Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't know if Jane was dating anyone at the time...I think she had a boyfriend in the first volume of Aaron's run that kind of vanished when she became Thor and it seemed like she and Thor might've still had feelings for each other. And, y'know, Sam is in there because why not .
    You’re right. Was thinking she was with Thor at this point.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    You’re right. Was thinking she was with Thor at this point.
    Nope. She had a boyfriend when Thor went to visit her after Aaron's first arc of Thor and he disappeared when she became Thor.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Nope. She had a boyfriend when Thor went to visit her after Aaron's first arc of Thor and he disappeared when she became Thor.
    Off-paneled like a good deal of Thor's relationship with Roz Solomon.

Niffleheim

Off-paneled like a good deal of Thor's relationship with Roz Solomon.
    At least I know and I've seen Roz Solomon her love interest didn't even appear on panel during her run as Thor.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    I’m just glad the Misty romance is staying. That’s one of my favorite couplings in comics.
    Same here definitely my favorite couple

Invincible Member

I assume Aaron just looked at their dynamic in Waid's run, assumed they were the team romance, and just went with it.
    Were they even an actual romantic couple in Waid's run though? I'll admit I'd dropped it at one point, but I seem to remember Jane flirting with Sam and even kissing him at once but he was like, "we should just be friends"...

That sounds about right. When he quit being Captain America, he tried to ask her to take over as Avengers leader, so she put her helmet on his head and then thumped him on it, to knock some sense into him. Their dynamic was more one of best friends than lovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Maybe he couldn't cope with her being ill, so he dumped her?
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-22-2022 at 03:59 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    I like this suit from the show, the black part needs to be a darker blue. I'd also like the sleeves to be longer.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Were they even an actual romantic couple in Waid's run though? I'll admit I'd dropped it at one point, but I seem to remember Jane flirting with Sam and even kissing him at once but he was like, "we should just be friends"...
    Aaron does have a tricky track record with continuity .

The amount of times his Avengers has ignored the solo books...
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I like this suit from the show, the black part needs to be a darker blue. I'd also like the sleeves to be longer.
    I disagree on both points. The black allows the red to stand out more, and red is his signature color, like purple for Hawkeye. If anything, more red could be used to break up the black parts. Falcon isn’t supposed to look like a flag, even if Cap does. The sleeves helps the costume to stand out further from the crowd. It kind of symbolizes that Sam is the type to roll up his sleeves and get to work.

I disagree on both points. The black allows the red to stand out more, and red is his signature color, like purple for Hawkeye. If anything, more red could be used to break up the black parts. Falcon isn’t supposed to look like a flag, even if Cap does. The sleeves helps the costume to stand out further from the crowd. It kind of symbolizes that Sam is the type to roll up his sleeves and get to work.
    I don't think Sam needs to have rolled up sleeves to show that he's willing to put inthe work, his actions have always spoken for him. And I don't see why Sam can't represent the flag, he's as much an American as Steve or anybody else. The red can stay for sure, I just think a darker blue is much better than the black.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I don't think Sam needs to have rolled up sleeves to show that he's willing to put inthe work, his actions have always spoken for him. And I don't see why Sam can't represent the flag, he's as much an American as Steve or anybody else. The red can stay for sure, I just think a darker blue is much better than the black.
    Cap is a patriotic symbol, but Falcon is not, nor should he be unless he uses the Cap mantle. No Falcon design has used the color blue. It’s not who he is.

Symbolism in costumes doesn’t have to make sense, and it’s common for the designs of comic book characters to be heavy handed in their symbolism. Gambit’s trench coat isn’t practical for the kind of close quarters combat he gets involved in with his bo, but it visually lets us know that he’s a roguish figure. Captain America can prove his patriotism without wearing a flag, and yet he does. It’s no different with the rolled-up-looking sleeves.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 02-25-2022 at 03:17 PM.

Cap is a patriotic symbol, but Falcon is not, nor should he be unless he uses the Cap mantle. No Falcon design has used the color blue. It’s not who he is.

Symbolism in costumes doesn’t have to make sense, and it’s common for the designs of comic book characters to be heavy handed in their symbolism. Gambit’s trench coat isn’t practical for the kind of close quarters combat he gets involved in with his bo, but it visually lets us know that he’s a roguish figure. Captain America can prove his patriotism without wearing a flag, and yet he does. It’s no different with the rolled-up-looking sleeves.
    But Sam is calling himself Captain America, not Falcon. He should wear the colors. It doesn't have to be an exact flag motif but it should have some semblance of the colors.

And I'm just not a fan of the rolled up sleeve look.