Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Looking forward to SSoC coming out early next year.

I am home recovering form a hospital stay and wasn't going to get to my lcs this week, so when I saw #5 available on hoopla tonight, I borrowed it and read it. Great start to the new arc. Really felt like classic Conan in comics. Braithwaite's style is very different than de la Torre though both have a Buscema influence, but Doug's art worked really well here. Can't wait to see the rest of the arc.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Has issue #5 come out yet? I have it on order but haven't seen it in my LCS.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Has issue #5 come out yet? I have it on order but haven't seen it in my LCS.
    It got delayed a week but it's out. #6 was due next week but got pushed back to the 27th. It seems ot be a distributor thing not a Titan thing, but I'm not sure. #5 dropped digitally when it was supposed to, only physical copies were a week late getting to shops.

-M

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    It got delayed a week but it's out. #6 was due next week but got pushed back to the 27th. It seems ot be a distributor thing not a Titan thing, but I'm not sure. #5 dropped digitally when it was supposed to, only physical copies were a week late getting to shops.

-M
    Thank you for the update.

Release of issue #6 has now been pushed back to 1/3/24. The delay is not on the creator end, the issue has been done and printed, it is some sort of snafu at the distributor level.

-M

Jim Zub offers up a review of the relaunch of Conan and a look at what's to come in a message for Conan fans new and old alike.

Man, I'm jazzed for what's coming in 2024. The Conan relaunch was hands down my favorite comic of 2023.

-M

Spectacular Member SavageJudgeDredd's Avatar

Cool to hear! Should I skip Zub's Marvel run and get right to this? Or does it matter? I'm a fan of the Dark Horse stuff etc.

Quote Originally Posted by SavageJudgeDredd View Post
    Cool to hear! Should I skip Zub's Marvel run and get right to this? Or does it matter? I'm a fan of the Dark Horse stuff etc.
    You don't need to read Zub's Marvel stuff to jump in to this. You don't need to have read any of the Marvel stuff from either run (or the Dark Horse stuff) as long as you are passingly familiar with the character or can pick things up from the intro page quickly. It's very new reader friendly. That said, I would read Zub's arc from Savage Sword with Pat Zircher on art because it was very good. You might need to have a little familiarity with the story "The Queen of the Black Coast" to fully appreciate some elements in the 2nd arc of the Titan series, as it takes place in the aftermath of that story with Conan still mourning the death of Belit, but the flashbacks in the arc give you enough to get the gist if it's not a story you have read before.

-M
    Last edited by MRP; 01-07-2024 at 09:40 AM.

My LCS had me screwed for a moment. I found issues #3 and #4 of the new series on the shelf and I placed a subscription thru Previews starting with #5. I even put in a re-order to get #1 and #2. Somehow had me down for the Marvel series and I missed issues 5 and 6 as well as 1 and 2. Luckily for me they straightened every think out and I now have 1-6. Whew.

Astonishing Member

My LCS had me screwed for a moment. I found issues #3 and #4 of the new series on the shelf and I placed a subscription thru Previews starting with #5. I even put in a re-order to get #1 and #2. Somehow had me down for the Marvel series and I missed issues 5 and 6 as well as 1 and 2. Luckily for me they straightened every think out and I now have 1-6. Whew.
    Comic shops are able to take orders from years back?

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Comic shops are able to take orders from years back?
    Not sure. There may be reprints available for some comics.

Not sure. There may be reprints available for some comics.
    If the distributor still has copies you can, but more likely, the shop uses some kind of computerized database for ordering, that hasn't cleared out the Marvel series form the database and the shop employee inputted the order on the wrong series without noticing.

-M

Spectacular Member SavageJudgeDredd's Avatar

Thanks for the Conan tips! Sure is a lot of Conan to check out from all the eras.

If you are having trouble tracking down issues #1-4 of the Titan series, the trade comes out in February or that 1st arc. All 4 issues went to multiple printings, so there may be some available form distributors still if your shop is willing to try to order them.

They are also available on the hoopla service for free if your local library offers it, and the FCBD issue is up online for free from Titan if anyone wants to check it out and doesn't have access to an lcs or doesn't want to wait for the trade.

-M