Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Quote Originally Posted by Shortpack! View Post
    Yeah... I was done with the review when it complained spoilers:
    Jubilee's portion of the actions scenes was over the top. Girl wasted 10 years as a vampire and had her baby stolen by Tini. Let her blow up some **** if she wants.
    end of spoilers
    So after decades of people moaning about her powers being “unimpressive” now they’re moaning about them being impressive?

Humans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    So after decades of people moaning about her powers being “unimpressive” now they’re moaning about them being impressive?

Humans.
    Honestly, this and the drinking bit feels like the reviewer not having the confidence to just say "Yeah, I loved this! No notes!" and looking for something to nitpick.

Astonishing Member

Pretty much. I mean glorifying drinking? What has been literally every moment of Logan’s existence?

They might have had a point if at some point during the comic they try to get Tony to become a raging alcoholic again, but I doubt that happens

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's like she saw Black Cat describing Mary Jane's dumptruck ass and thought "hey, let's throw Dazzler in to the competition" .
    Check Williams' Twitter. Basically all of her book ideas start with "everything is sexy and horny." And I love her for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

It's like she saw Black Cat describing Mary Jane's dumptruck ass and thought "hey, let's throw Dazzler in to the competition" .
    oh there's plenty canonical reference to dazzler having juicy doubles and being called out on it throughout her publication history. im prepping the scans as we speak. the best example of course being when she was possessed by diamondback who kept calling her ass fat af. I love this development of the character, it somehow makes her more womanly and at the end of the day thats what Dazzler espouses more than any other character- pure womanliness. I love the sketches that Gomez has of her on his insta with her hands on her hips in a thong. Dazzler has been waiting a while to get the kind of updated treatment to the romanticism of form and figure a it was in her solo series.

I love the idea of Leah (a woman period but especially this one) writing Dazzler because she needs to be written by a woman who enjoys being sexy and confident and isn't aloof. Dazzler is rock em sock em, the Feminine Marvel binary to Wolverine's Masculinity. she revels in the prettiness because its romance its rock and roll its dark outside her neon world of lights for her. and this genre, is spot on.

In the same way that the Daughters of The Dragon took and exploitative genre like kung-fu films with female leads and made it what redefined them in the 2000's to their complete success, this essentially does the same thing except using grind house. it leans into the cheesiness of Dazzler and makes it adult which is a very unique style/ aesthetic and genre to have in the Marvel Universe as a character that gets to be the unmitigated bubblegum roller babe that also is as serious threat when it comes to actual power and skill. thats just fun comics.

and its the same appeal as Deadpool- _dazzler should def be in the 3rd film btw_ in that whereas Deadpool's schtick revolves around gore and mutilation, Dazzlers does too except with romance, music, and hottie horror. its very Megan thee Stallion. I ultimately wanna see Dazzler take this brand of unabashed liberal dousing of relatable naturalistic seventies kid sister term to other franchises - I think she'd be a shoe in in the Ghost Rider Books (I ship her OG Ghost Rider so hard) and just imagine a grind house future like "DAZZLER GOES TO HELL" as a part of her continued growth and revenge throughout the marvel U for a lot of the **** she went though during her publication history.

we would be so lucky. I just wish they'd make the girl STRAWBERRY BLONDE! if they can get iceman's mousy brown hair right yer after year, they can get her hair right as well. come on.
    Last edited by ohsnapulon5000; 08-23-2022 at 08:00 PM.

its been mentioned
    tumblr_o2541cB3sb1uvxc4ro1_1280.jpg

Dazzler has always had the juice.
    E4P33v4WYAYypCe.jpg-large.jpg

Also gotta say- this is sweet retribution for "X-Women" the Claremont Italian vogue high octane panty raid provided by milo manara's pencils a near decade ago that people still fawn over and for good reason. it's gorgeous. and problematic. it sets itself apart from the hamfisted Marvel big league all star female wrangles as a one shot that employs the best of the fairer sex in all but a runway fashion show of pouty lips and power sets.

the franchise haas a way of exploring fetishism, exploitative body autonomy and the modern mutant narrative, lets see it done with the leading ladies of fun give it that kitsch that could make this medium one that sticks around. a kind of feminine anathema to X-Force when you need something eradicated down to its molecular level, damn near atomized? who do you call? the best there is at what they do: the X-Terminators.

Also- BoomBoom is Taryn Manning in everything she's been in from the 2000's and now.
    Last edited by ohsnapulon5000; 08-24-2022 at 02:25 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

You've convinced me . . . and speaking of Daughters of the Dragon from the mid-2000s, that even got expanded into the Civil War-era Heroes for Hire formed by them and including Black Cat, the same Black Cat who commented on Mary Jane Watson's "dump truck ass" back in Mary Jane/Black Cat Beyond. Considering that Carlos Gomez and Leah Williams did work on The Amazing Mary Jane together (I still say we were robbed of a full second arc) and Dazzler's own connections with Spider-Man, I'd love to see Dazzler and MJ team up or get together in some way, especially if Williams were writing and Gomez were drawing.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Hey all, just a heads up that X-Men Monday put out a "Call for Questions for Leah Williams for X-Terminators!"

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/08/23/x-...x-terminators/
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

In case anybody is interested...

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    and the deadline is 5pm EST today, for the below:

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Hey all, just a heads up that X-Men Monday put out a "Call for Questions for Leah Williams for X-Terminators!"

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/08/23/x-...x-terminators/
    ThanX, Jbenito!

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    In case anybody is interested...

and the deadline is 5pm EST today, for the below:

ThanX, Jbenito!
    Thank You for the reminder!

wait, honestly, isn't this yet another time Dazzler has been at the helm of an event called "X-Term..."? She led the cross dimensional hopping teams of AoA and X-Treme X-men in 2013's X-Termination event as well! Dazzler should just change her role with the X-men to The X-terminator. she's the best she is at what she does.

Issue 4 covers.

So:

Laura - Witch

Jubilee - Schoolgirl

Ali - Cheeleader

Tabitha - Magical Girl