. She was a villain for a few years at most and has spent decades on the avengers. So I don’t really count that.

the majority of characters like Black Adam and Harley Quinn were villains predominantly most of their publishing period.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Black Adam started to shift into the anti hero category back in the early 2000's under Geoff Johns JSA, and has been on that trajectory ever since.

I think what is important though, is DC comics finally has another hero who seems to becoming extremely popular amongst comic fans and not just multi media.

That's a hard find these days in a declining industry.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Yep. Johns started shifting him more towards the anti-hero side of the scale. The Rocks been attached to Black Adam since 2007 which also might of influenced the characters comic depiction since they knew he was getting a anti-hero feature film at some point.

I would say he is the Magneto position of being a anti-hero or villain depending on what the story is.
    Last edited by chamber-music; 02-18-2022 at 11:54 PM.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I really hope this movie subverts expectations and he ends as a proper villain gunning for SHAZAM. It is unlikely and I'm sure I'll enjoy it regardless.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    Yep. Johns started shifting him more towards the anti-hero side of the scale. The Rocks been attached to Black Adam since 2007 which also might of influenced the characters comic depiction since they knew he was getting a anti-hero feature film at some point.

I would say he is the Magneto position of being a anti-hero or villain depending on what the story is.
    Well, I'd say Teth Adam is unusable as a true villain now. Especially after the Black Mary incident. O-o' I both feel sad for him and wish he hadn't screwed up. ;-;' I can't despise him for what happened, I pity him and would rather give him a shoulder to cry on than to fight him.

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    I really hope this movie subverts expectations and he ends as a proper villain gunning for SHAZAM. It is unlikely and I'm sure I'll enjoy it regardless.
    As do I. As a longtime Marvel Family fan it has been difficult seeing the IP mishandled

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Wow.
    That seems a waste of one epic setup
    it happens all the time, it's even more of a cliche in manga/anime these days

Vegeta
    Venom
    Loki
    MALEFICENT
    Megamind
    Groot
    Catwoman
    Predator
    Deadpool
    The Grinch
    Shadow
    The Riddler
    Donkey Kong
    Harley Quinn
    TERMINATOR/ T-800
    The J-man

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I can see why the Rock wants to manage his career so he only plays good guys now. But I think if BLACK ADAM comes across as too nice and morally upright, they will be leaving a lot of money on the table. Action characters with an edge are what's popular these days in movies. And what always made Adam and Billy interesting is how they contrast with each other. Billy being kind and sweet, Adam being mean and bitter. Seeing those two different types playing off each other is what creates the drama.

Also, Black Adam should have hair.
    I think he would be kickass.But,He would have tragic quality to him.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I can see why the Rock wants to manage his career so he only plays good guys now. But I think if BLACK ADAM comes across as too nice and morally upright, they will be leaving a lot of money on the table. Action characters with an edge are what's popular these days in movies. And what always made Adam and Billy interesting is how they contrast with each other. Billy being kind and sweet, Adam being mean and bitter. Seeing those two different types playing off each other is what creates the drama.

Also, Black Adam should have hair.
    I agree with everything you said. Especially the hair lol.

I just hope we get to see Shazam and Black Adam on the big screen together in a film.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

He's a heel that will change sides when Roman Reigns shows up.

Astonishing Member

Anti Hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    He's a heel that will change sides when Roman Reigns shows up.
    "Khandaq...acknowledge me."

Mighty Member

He is more something like Harley Quinn nowadays, an anti-hero who still should be a villain.

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    "Khandaq...acknowledge me."

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    He is more something like Harley Quinn nowadays, an anti-hero who still should be a villain.
    Isn't Harley just a hero now?
    The J-man