Page 4 of 222 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Cardinals going 19-0.

Quote Originally Posted by mars View Post
    Cardinals going 19-0.
    Well, you never know.

The Cowboys sign Michael Sam to their practice squad. I think he could eventually make the roster. We definitely could use the help.

I'm going with the dark horse Cardinals losing to the Patriots 35-17 for Super Bowl XLIX!

My safe prediction is Green Bay over Denver, 30-23.

Seattle is one injury away from no going (too much depth was lost, no real backups in that china cabinet WR corps, & I'm not yet convinced of Wilson's durability). Denver has too many guys exiting their prime but somehow I think Manning will be triumphant over Tom Terrific again. New England would be my safe pic too, but with Darth Hoody trading away their last hole plugger for nothing, I'm convinced BB thinks its more fun to go to the playoffs with the Rutgers college team, an injury prone frat boy, and a QB that more people are interested in talking about his hair or scarves than his playing (unless he loses, people love that). Niners were my pick but with Aldon out ... they'll be lucky to be above .500 by his return. I still think we'll get 3 from the West but it will be Seattle, Cards, Niners in that order.

Green Bay looks solid and if Rodgers stays healthy ... I think they'll be adding to their dynasty this year.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Three of the past four years have been pretty good with our first picks. The O-Line is coming together nicely. The one bad pick sp far seems to be Claiborne. And Jerry has been listening to others in the camp like his son Stephen. So yeah, as long as he listens to the scouts like's he's done lately, I'd trust him.

He had the sense to pass on Manziel so that's a good sign.
    Jones basically blasted his son and others in the war room now. Claiming he should have taken Manziel. That he tried to explain to his son that Johnny Manziel is someone who can move a team from not being 8-8. Jones did admit that the team had other needs and his son explained it as best he could.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

The Cowboys sign Michael Sam to their practice squad. I think he could eventually make the roster. We definitely could use the help.
    Good luck to him, hope he makes it.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Jones basically blasted his son and others in the war room now. Claiming he should have taken Manziel. That he tried to explain to his son that Johnny Manziel is someone who can move a team from not being 8-8. Jones did admit that the team had other needs and his son explained it as best he could.
    I saw the interview and he didn't so much blast his son. He just said that it's not the usual kind of decision he makes. In the end, his son and the others will be proven right.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I saw the interview and he didn't so much blast his son. He just said that it's not the usual kind of decision he makes. In the end, his son and the others will be proven right.
    Of course they will. They handed Romo $50+ million in guarantees for 3-4 seasons left basically. Jones himself backed Romo last year on that deal. If he went against it , he would have created a damn , dumb circus . His son knew enough not to do that.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Cardinals going 19-0.
    Do tell. That would certainly make for good theater.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I'm going with the dark horse Cardinals losing to the Patriots 35-17 for Super Bowl XLIX!

My safe prediction is Green Bay over Denver, 30-23.

Seattle is one injury away from no going (too much depth was lost, no real backups in that china cabinet WR corps, & I'm not yet convinced of Wilson's durability). Denver has too many guys exiting their prime but somehow I think Manning will be triumphant over Tom Terrific again. New England would be my safe pic too, but with Darth Hoody trading away their last hole plugger for nothing, I'm convinced BB thinks its more fun to go to the playoffs with the Rutgers college team, an injury prone frat boy, and a QB that more people are interested in talking about his hair or scarves than his playing (unless he loses, people love that). Niners were my pick but with Aldon out ... they'll be lucky to be above .500 by his return. I still think we'll get 3 from the West but it will be Seattle, Cards, Niners in that order.

Green Bay looks solid and if Rodgers stays healthy ... I think they'll be adding to their dynasty this year.
    Where is the Green Bay defense though?

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    And people that say this, to them, I say, "Did you not see how out of his element he looked when he played Seattle last year? Especially in Seattle? And you're citing that he could move the ball against Green Bay, ranked #24 in overall defense, a one game outlier as your proof that he's a good passer?

Sorry man. He's mediocre in the pocket. At best. With the talent he has at receiver, he should be unstoppable.
    And then I would say did you see Drew Brees against the Seahawks in Seattle on two occasions this past season? Or Peyton Manning in the Super Bowl leading maybe the greatest offense of all time? No one plays well against the Seahawks D, especially in Seattle.

And yeah Green Bay's defense wasn't stellar. But when you get lit up for over 400 yards passing on less than 40 attempts as an NFL team, that is just sad no matter what. Colin has played well from the pocket against decent to good defenses. He made the Bears look silly in his first ever start in 2012. And that team had one of the best pass defenses that year. Same with the Cardinals twice this past season. Played great in both games.
    Last edited by HowitzerJoe; 09-03-2014 at 02:57 AM.

Cardinals going 19-0.
    Pssht. Whatever. They're a bubble team that's going to have to work their asses off to get a wild card.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    And yeah Green Bay's defense wasn't stellar. But when you get lit up for over 400 yards passing on less than 40 attempts as an NFL team, that is just sad no matter what. Colin has played well from the pocket against decent to good defenses. He made the Bears look silly in his first ever start in 2012. And that team had one of the best pass defenses that year. Same with the Cardinals twice this past season. Played great in both games.
    He passed for 3,197 yards while playing all season, averaging just about 200 yards a game... which is 36th in YPG passing last year. He had ten games where he threw for under 200 yards (And had 203 against the mighty Tampa Bay defense). TEN. He threw for 127 against the Seahawks, 127 against the Saints in the regular season, only 113 versus the Texans (who don't have a secondary), and but 91 yards against the Panthers. He had 2 more under 200 yard performances like that in the post-season.

In today's NFL, that's not even average, it's pathetic. He's not an elite passer, I'm sorry.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

BANNED

Jesus Christ. I thought I felt bad for Matt Leinart. Anyhoo, bold prediction: The Denver Broncos will be eliminated in the 2nd round of the playoffs (after their bye) by-the Oakland Raiders! And my New England Patriots will also be upset in the second round (after their bye, the AFC is weak) by Ryan Mallet and the Houston Texans. The Raiders beat the Houston Texans in their home stadium and go on to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl. I have no idea on the NFC, too many good teams and a few that could surprise, but I'm hoping it's not the 49ers because if I'm right (and there's very little chance of that happening, but if I am) I'd put the over/under at 4 stabbings in the parking lot regardless of the outcome. And I'd take the over.