Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default The Best Hero/Villain Relationship

What hero/villain relationship do you think has been the best? No alternate realities, it has to be 616 or whatever universe we're in now.

Forgot to add the dang poll!

Here are your choices:

1. Spidey/Black Cat
    2. Daredevil/Elektra
    3. Cap/Diamondback
    4. Iron Man/Madame Masque
    5. Daredevil/Typhoid
    6. Thor/Enchantress
    7. Other?
    Last edited by Marvell2100; 02-10-2022 at 03:15 PM.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I'd put Doctor Strange and Doctor Doom up there. I like how a lot of recent stories have them teaming up, like in Savage Avengers.

I think you can also count Iron Man and Doctor Doom as a crazy kind of almost friendship especially under Christopher Cantwell's writing. The KIB tie in where they battled a Nullified Santa Claus was pretty entertaining. And in the next Iron Man issue Patsy has enlisted Doom to help straighten out a Cosmic Powered Tony Stark.

Cap/Diamondback.

Although I'm ready for a good gal/bad guy relationship. She-Hulk should date the Shocker.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Cap/Diamondback.

Although I'm ready for a good gal/bad guy relationship. She-Hulk should date the Shocker.
    Was her fling with Juggernaut just a one-time thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I'd put Doctor Strange and Doctor Doom up there. I like how a lot of recent stories have them teaming up, like in Savage Avengers.

I think you can also count Iron Man and Doctor Doom as a crazy kind of almost friendship especially under Christopher Cantwell's writing. The KIB tie in where they battled a Nullified Santa Claus was pretty entertaining. And in the next Iron Man issue Patsy has enlisted Doom to help straighten out a Cosmic Powered Tony Stark.

Tony and Doom go waaaayyy back. Like back to medieval times .

Daredevil/Kingpin.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Daredevil/Kingpin.
    But they don't even like each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    But they don't even like each other.
    That's still a relationship....

I misunderstood your post.

Loki/Amara from Agent of Asgard.

Out of the choices I feel like Spidey and Black Cat have the most solid and enduring relationship. Then DD and Elektra. I feel like it's been ages since Cap and Diamondback have had any real meaningful interaction.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

I dont really consider Black Cat a bad guy.

So her as a kind of good guy I loved her and Batroc The Leaper in her series.

But as far as actual good guys and bad guys I really dig Doctor Doom and Doctor Strange.

Also Xavier and Magneto.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Wink

Madame Masque/Iron Man for me. Yeah I know I'm biased lol. I like the fact that recently she was absconding and selling Dr. Strange's relics just because he interfered the last time she tried to kill Tony. That's it lol. That kind of pettiness/vengeance is glorious in a villain.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 02-12-2022 at 02:26 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post

Yeah. I'm loving Tony and Victor's relationship. . They have many commonalities between them and I think Tony and Doom see that. but Doom I think is willing to admit that more than Tony. That's saying something.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 02-10-2022 at 06:37 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Madame Masque/Iron Man for me. Yeah I know I'm biased lol. I like the fact that recently she was stealing and selling Dr. Strange's relics just because he interfered the last time she tried to kill Tony. That's it lol. That kind of pettiness/Vengeance its glorious in a villain.
    I feel ya bro. Their dynamic changes just about every time they meet each other. I loved what Fraction did with them.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Out of the choices I feel like Spidey and Black Cat have the most solid and enduring relationship. Then DD and Elektra. I feel like it's been ages since Cap and Diamondback have had any real meaningful interaction.
    Which is a real shame. That said, generally cosigning you on Spider-Man/Black Cat and Daredevil/Elektra.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Tony and Doom go waaaayyy back. Like back to medieval times .
    Oh yeah, I know that. I have all of those issues and the TPBs too. The first two were done 100 issues apart. IM 149-150 and 249-250.

Doom even took over the Iron Man mantle for a while when Tony was in that weird death phase in Bendis's Invincible Iron Man. I like this scene in Invincible Iron Man when Doom was recalling the "good old days" only they were quite that good for Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Yeah. I'm loving Tony and Victor's relationship. . They have many commonalities between them and I think Tony and Doom see that. but Doom I think is willing to admit that more than Tony. That's saying something.
    You know there was something going on when Tony was in the weird death phase in Bendis's Invincible Iron resulted in Bendis starting that Infamous Iron Man series and Victor became his replacement for a while.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 02-10-2022 at 10:58 PM.