Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

The book showcased several drastically different looks for Sam's new outfit, such as these very unique wing shapes seen below.

here were clearly plenty of discussions about what color the wings should be to compliment the suit. These red wings definitely harken back to Sam's Falcon look, while the white ones would certainly make a statement.

Marvel Of course, Red Wing also had various redesigns as well, as it sported a new red, white and blue color scheme.

Amazing Member

In the concept stage, they could even completely detach and wrap up enemies to prep for arrest.

he wings also had alternate uses as well, with one of them being a parachute if the need ever arose.

Falcon, Captain America

At one point, Sam's new wings could even hold and throw his shield for him.

Amazing Member

I can see the energy shield upgrade tech basically giving way to Sam's "hardlight wings" in the mcu

The artist discussed how he was “looking for a way to minimally add an element to the shield,” one which would “hint at the Wakandan upgrades before you see them used:”

"Ryan [Meinerding] asked some of the [Visual Development] department to take a little bit of time and think up some new ways that Sam could use the shield, more specific to him and his own physicality with it… when I was thinking about the tech rim piece, I was looking for a way to minimally add an element to the shield so as not to distract too much from the shield itself but still make it feel like it could have a believable tech addition and hint at the Wakandan upgrades before you see them used.”
    Captain America, Sam Wilson

Black Panther, Infinity War, Wakanda Marvel
    One version of this “Wakandan shield tech add-on” included “rim pieces shoot[ing] outwards and fill[ing] in to make a larger energy protective barrier.” The cherry on top? This energy would have the “Falcon wing motif in [its] design.”

Amazing Member

sam's wing's possibly having an instant kill mode/function like peter " Iron spider suit "

sam's wing's possibly having an detachable attack glider function like the vulture

sam's wing's possibly having a hidden detachable sword

Extraordinary Member

All that stuff with Sam's shield and wings would have just been way too gimmicky.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    All that stuff with Sam's shield and wings would have just been way too gimmicky.
    I don't like everything but I think things like Sam's wing possibly having a detachable attack glider function or the shield having a larger energy protective barrier, not a full dome, are okay. Sam is still just human so I don't mind him having some advanced tech in his suit, just don't go, full Ironman.

Gimmicks are the bread and butter of comics.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    I don't like everything but I think things like Sam's wing possibly having a detachable attack glider function or the shield having a larger energy protective barrier, not a full dome, are okay. Sam is still just human so I don't mind him having some advanced tech in his suit, just don't go, full Ironman.

Gimmicks are the bread and butter of comics.
    Sam in 616 may not be a super soldier...but he does put in the work and is in exceptional shape. With the wings and a (Vibranium? Adamantium?) shield I just don't see him needing gimmicks.

Hi all. Anybody else read issue #3? Now this is what I've been hoping for. In this issue, Sam really shows his character. The way he confronted Dr. Doom, his integrity when it comes to dealing with Wakanda, his reaction to Wakanda's response, this is the kind of Captain America I've been waiting Sam to show.

Again, the relevancy is found in this issue as well. The back to Wakanda movements remind me of articles of how some Black Americans are choosing to relocate to Africa due to what has happened in America. Joaquin's story reminds me of human smuggling and migrant issues.

Surprisingly Sam doesn't do a lot of flying, punching, or shield throwing here. However, the story didn't require it. The other aspects where that good.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Hi all. Anybody else read issue #3? Now this is what I've been hoping for. In this issue, Sam really shows his character. The way he confronted Dr. Doom, his integrity when it comes to dealing with Wakanda, his reaction to Wakanda's response, this is the kind of Captain America I've been waiting Sam to show.

Again, the relevancy is found in this issue as well. The back to Wakanda movements remind me of articles of how some Black Americans are choosing to relocate to Africa due to what has happened in America. Joaquin's story reminds me of human smuggling and migrant issues.

Surprisingly Sam doesn't do a lot of flying, punching, or shield throwing here. However, the story didn't require it. The other aspects where that good.
    I hope Wakanda is written well here.

Mighty Member

Not a lot of action, but a good issue and the art continues to be outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I hope Wakanda is written well here.
    At least better than in the BP solo.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by hbky2j View Post
    I can see the energy shield upgrade tech basically giving way to Sam's "hardlight wings" in the mcu

The artist discussed how he was “looking for a way to minimally add an element to the shield,” one which would “hint at the Wakandan upgrades before you see them used:”

"Ryan [Meinerding] asked some of the [Visual Development] department to take a little bit of time and think up some new ways that Sam could use the shield, more specific to him and his own physicality with it… when I was thinking about the tech rim piece, I was looking for a way to minimally add an element to the shield so as not to distract too much from the shield itself but still make it feel like it could have a believable tech addition and hint at the Wakandan upgrades before you see them used.”
    Captain America, Sam Wilson

Black Panther, Infinity War, Wakanda Marvel
    One version of this “Wakandan shield tech add-on” included “rim pieces shoot[ing] outwards and fill[ing] in to make a larger energy protective barrier.” The cherry on top? This energy would have the “Falcon wing motif in [its] design.”

I am loving all these ideas. Brilliant.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    At least better than in the BP solo.
    Indeed....well, lets hope so.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Sam in 616 may not be a super soldier...but he does put in the work and is in exceptional shape. With the wings and a (Vibranium? Adamantium?) shield I just don't see him needing gimmicks.
    He struggled go beat ordinary Batroc and had to use"gimmicks" and the ven then he didn't outright defeat Batroc, he just flew away yet Steve Rogers easily defeated Batroc to a straight clear win. This is Batroc who is NOT enhanced and Sam struggled. So yes, he NEEDS gimmicks if he is going to be battling faaaar more powerful opponents and ESPECIALLY when the suit upgrade is from WAKANDA, some Wakandan inspired tech should show.