Page 14 of 222 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    That was awful and I don't see how he's not going to be suspended for that. It looked like he intentionally pushed off his head with his foot.
    You can kind of see his thought process as he runs.

Break your tackle, break your tackle, haha, break all your tackles, bitches! One more guy to go, he's going low... I'll jump over the bastard! Oh noes, he didn't move! Sod it, it's his own fault for not letting me leap over him, I mean I did telegraph it about 6 seconds ago... BOOOT! Ha! That's what you get, you no moving mofo!

Yeah, he's getting suspended. Or at least, he should get suspended. I get that he was originally just trying to jump over the punter, but that foot action looked like no accident. It's like he was pissed off that the bloke didn't just move forward and underneath him like he expected. It'll be a big loss for the Steelers, although Wheaton put up a couple of big plays. Hopefully he can cover adequately in the meantime.
    Bring forth the pies!

He's trying to jump over the guy and when his foot hits the guy's helmet he shifts his weight to try to maintain balance. He'll almost certainly get suspended (especially with it constantly referred to as a "kick"), but he shouldn't be.

Quote Originally Posted by mars View Post
    He's trying to jump over the guy and when his foot hits the guy's helmet he shifts his weight to try to maintain balance. He'll almost certainly get suspended (especially with it constantly referred to as a "kick"), but he shouldn't be.
    That's really what it'll boil down to. Do the powers that be view the movement of the foot as malicious or simply an accident caused by trying to maintain his balance and keep the run going? Different people will view it differently. I'm a horribly cynical person so the first place I went to was that he booted him because he didn't move out of the way enough for him to jump. I'll be happy to admit I was wrong if those reviewing it find it otherwise.
    Bring forth the pies!

I wouldn't be surprised to see him get suspended, if only to discourage hurdling which is one of the more dangerous moves a ball carrier can do, obviously something like this can happen, but the ball carrier is also putting his lower legs in danger of coming into contact with the defender's helmet, great way to wreck your knees

And the NFL is claiming they were never shown this new video, so it didn't play a part in their investigation.

BANNED

I saw him dragging her limp, unconscious body off of the elevator and did the math. They could have done the same. It is more horrific if you watch it (though firstly do yourself a favor and don't, and secondly the dragging video was plenty awful enough), but it's not like you see it and say, "Oh, that's why he was dragging his unconscious fiancée around a hotel lobby!"

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    I saw him dragging her limp, unconscious body off of the elevator and did the math. They could have done the same. It is more horrific if you watch it (though firstly do yourself a favor and don't, and secondly the dragging video was plenty awful enough), but it's not like you see it and say, "Oh, that's why he was dragging his unconscious fiancée around a hotel lobby!"
    Not disagreeing, simply saying that this new video was never a part of the initial NFL investigation

It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar

WestPhillyPunisher felt shock:

How about the Pats losing to Miami 33-20 yesterday? I know all sorts of goofy stuff often happens in week one, but I certainly didn't see THAT coming. I'm sure Darth Hoodie wasn't at all pleased. Meanwhile, there's an ESPN doubleheader tonight starting with the Giants and Lions, followed by the Chargers and Cardinals.
    The Pats looked totally flat the whole second half, on both sides of the ball. Maybe they were right and the heat was a factor, I don't know. They looked like the Pats I know and loathe the first half. The 'Phins looked pretty good, but it was more a case of the Pats just not executing anything.
    Last edited by Paradox; 09-08-2014 at 10:20 AM.
    'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

Ravens just cut Rice,

Edit: and now the nfl has suspended him indef.
    Last edited by Hiromi; 09-08-2014 at 11:52 AM.

And the NFL has suspended Rice indefinitely.
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

Dude probably won't play again.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    Dude probably won't play again.
    He's only 27 and he's a very good running back. He'll be back. Not this season, but he'll be back.
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

My 'Boys got mauled yesterday. I got nothing else to say.

Ray Rice will be out for at least a year and deservedly so. Let him earn his way back into the NFL by commiting to speak out against domestic violence at high schools and colleges.

BANNED

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    The Pats looked totally flat the whole second half, on both sides of the ball. Maybe they were right and the heat was a factor, I don't know. They looked like the Pats I know and loathe the first half. The 'Phins looked pretty good, but it was more a case of the Pats just not executing anything.
    The heat wasn't a factor. It's been in the 80's/90's in New England the past two weeks and was devastatingly humid the week leading up the game. The problem was the D-line not executing and missing tackles. Moreno is very good but he shouldn't have been getting hit four or five times before being taken down. The missed tackles were horrendous and they made it to easier than it should have been. On the offensive side it the O-line was having some trouble giving Brady time and some of it was them not executing well. Also the playcalling was kind of off. We should have attacked your LB's. That was a weakness we didn't exploit. We tried to work the sidelines and it cost us.

BANNED

Ray Rice will get back in the league if he plays his cards right. If he doesn't make a scene of things on his way out. Keeps taking accountability. Speaks about domestic violence, shows remorse, he'll be forgiven and have a way back in the league. Whether he is still good is another thing. And that's his real issue.